TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby angel_of_death » Tue May 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Andy Hall wrote:I've never watched 1 episode of 24, never grabbed me :(

If you never watched an episode, how do you know it doesn't grab you?

Personally I think it was the best news of the year! I can't wait!

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed May 15, 2013 7:57 am

Jobdone wrote:Bullshit ass bullshit from HIMYM.

"HEY REMEMBER ALL THOSE EPISODES WHERE NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENED"
"I SURE DO"
"THANK GOD WE MADE THOSE SO WE HAVE TO FIT ALL THIS ACTUAL PLOT INTO 20 MINUTES. YAAAAAAY"

:lol:
Totally agree, but I think they did enough in that season finale to draw me in for Season 9 (plus as it's the final season and I've been watching for so long, I might as well see it through).
Definitely going to be a bunch of breakup/makeup bullshit between The Mother and Ted, because the writers think the fans are idiots.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed May 15, 2013 8:41 am

Darkweasel wrote:Okay, so after last week's Game of Thrones, I called it a "moving the chess pieces" episode.
Well, this week for the most part, it was a total fucking stalemate.

I completely agree. And having been told that they plan to squeeze the most interesting parts of this series into one episode towards the end of the series, I'm really frustrated right now.

This part of the book series is by no means boring, but it's like they're trying their best to make this season as boring as possible.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Owen
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Owen » Wed May 15, 2013 11:27 am

Applecore wrote:
Jobdone wrote:Bullshit ass bullshit from HIMYM.

"HEY REMEMBER ALL THOSE EPISODES WHERE NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENED"
"I SURE DO"
"THANK GOD WE MADE THOSE SO WE HAVE TO FIT ALL THIS ACTUAL PLOT INTO 20 MINUTES. YAAAAAAY"

:lol:
Totally agree, but I think they did enough in that season finale to draw me in for Season 9 (plus as it's the final season and I've been watching for so long, I might as well see it through).
Definitely going to be a bunch of breakup/makeup bullshit between The Mother and Ted, because the writers think the fans are idiots.

That's one things that the show keeps doing, is acting like their fans have no idea what coming next, despite everything being really predictable.
Turbo wrote:Got to be honest, in comparison to pizza you can get take away or at restaurants - shop bought pizza is shit. Had another doner kebab pizza today. Shit is off the fucking chain.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed May 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Fjar wrote:[This part of the book series is by no means boring, but it's like they're trying their best to make this season as boring as possible.

Really? I've been completely gripped by it! Only ever read the first book, quite enjoyed it but (and this is unusual for me) I enjoyed the TV series more. So I've just decided to keep myself surprised by not reading the other books. I've found this season uniformly excellent.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed May 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Full 3 minute trailer for 'SHIELD', the TV series spin off from The Avengers movie. Looking good.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/05/15/marvels ... d-trailer/

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed May 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Soze wrote:
Fjar wrote:[This part of the book series is by no means boring, but it's like they're trying their best to make this season as boring as possible.

Really? I've been completely gripped by it! Only ever read the first book, quite enjoyed it but (and this is unusual for me) I enjoyed the TV series more. So I've just decided to keep myself surprised by not reading the other books. I've found this season uniformly excellent.

im loving season 3 so far. it's just getting better and better imo. Danaerys is becoming interesting at last, Jamie is finally being used after his 10 minutes in season 2 and his story is proving nothing less than brilliantly written, finally seeing more of the mystical/magical side of the series, and the upcoming battle is just going to be fantastic. i can finally not say a single bad thing about this show as they seem to have finally gotten the kinks out of it's system.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed May 15, 2013 2:09 pm

Soze wrote:Full 3 minute trailer for 'SHIELD', the TV series spin off from The Avengers movie. Looking good.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/05/15/marvels ... d-trailer/

Dont touch Lola!

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed May 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Luke_X wrote:
Soze wrote:

im loving season 3 so far. it's just getting better and better imo. Danaerys is becoming interesting at last, Jamie is finally being used after his 10 minutes in season 2 and his story is proving nothing less than brilliantly written, finally seeing more of the mystical/magical side of the series, and the upcoming battle is just going to be fantastic. i can finally not say a single bad thing about this show as they seem to have finally gotten the kinks out of it's system.

Overall, this is easily the best season so far, but the kinks are far from out of it. Speaking as someone who hasn't read the books and is just viewing it as a TV show in its own right, (so also without the hindrance of prior knowledge of the plots), I've found the pacing quite erratic and the leaps between stories are quite disjointed.

It's still a top show but it's too much spread too thin.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Wed May 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Banshee, seriously this show is amazing 3 episodes in and i'm flawed by how good each episode has been :o
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed May 15, 2013 9:42 pm

Watch the trailers for some the new American shows.

Us and Them (gavin and Stacey USA) - the first looks like a straight up rip with some obvious changes. The guy playing smithy's character looks like such a bad fit but maybe it'll work. I imagine they'll have used up all of thebritish storyline by the end of the first season.

Shawn saves the world - looks like the character jack from will and grace but less in your face. But looked like it could be funny.

Almost Human - Karl Urban being awesome in what looks like Alien Nation but with robots. Trailer looked great and will nicely fill the void left by Fringe.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Thu May 16, 2013 10:54 am

So glad I stuck with Hannibal, loving it

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu May 16, 2013 11:04 am

Finally got round to watching Twin Peaks, it's pretty good i'm on episode 4 right now. Not all that weird like people said though.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu May 16, 2013 11:12 am

Hannibal is amazing. I was really impressed.

And I've started watching Portlandia. This shit is hilarious.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu May 16, 2013 11:45 am

Last episode of season 1 of Arrow next week, holy shit this series is good, everyone said this owuld be the flop of the year, how wrong were they :o
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol: