The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby V-Man » Fri May 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Asking a lady on something resembling "a date" (dinner, film, back of your car in McDonalds car park etc.) is fine in my books and I don't discourage it, it is after all the tried and tested cliché method. It would appear to be something that becomes more acceptable with age though. All of my relationships and romantic encounters have developed spontaneously - the product of some kind of mutual attraction, enjoyable personal interaction and possibly existing romantic tension. Since I was about 16 I've generally found that while hoping something will happen isn't necessarily a bad thing, when you are going to have success with a girl you can usually tell beforehand. Assuming you're not blind to all forms of emotion, if you are; go have a big wank and be lonely forever, just don't kidnap anyone.
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:02 pm

I've been out on a "date" before, a couple of times in fact. I'm not one fro getting terribly drunk at the best of times and it's not often I end up with anyone, so I try to make the most of it.

I tend not to ask people out though, unless it's put bluntly to me that said person is interested (I suck at judging between when someone is just being friendly and flirtatious and when someone is genuinely interested) so I tend to back off and leave it rather than going and asking.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri May 17, 2013 5:21 pm

I've only ever had two dates. One I came off as a big immature student and she made an excuse and left. I don't know why I said yes anyway. I was trying to chat her knickers off on New Years Eve and she caught me off guard with the "want to go for a drink sometime?" I didn't, but said yes as a reflex action. Found someone else to take home that night anyway.

The other was originally planned as me showing up a few hours early to her house party for sex, but then her parents didn't go away like planned. Still got a blowjob behind Wetherspoons though.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Fri May 17, 2013 5:22 pm

You don't count our Weatherperson breakfast as a date? :P :lol:
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri May 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Ndnd wrote:You don't count our Weatherperson breakfast as a date? :P :lol:

Completely forgot about that one :lol:

Okay three then. That one was definitely the most successful.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Katy
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Katy » Fri May 17, 2013 8:38 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:
VirginInvader wrote:I swear asking people out is what kids so in American high school movies. Just get drunk and see what happens innit.

As sad as it is I've never done anything other than getting drunk and seeing what happens D: One day I'd like to date someone properly, even if it is lame and American!

As an American, I was really surprised to learn that in Britain, it's not the done thing to date more than one person at a time. You hook up (with alcohol as the enabler) and then in the morning you either slink home or stick together as a couple.

In America, you are presumed free to date whomever you like until you have a conversation in which you agree to be monogamous. It's considered uncool to have unprotected sex with more than one person and even protected sex with multiple people is seen as slutty, but you can go out with Bob on Friday, Bill on Saturday, and continue doing this until you decide if you prefer Bob or Bill or maybe just someone else.

I used to date several men at a time, although by the time I'd have sex with someone, I'd narrowed it down to them (or did so immediately after the sex, provided it was good enough that I wanted to repeat the experience.)

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri May 17, 2013 8:50 pm

9 times out of 10 its fuck off home and pretend it never happened.

V-Man
Paster of Muppets

Postby V-Man » Fri May 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Americans
I used to have a link to a social networking site here but these days you all probably already know who I am.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri May 17, 2013 9:27 pm

OMG Tim I love you. :lol:
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Fri May 17, 2013 9:47 pm

I've spent 3 hours with a girl, in Starbucks, she asked me to meet her there, it didn't kill me :thud:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri May 17, 2013 10:00 pm

I like dates, but they've usually happened after the initial drunk kiss so it's not all weird and nervous usually.

De Stijl
Leather Rebel

Postby De Stijl » Fri May 17, 2013 10:05 pm

peypea wrote:OMG Tim I love you. :lol:

This.
I'd turn for Tim.
RYM LastFM FaceBook

Delightful-Jim wrote:Feelings are for queers.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Sat May 18, 2013 12:00 am

Nantha wrote:I like dates, but they've usually happened after the initial drunk kiss so it's not all weird and nervous usually.

The thing is I don't go on dates, women never ask me out alone, it was quite a nice feeling, even if it wasn't romantic, it was just nice to have some female company :lol:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sat May 18, 2013 6:55 am

I think I have it sussed quite well. I go on what are pretty much dates with male friends quite a bit. When sex is on the cards I dont want to fanny about talking about pets or waiting for bill I have a very high sex drive and would rather stay in and get another round of fucking in.

Sounds very unclassy but works for me and mates I have dates with know that It's just two mates hsbing a good time and I'm not prick teasing
Mau Mau

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sat May 18, 2013 6:59 am

Just to be clear I don't fuck my mates , but have really nice night outs with them.
Mau Mau