Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

For general discussion of all things metal-related.
User avatar
Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon
Posts: 9998
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:03 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Sat May 04, 2013 9:54 pm

skull-wart wrote:I'll see Exhumed next week in that dodgy part of manc (Alright, the irony is not lost on me) near the Star and Garter. I've heard it's a nice pub - it's just the dodgy prostitution going on around it that seems off putting :lol:

I've wandered around there pissed loads and can't say I've ever noticed anything, saying that I am oblivious to most things. Have you ever posted a photo of yourself on here? Can't think what you look like or owt. I too shall be at the gig I think!
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

User avatar
kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2969
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby kanet666 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Last - Scar Symmetry, Beholder and Bloodshot Dawn in Manc

Next - MegaDave in London
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

User avatar
Dr Sin
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Warrington

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Dr Sin » Sat May 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Last - Dirty Little Secrets in Warrington

Next - Lordi, Kaledon and Hostile in Manchestoh
Image

User avatar
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon
Posts: 18671
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Leigh
Contact:

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sat May 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Kylan_Paassa wrote:
skull-wart wrote:I'll see Exhumed next week in that dodgy part of manc (Alright, the irony is not lost on me) near the Star and Garter. I've heard it's a nice pub - it's just the dodgy prostitution going on around it that seems off putting :lol:

I've wandered around there pissed loads and can't say I've ever noticed anything, saying that I am oblivious to most things. Have you ever posted a photo of yourself on here? Can't think what you look like or owt. I too shall be at the gig I think!

I'm kind of tempted by this. My last piece of work for uni ever in is in the day after though, so it will majorly depend on how well/quick I work in the forthcoming days.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

User avatar
Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon
Posts: 9998
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:03 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Sun May 05, 2013 12:06 am

they were excellent last year and that was moho, so I'd imagine it being an improvement in a ways at that venue. aye, be good if you could make it like, but only if you are absolutely sorted with uni stuff!
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

User avatar
skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2736
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:22 pm
Location: Accessing the Acropolis

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby skull-wart » Sun May 05, 2013 7:11 am

Kylan_Paassa wrote:
skull-wart wrote:I'll see Exhumed next week in that dodgy part of manc (Alright, the irony is not lost on me) near the Star and Garter. I've heard it's a nice pub - it's just the dodgy prostitution going on around it that seems off putting :lol:

I've wandered around there pissed loads and can't say I've ever noticed anything, saying that I am oblivious to most things. Have you ever posted a photo of yourself on here? Can't think what you look like or owt. I too shall be at the gig I think!


Nope, but I'll be there in denim with a Sodom back patch :yes: give me a shout if you see me!
Image
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

User avatar
AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon
Posts: 18671
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:52 am
Location: Leigh
Contact:

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sun May 05, 2013 9:22 am

Kylan_Paassa wrote:they were excellent last year and that was moho, so I'd imagine it being an improvement in a ways at that venue. aye, be good if you could make it like, but only if you are absolutely sorted with uni stuff!

Well I'm hoping to get one done today, and then finish the other for Wednesday. So hopefully I'll be done, let's just hope procrastination doesn't get the better of me haha.
I also hope there'll be tickets on the door.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

ribbons69
Denim Demon
Posts: 5138
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:04 pm
Location: The howling edge

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby ribbons69 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:33 am

KevBowerHell wrote:Last - Saxon in Nottingham
Next - Uli John Roth in Derby tonight

How was Uli? He was amazing in Sutton In Ashfield in December.
Last gig was Devin in Brixton on Friday,next will probably be Bonfire at Rock City in June.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,


we fall to rise

User avatar
someone else
Denim Demon
Posts: 5947
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Chester, UK
Contact:

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby someone else » Sun May 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Saw Threshold for the 7th time last night - still worth it. They headlined a fest with more traditional prog bands in a chinzy nightclub (mini-skirted, perma tanned teens waited to get in as the beer bellied 40 somethings of no-fixed-haircuts were ushered out). Which highlights the band's problem - they're still in that cul-de-sac, and haven't been able to make a Dream Theater style break despite making great albums with enough pop nous to make them acceptable to a more mainstream audience.

Next - Andy Cairns of Therapy doing a solo gig.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

User avatar
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon
Posts: 5258
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:33 pm
Location: Some non-descript village in Ireland

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sun May 12, 2013 6:27 pm

Last gig : Devin Townsend Project, Dublin
Next gig : Mastodon, Dublin
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:38 am

someone else wrote:Saw Threshold for the 7th time last night - still worth it. They headlined a fest with more traditional prog bands in a chinzy nightclub (mini-skirted, perma tanned teens waited to get in as the beer bellied 40 somethings of no-fixed-haircuts were ushered out). Which highlights the band's problem - they're still in that cul-de-sac, and haven't been able to make a Dream Theater style break despite making great albums with enough pop nous to make them acceptable to a more mainstream audience.

Next - Andy Cairns of Therapy doing a solo gig.

Yep-i have never understood why Threshold aren't more popular-a real travesty.

User avatar
Darkweasel
Denim Demon
Posts: 14551
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Shakespeare Cuntry
Contact:

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Darkweasel » Tue May 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Last: Devin/Meshuggah
Next: Journey/Whitesnake/Thunder
Image

User avatar
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!
Posts: 4291
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:17 am

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Wed May 15, 2013 8:52 am

Last - Dames Of Darkness
Next - Thunder/Journey/Whitesnake.

User avatar
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon
Posts: 12243
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: Hellfast, Northern Fireland

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed May 15, 2013 9:20 am

I've decided instead of Sonne Adam in Dublin this weekend i'm going to stick in Belfast to go see a local Ska Punk 9 piece instead. It'll be my celebration for the end of uni so cheap pints in the SU and dancing like fuck seems more appropriate than overpriced Dublin pints and a wall of noise. Next Punk/Metal gig now will be English Dogs next weekend.
Image
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

User avatar
Podgie.
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:35 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Last Gig/Next Gig Thread

Postby Podgie. » Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 pm

Yesterday one of the band's I've designed a logo for, Norway's Overthrow, bagged direct support for Megadeth in Oslo Friday night, so I've booked a last minute flight and my next gig will be Megadeth. From the side of the stage. Pretty stoked as they're like, my favourite band ever. Totally winging it though so we'll see how it works out :lol: