movies

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Re: movies

Postby Andy Hall » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Oh definitely, but when you set the Batman trilogy up to have a lot of things set in reality and his tools etc are all plausable, I was hoping maybe this Superman would be less powerful than they showed him to be

I didn't totally hate it, it just left me cold, and I want a prequel set on Krypton, that was the best part of the film for me

I thought the best performances in this were from the 2 older leads in Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe :yes:
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:57 pm

Got Tucker and Dale vs Evil for £3 :D

Slayer-ov-orcs
Denim Demon

Postby Slayer-ov-orcs » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Just watched 8mm and thought it was good, I'm not sure why it has such poor reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.
Feel free to add me on last.fm http://www.last.fm/user/Slayer-ov-orcs

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Slayer-ov-orcs wrote:Just watched 8mm and thought it was good, I'm not sure why it has such poor reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.

I'm a big fan of 8mm.

It took ages for me to accept the guy who played Machine as Andy Bellefleur in True blood. :lol:

Also, nice use of Danzig posters during the final showdown. 8)

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Andy Hall wrote:Oh definitely, but when you set the Batman trilogy up to have a lot of things set in reality and his tools etc are all plausable, I was hoping maybe this Superman would be less powerful than they showed him to be

I didn't totally hate it, it just left me cold, and I want a prequel set on Krypton, that was the best part of the film for me

I thought the best performances in this were from the 2 older leads in Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe :yes:

But the thing is he isn't over powered in the film. In the comics he is ridiculously over powered in some.of the earlier ones like telekinesis and just unstoppable. But theyve really bought him down. In the film you see him get knocked over by rockets and easily taken down.

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:59 pm

I've been truly put off Man of Steel now after my friend, a die hard DC Comics and Superman fan, said that it was just 2 and a bit hours of Superman being punched and thrown through walls...over and over again.

It's like Hollywood have no ideas left about how to actually make a good fight... :P

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:13 am

Watched a couple of films I havn't seen for a while yesterday

Knight and Day extended cut

Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz in action comedy, both pull this film along nicely, they seem to have good chemistry on screen and it is a fun film, lots of action and very well done

7/10

Mr and Mrs Smith extended cut

One of my favourite films, it has everything I like in a movie, the attraction between the 2 is obvious for everyone to see, and as Brad and Angelina were having an affair during this, you can tell :lol:

The action is brilliant, the comedy is really funny and very well done, i'm sure married couples will relate to it all, and the whole film is just a classic in its genre for me

9/10
Owen wrote:I must admit that even for you Andy, wanting a paddling pool to see people in bikinis is pretty creepy. :lol:

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:29 pm

I've always had a soft spot for Knight and Day, I though it had quite a nice balance of action, but of sort of self awareness, and borderline parody with some of the comedy.

I remember seeing Mr and Mrs Smith, however I don't remember anything about the film, just that I have seen it.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:51 pm

kaosweaver20 wrote:I've been truly put off Man of Steel now after my friend, a die hard DC Comics and Superman fan, said that it was just 2 and a bit hours of Superman being punched and thrown through walls...over and over again.

It's like Hollywood have no ideas left about how to actually make a good fight... :P

I'd say make up your own mind on the film, as many people love it as don't, but isn't this true of all things :yes:

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:41 pm

Andy Hall wrote: but isn't this true of all things :yes:

Sex for instance......I hate it!
I see the bad moon arising.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Ghost wrote:
Andy Hall wrote: but isn't this true of all things :yes:

Sex for instance......I hate it!

Can't really say I have an opinion on sex either way, my luck with women is pretty much nada anyway

Ghost
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Ghost » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:10 pm

Andy Hall wrote:
Can't really say I have an opinion on sex either way, my luck with women is pretty much nada anyway

Saves you getting a cooties shot.
I see the bad moon arising.

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:11 pm

Ghost wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:

Saves you getting a cooties shot.

euw cooties :lol:

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Andy Hall wrote:
kaosweaver20 wrote:I've been truly put off Man of Steel now after my friend, a die hard DC Comics and Superman fan, said that it was just 2 and a bit hours of Superman being punched and thrown through walls...over and over again.

I'd say make up your own mind on the film, as many people love it as don't, but isn't this true of all things :yes:

I've heard literally NOTHING good about it though. I've spoken to a lot of friends, and none of them had anything complimentary to say about it. :| I normally watch a film before I judge but the Superman outfit alone isn't 'tacky' enough for me. I know that sounds stupid, but part of the charm for me was the underpants on the outfit and the lycra. DAY LYCRA.

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Andy Hall
Denim Demon

Postby Andy Hall » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:45 pm

:|

Men don't wear underpants on the outside unless they're special, and the suite is explained in the film too, it's a cool suite, and 1 of the things about the film that made sense, in the film it doesn't look half as tacky as anything in the Christopher Reeves films :lol: