movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Looking at the wiki page there seems to be a few sources backing up the idea that there's been interest in making a sequel. But there's nothing showing up as being in production on Refn's IMDB page. Who knows haha

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:There were talks of a sequel but I am pretty sure it isn't happening. And yeah I really liked the soundtrack.

Most people seem to get frothy at the mouth over the electronic tracks from bands with song that already existed, but I really liked the ambient parts myself.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:57 am

Watched Trance. Was Okay. Ending Sucked. What was with all the vagina? End.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Watched Darkman earlier, I thought it was good.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 pm

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:Watched Darkman earlier, I thought it was good.

The two sequels aren't too terrible either. Not as good, obviously, but not bad.

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:41 pm

Saw Cobra last night, I loved it.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Got Tron Legacy and Saving Private Ryan on DVD cheap at Tesco.

Saving Private Ryan - I like to think of this as a precursor to Band of Brothers. Great if a little long, but its well written enough you can go without noticing it. Surprised how many now famous actors are in it from Vin Diesel to Nathan Fillion, to some classics like Ted Danson. 9/10

Tron Legacy - I'm not sure what to make of it. It's was entertaining but if definitely had its flaws. There were a lot of plots holes so the planned sequel will be nice to see them closed up. Bit disappointed at the lack of Tron being used properly. 6/10

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Andy Hall wrote:Oblivion

All I can say is I loved it, twists, turns, a lot more heart than Tron had, well acted looked AMAZING, great story , not just action, action either good balance 9/10

I will be buying this when it comes out
:

I saw this today...Apart from the fact that it looked amazing, I'd have to disagree on every point.
I found it to be overlong, predictable and heartless. There was an awesome indie film a few years ago that I won't mention for sake of spoilers...but this was like what would have happened had the hollywood machine got involved in that. It tried to be clever, but I think it was trying too hard for it's own good, and by the end I just really didn't give a toss what happened to any of the characters. It wasn't the worst film, and if it'd been half an hour shorter it would have probably been a decent popcorn flick.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Saw The Place Beyond the Pines before.
It was good, don't get me wrong. But I do feel it dragged at times. I thought I'd been sat there for at least 3 hours rather than the roughly 2 hours 10 mins. I feel the advertising campaign has been a bit misleading, but I guess it has it's pro's (IE the trailer not giving the whole thing away, and the element of surprise and all that). To me it seems to be billed as 'The new Ryan Gosling Film' which whilst the first third certainly was, isn't true for the whole film. I felt the transition from the first act (for want of a better phrase) to the second was very well done. Like I say, I couldn't complain about it as such, nothing bad (*possible spoiler* other than I felt that the characters didn't look like they'd aged 15 years after the time jump (the baby's aside of course)). But I just felt a bit indifferent. This year films like Stoker and Spring Breakers left a real impression on me, but with this, I just felt a bit indifferent. Vicky asked me what I thought after, and I struggled to say anything really.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:36 pm

Stoker and Oz are my fav films of the first third of the year for me
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 am

CHILLERAMA

Glow in the dark sex-crazed zombies, a reanimated dancing Jewish corpse, gay werebears, death by shit, and a gigantic sperm having sex with the Statue of Liberty.
I have to be honest. When I woke up this morning, none of those things were on my list of things to see.

The last ever Drive-In movie theatre is closing down and is showing three (and a bit) horror films for its final night.
But first there's the wraparound story...

An obnoxious drunk digs up the body of his dead, nagging wife to try and have sex with her one last time. As you do.
Unfortunately for him (and even more unfortunately for his plums), his wife is actually a zombie and she proceeds to munch on his two veg, infecting him with fluorescent blue drool. Off he runs to his job at the Drive-In, and we start the first story.

WADZILLA.
Playing like a low budget 1950's Creature Feature, a man is given a drug to enhance his sperm count but instead of creating many little sperm, he creates a single giant one. After the man knocks one out in his date's bathroom, the carnivorous ejaculate escapes, grows to an enormous size, and has to be blown up by helicopters.
So many brilliantly gooey moments, and all done in the worst possible taste.
8/10

After a quick dip back into the wraparound story (which is now more of a love story between two teenagers visiting the Drive-In), I WAS A TEENAGE WEREBEAR is next and the quality level drops a bit with what is basically a cross between a gay Lost Boys and a '60s Beach Party musical. Whereas the first segment looked like it was directed badly on purpose, this part just seems badly directed in general, with most jokes missing the mark and the story itself being a bit of a non-starter.
5/10

After more wraparound shenanigans (four teenagers trying to escape the sex zombies) The movie's highlight comes next in the shape of the brilliantly titled THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANKENSTEIN.
Filmed with subtitles and in jerky black and white, the story begins with Hitler killing Anne Frank for a book on how to raise the dead written by her grandfather (Frank was shortened from Frankenstein, you see). He then creates a lumbering seven foot orthodox Jew monster called Meshugganah played by Kane (Jason Voorhees) Hodder, who ends up killing everyone including Nazi soldiers, Hitler, and his big boobed slutmonkey of a wife, Eva Brawn, before doing a little dance to Hava Nagila.
Utterly ridiculous and stupidly funny, words really can't describe the insanity involved here.
9/10

A quick flirtation with a film called DEATHACATION (About people pooing themselves to death) comes next but is quickly replaced by the final part of the wraparound story, which now involves an orgy of zombie oral sex, disemboweled three-ways, and general corpse humping. All very silly with the owner of the Drive-In blasting zombies in the face (with a shotgun) while quoting famous movie lines.
8/10.

Overall 8/10

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:21 am

Trailer for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyPnQw_Lqds

:D :D
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:33 am

This weekend I watched.

The Hunter which was good. It was abit different. I'd read it was slow but I din't think it was.

The Shrine, a rather poor horror, turned it off half way.

Lawless, which was ok for a Sunday afternoon film. Passed the time.

Oblivion which I really enjoyed apart from the last twenty minutes which was a shame. It changed from a cool sci fi film with plenty of twists into suddenly being really cheesy and predictable.
I see the bad moon arising.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:51 pm

I wish micheal bay and ehren kruger would finally understand.

I really don't care about your paper thin plot and terrible writing.

i just want you to show me more robots fighting. that shit looks badass.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Jobdone wrote:I wish micheal bay and ehren kruger would finally understand.

I really don't care about your paper thin plot and terrible writing.

i just want you to show me more robots fighting. that shit looks badass.

I'm waiting for Pacific Rim to come out so Del Toro can show Michael Bay how robot movies should be done.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Point Break is going to get remade. I don't understand why, I love that film so much but it doesn't need to be redone. It's wonderful as it is!
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.