Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Turbo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:49 pm

I struggle with Hitman. I play violent games by running into a situation and kicking severe amounts of bottom, but you will either die or have so little points after each mission, your friends list will laugh at you (yeah has that gay ass such and such mate got: World average).

It is bloody good fun though.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:08 am

I'm working my way through AC revelations and have just got the crossbow. 50% of the time stealth goes out the window and I just fight everyone. Not the janissaries. Fuck that shit, those guys are tough as fuck. I avoid them when possible and run away if they attack me :lol: really just want to get through this and onto AC3, then i,'all finish lost odyssey. Need to pick up dynasty warriors 8 at some point, but its not high up on my list. Got a shit load of games to finish so the next one I buy will probably be GTA

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:52 pm

I might ask for GTA5 for my birthday. I am in a similar position to you there Mike. Definitely got the rest of Assassins Creed 2 to complete, Batman Arkham City, Hitman, side quests of Saints Row 2, and hopefully ill be able to tap the new zombies map on Black Ops 2 for a few achievements in the interim. All that and learning German, so yeah it wouldn't be the end of the world to get GTA5 in December.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Decided not to get a PS3 for now, just gonna suck it up and renew my gold for 3 months so I can get the most out of GTA 5 when it comes out. Then I'll probably get a ps4.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:52 pm

gTA is one I can wait for, so depending on finances, that's £ 40 I ,might be better off keeping for my PS4. I know my wage in January is always pretty high so I can always get GTA then. But as long as I can put money away and get overtime after bloodstock I should be alright for getting it straight away and still have money for the ps4

Cowbacca
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cowbacca » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:48 pm

I was considering a PS4 until I looked at how much the games cost. £55! Brand new PC games cost half that, and games that are 6 months old or more you can find for £5-10 in Steam sales.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Cowbacca wrote:I was considering a PS4 until I looked at how much the games cost. £55! Brand new PC games cost half that, and games that are 6 months old or more you can find for £5-10 in Steam sales.

That's just a default price at the moment. I read somewhere that games will be pretty much the same price as they are now. :yes:

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Yeah, it will likely be RRP which very few games currently sell for. The only one in recent memory is Jonah lomu rugby challenge which was £50 :lol:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:20 pm

I'll be holding off on the PS4 for a while I think. I didn't get a PS3 until a couple of years ago, when playing PS2 was getting more and more difficult as games were becoming harder to come by. I'd imagine I'll be the same with this one, too. My PS3 works fine and there's plenty on it to keep me entertained. Plus I use it more for playing blu-rays and watching Netflix than gaming anyway.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:53 pm

We never really see the RRP on shelves, it's always reduced somewhat. I have seen current gen games sold for £42.99 in some places, so if PS4 games are around that the difference is basically none.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:53 pm

£42.99 is still overpriced, imo. I don't think I've ever spent that much on a game unless it was some sort of limited special edition with a fully working plasma rifle or other such bollocks™.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Depends on the game I would say. Skyrim is a game that is worth that, cod, maybe if you play a lot of multiplayer, games with lots of replay value I don't mind paying more for, I paid about that for Fifa 13 and I still play it once or twice a week. For something like gears of war, I like the single player not the multiplayer, I would not want to pay more than £20

Urinal2001
Consort of the Beast

Postby Urinal2001 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Urgh, i HAVE to stop reading info on GTA-V, its getting to the point now that i cant wait any longer for it, lol.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:47 pm

CrappyMike wrote:Depends on the game I would say. Skyrim is a game worth..

... Nothing
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:14 am

skull-wart wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:Depends on the game I would say. Skyrim is a game worth..

... Nothing

How can a single word be so very wrong? :o

I hope you're taking notes, Mike.

Skyrim was £34.99 on Steam at launch. If it was £42+, I'd probably have waited for the sales.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson