What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jonoleth
Denim Demon

Postby Jonoleth » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:14 pm

I can't think of a good LOL pun for him though...

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Lick Mars wrote:found out I'm goin on the telly

:D
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:19 pm

jackcake wrote:
Lick Mars wrote:found out I'm goin on the telly

:D

My attention span ran out before I got to that part of the post... what?!

Is it anything to do with Brian Blessed perchance? That'd complete the circle.

And Jono, it's tenuous but something like Brian Bahahahalessed would be just as good as some of the others. (Which are about due for a ressurection...)

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:25 am

:lol: I like the Brian blessed thing. Thanks for the congrats guys!
The tv thing yeah, gonna be in the on this E4 switchover discussion/debate show on after a documentary on saxon. But shh..if i make a tit out myself I dont want anyone knowing or watching it lol.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:40 am

Lick Mars wrote:The tv thing yeah, gonna be in the on this E4 switchover discussion/debate show on after a documentary on saxon. But shh..if i make a tit out myself I dont want anyone knowing or watching it lol.

You do realise I'll be telling anybody who will listen? :P
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:08 pm

I'm sure it'll turn up on YouTube either way, eh? :P

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:09 pm

uh oh :| well, the 2004 Metal hammer awards never turned up on youtube, where there was a lot of footage of me dancing around like a prat lol :eyes: .

oh and today I'm happy cos Get in the ring was fun last night, I got everyone I was with wearing war paint yeaah :D Turisas were obv best, the others weren't anything good, we were ravin it up to deathstars though :lol: the big bunch of goths

Harry
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Harry » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:40 pm

The pound-dollar exchange rate!

I just pre-ordered the new Machine Head album with autographed booklet for under a tenner, including postage! :D

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:50 pm

My wacken ticket and flight has been booked!! WOOOOOOOO

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:38 pm

Hey guys. some of you will remember towards the end of september my mum was diagnosed with skin cancer. having gone through acouple of operations, biopsy's and whatnot, today she was given the all clear. This is a huge weght off my shoulders now, things are starting to look up again.
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:40 pm

Awesome news LUB :yes:
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:08 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:Hey guys. some of you will remember towards the end of september my mum was diagnosed with skin cancer. having gone through acouple of operations, biopsy's and whatnot, today she was given the all clear. This is a huge weght off my shoulders now, things are starting to look up again.

Yeah, that is good news. I know what a weight that can be. I lost my dad to cancer just a month ago after 3 years of waiting for that all clear, and 7 months prior to that my girlfriend's mum died from the same thing! Hence I am always pleased to hear when people do actually get through it, especially seeing as with my family's inferior genetics I am almost guaranteed to go through it at some point :D

Bit of a morbid post for this thread but there you go! I genuinely am pleased for you LUB.

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:36 pm

Xzar wrote:
lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:Hey guys. some of you will remember towards the end of september my mum was diagnosed with skin cancer. having gone through acouple of operations, biopsy's and whatnot, today she was given the all clear. This is a huge weght off my shoulders now, things are starting to look up again.

Yeah, that is good news. I know what a weight that can be. I lost my dad to cancer just a month ago after 3 years of waiting for that all clear, and 7 months prior to that my girlfriend's mum died from the same thing! Hence I am always pleased to hear when people do actually get through it, especially seeing as with my family's inferior genetics I am almost guaranteed to go through it at some point :D

Bit of a morbid post for this thread but there you go! I genuinely am pleased for you LUB.

Aye,lost my mum to cancer 3 years ago next month,and it's always great news when someone fuckin' beats it.Congratulations mate,give your mum a hug from me.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:07 am

That's delightful news Mark. :yes:

Last.fm

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:48 am

jackcake wrote:That's delightful news Mark. :yes:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes