movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:18 am

Luke_X wrote:The whole film was originality. Its a completely different take on Superman. And tbh, your saying its taking from other films but transformers took heavily from independence day which in turn took heavily from Stargate which took from Star Trek. Almost every film will borrow an element from something else. Snyder did a fantastic job of weaving in and out of action with emotional situations. Also, he didnt write it. Nolan came up with the original idea with Golan. So point some blame his way too.

Also lets keep in mind this is only a reintroduction of the character. They have the ability to expand more now. Batman Begins (which people were also very picky about) wasnt exactly original either but it spawned two of the biggest superhero film sequels.

It's as close to Superman as you can get.

I did mention Goyer though :?

And I don't mind influences, I do mind complete rip offs though and some of those scenes were complete rip offs, I may need to see it again mind you
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Darkweasel wrote:Hatchet 3
More swamp based slaughter courtesy of Victor Crowley and some sharp, pointy objects. A massive - MASSIVE improvement on the awful second instalment. Funny, scary, gory as hell and filled as usual with cameos and appearances by a long list of horror actors and actresses. There's even a quality comedy moment where the Sheriff recalls the story from the first two films contrived and ridiculous, only for Adam Green (their director) to look up and frown disappointedly from his jail cell. Some great moments throughout, especially when two different Jasons from Friday the 13th movies go head to head.
8/10

Didn't realise they'd made a third one. Sweet :yes:

I'm sure a man of your knowledge has already seen it but if not then check out Tucker and Dale vs Evil.
I see the bad moon arising.

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Was going to the secret screening that Cineworld are doing tonight but I'm exhausted so might give it a miss. People are saying it's Now you see me, which I can wait for. I can wait for any movie really :lol:

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:46 pm

Ghost wrote:I'm sure a man of your knowledge has already seen it but if not then check out Tucker and Dale vs Evil.

Been there done that bought the DVD. :yes:

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Just watched Hunger Games, superb film the sequel should be even better, I'm currently reading that book, great action, great acting, lots of emotion, superb effects

9/10
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:32 pm

Andy Hall wrote:Just watched Hunger Games, superb film the sequel should be even better, I'm currently reading that book, great action, great acting, lots of emotion, superb effects

9/10

It was better than I expected, would probably go closer to a 7 though. It was like a family version of Battle Royale.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Soze wrote:It was like a family version of Battle Royale.

And that's why I'll never watch it. :yes:

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:37 am

6 or 7/10 for me.
Overall very enjoyable. More than I had imagined it would be anyway. The "twist" at the end of the games was predictable and a bit rubbish though.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:39 am

I'd go as far as a 7 as well. It didn't really have much of a punch to it (especially during that fight sequence in the second half) but from what I've read, the sequels will be much more adult.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:45 am

I certainly didn't feel like I was watching a kid's film, I do have the 15 cut though and didn't see the film in the cinema, the books are good

Battle Royale isn't a film I could see again it was too much, and this wasn't exactly a fun experience it's quite an emotional film in my opinion, but just got the levels spot on

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:07 am

Andy Hall wrote:Battle Royale isn't a film I could see again it was too much, and this wasn't exactly a fun experience it's quite an emotional film in my opinion, but just got the levels spot on

Stay away from the sequel.
It's not emotional, it's just rubbish.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:09 am

I've seen that too

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:22 am

I'm having an 80s slasher night in a few weeks. Films I haven't seen. So far I'm thinking Motel Hell and The Intruder.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Ugh, the Battle Royale/Hunger Games comparisons are so overdone now. They are not the same.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Fjar wrote:Ugh, the Battle Royale/Hunger Games comparisons are so overdone now. They are not the same.

I didn't think so either, but i'm tired of arguing about it :lol: