The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed May 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Danroush wrote:
karastorm wrote:ok going to sound strange but I'm hell confused. I'm a little torn on how it works as I have atttachement issues but are one night stands classed as a relationship.

No. No they are not

In medieval Ireland they were legally defined as a form of marriage. We're actually pretty lucky that these days there's normally no legal repercussions of a random fuck (unless we're talking paternity suits.)

Kara, what exactly is it you're finding scary about it?
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Tet wrote:
peypea wrote:I know a lot more guys than girls that have cheated, ratio is probably about 5:1.

Interesting. I'd say the ratio is probably 5:1 in the other direction. Selection bias, I guess.

Also note that different people have differing views on what constitutes cheating. For example: Eatin's not cheatin'. Discuss.

I'd also say a lot more women I know have cheated than men, and said women are serial offenders. But yeah, it depends on the social group, as a lot of the guys I know are more similar to me in the sense that getting one girl is an achievement in itself so tend not to stray far :lol:

Another question to add to this: A friend of mine spends a lot of time up here on a strictly friends only basis (she has a boyfriend), but I keep getting told "If anything were to happen, it'd be her fault, not yours" and this is becoming an increasingly large group. I am right in saying that I'm equally responsible, and that if anything were to happen I'd be completely right to object out of principle, and not to go along with it?
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

karastorm
Warrior of Metal

Postby karastorm » Wed May 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Right thanks. Sorry to sound like a complete tard just confusion is all.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed May 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Of course you'd be equally responsible! Unless she drugged you or something.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 08, 2013 5:24 pm

kanet666 wrote:
Tet wrote:
peypea wrote:I know a lot more guys than girls that have cheated, ratio is probably about 5:1.

Interesting. I'd say the ratio is probably 5:1 in the other direction. Selection bias, I guess.

Also note that different people have differing views on what constitutes cheating. For example: Eatin's not cheatin'. Discuss.

I'd also say a lot more women I know have cheated than men, and said women are serial offenders. But yeah, it depends on the social group, as a lot of the guys I know are more similar to me in the sense that getting one girl is an achievement in itself so tend not to stray far :lol:

Another question to add to this: A friend of mine spends a lot of time up here on a strictly friends only basis (she has a boyfriend), but I keep getting told "If anything were to happen, it'd be her fault, not yours" and this is becoming an increasingly large group. I am right in saying that I'm equally responsible, and that if anything were to happen I'd be completely right to object out of principle, and not to go along with it?

Of course you'd be right to object out of principle, but at the same time it's not your relationship. If anything happened with her you would be equally responsible, but not anywhere near the same level of immoral as she would be to cheat on her boyfriend, but it's still obviously not the best thing for you to do either, especially when (if you genuinely wanted something to happen with her) you could try to convince her to end the other relationship if she actually wanted something with you.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed May 08, 2013 5:25 pm

What Hannah said. It takes two to tango.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed May 08, 2013 5:29 pm

not for billy idol

karastorm
Warrior of Metal

Postby karastorm » Wed May 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:
Danroush wrote:
karastorm wrote:ok going to sound strange but I'm hell confused. I'm a little torn on how it works as I have atttachement issues but are one night stands classed as a relationship.

No. No they are not

In medieval Ireland they were legally defined as a form of marriage. We're actually pretty lucky that these days there's normally no legal repercussions of a random fuck (unless we're talking paternity suits.)

Kara, what exactly is it you're finding scary about it?

It's the chatting up random people, going out side and doing something that may not be right for me. I'm in a state of confusion right now as I still love my ex and want them back. But I want to move on with my life and not sure how to do that. Considering I've only had two partner's I'm frightened I'll come across inexperienced or innocent.

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed May 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Nothing wrong with being inexperienced anyway, and if you're with someone that has a problem with such a thing, he's clearly not the right guy for you at all.

As for the still loving the ex thing? Time will fix that. And get a cat. Cats are better than people.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed May 08, 2013 5:41 pm

What about cheating on someone when you know quite well they're already in a relationship?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Wed May 08, 2013 5:42 pm

siliconfury wrote:What about cheating on someone when you know quite well they're already in a relationship?

I did that. Still a cunt for it.
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed May 08, 2013 5:47 pm

I was offered the chance for that.

The girl got angry because I turned her down because she was a in relationship with one of friends.

Bitches be crazy.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:49 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:Of course you'd be equally responsible! Unless she drugged you or something.

See, that's how I see it, everyone else I know seems to believe otherwise :|
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed May 08, 2013 5:51 pm

kanet666 wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:Of course you'd be equally responsible! Unless she drugged you or something.

See, that's how I see it, everyone else I know seems to believe otherwise :|

Pfft - fuck everyone else. They are clearly tools.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed May 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Delightful-Jim wrote:
siliconfury wrote:What about cheating on someone when you know quite well they're already in a relationship?

I did that. Still a cunt for it.

I've done that, I'll admit it's not morally brilliant but I don't see it on the same level at all as cheating, especially if the person they're with is someone I don't know at all (or hate). I wouldn't do something like that if I was friends with the other guy though, would be breaking the trust I had with that friend.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1