What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:15 am

Same thing as yesterday! For some reason a certain model of printer (of which we have 12 on our network) has decided to automatically pause every thing that is sent to it!. Pissing me off, and nobody on the whole wide internet seems to have any idea why :x

PS: Don't some smart alec say 'unpause printer' or I'll whallop ya!

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:20 am

Control-P-Print! :lol:
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:56 pm

Maybe I should have said smart aleX :lol:

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:44 pm

Reset the printer buffers by switching the printer on and off.
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

angel_of_death
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby angel_of_death » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:31 pm

lars_ulrichs_blister wrote:Reset the printer buffers by switching the printer on and off.

ooo, good idea! Never thought of that :P

Actually we fixed it, by rebooting the server. Thankfully we had to do that anyway to upgrade CMIS. We can't usually reboot it cause of the external connections.
The printer problem just happened to be fixed once it had rebooted!

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:55 pm

I stuck some neodynium magnets near my monitor, which fucked up the colours.

I spent a few minutes wiggling the magnets around the 'stain' to try and get the right colours back, then my girlfriend suggested switching it on and off again... and it worked :rolleyes:

Typical.

Twaddlefish
Denim Demon

Postby Twaddlefish » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:36 pm

Xzar wrote:I stuck some neodynium magnets near my monitor, which fucked up the colours.

I spent a few minutes wiggling the magnets around the 'stain' to try and get the right colours back, then my girlfriend suggested switching it on and off again... and it worked :rolleyes:

Typical.

Older monitors should have the de-gauss button somewhere on it... :P
Littlemissmetal wrote:Women are stupid, as a rule.

Latest review: Ensiferum - Unsung Heroes

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:50 pm

Xzar wrote:Andrew-Lloyd Webbercore'

:lol:

I'm pissed off it took me almost 2 hours to get home from work! Closing off main roads, heaps of traffic, gaaahhh

chazzyf
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby chazzyf » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:05 am

Samildanach wrote:Within Temptation are an illustration of my hatred for Kerrang. A few years back, they reviewed Mother Earth and gave it one K or some other dreadful rating, with comments along the lines of it being folky rubbish with an annoying singer; then, post-Evanescence, they reviewed the same album again and gave it four or five Ks. I seem to remember it was even the same reviewer, though I can't guarantee it.

Kerrang is a joke, and not a good one.

I think I have scans of those reviews somewhere

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:31 am

Twaddlefish wrote:
Xzar wrote:I stuck some neodynium magnets near my monitor, which fucked up the colours.

Typical.

Older monitors should have the de-gauss button somewhere on it... :P

I can't access my monitor functions because of a Dark Tranquility sticker that I slapped over them quite some years ago now :lol:

It's firmly in place. I could sort of guess what all the buttons did... but I don't want to bother. Shame because I used to like degaussing. There was nothing like a good degauss after your monitor had been on for hours, it was like a monitorgasm.

chazzyf
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby chazzyf » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:51 am

I'm sat here in the office (yes working again) eating a turkey and cranberry sandwich and it occurred to me that I had not yet ranted about the state of british sandwich making ... particularly by the 'chain' sandwich shows here in the UK such as 'Pret a Manger' (in particular) and less so, places such as 'Eat'.

When composing a sandwich I have always considered that the order in which the components are added is critical to the taste and enjoyment derived from eating the thing. No so for places such as 'Pret' and 'Eat' where I increasingly find

a) a huge layer of 'rocket' or some other such 'fashionable' vegetable leaf material added to 'bulk' up the volume of said sandwich without adding to the taste (usually detracting from it in fact)

b) substances such as cranberry, mustard, mayonaise etc separated from the foodstuff that they are intended to enhance by ... you guessed it ... 'rocket'

As a result I find that, having spent something like 6 quid or more on Sandwwich + capucchino + something else for my lunch from one of these sandwich places during the 15 minutes I get for lunch these days I return to my desk and find that I have to

a) dis-assemble said expensive 'hand-made freshly in the store this morning' sandwich
and
b) re-assemble it so that it is edible (usually discarding half of the rocket in the process).

WTF!

Rocket should not be separating cranberry from turkey! The layers should be bread, (preferably butter, though this is usually discarded for spurious reasons of 'healthy living'), cranberry, then turkey, then optional salad filling, then bread again.

Am I alone on this? Please tell me I'm not!

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:52 pm

chazzyf wrote:I'm sat here in the office (yes working again) eating a turkey and cranberry sandwich and it occurred to me that I had not yet ranted about the state of british sandwich making ... particularly by the 'chain' sandwich shows here in the UK such as 'Pret a Manger' (in particular) and less so, places such as 'Eat'.

I try and avoid them if I can.There's a sandwich shop in Nottingham called Feedback that I go in if I'm there on a weekday,they make the thing up in front of you,using exactly what ingredients you want,on whatever bread/roll/bap you want.
Having said that,I walked up town to the bookies this morning and had a hot beef cob with bacon on the top.Lovely.(for those of you ignorant of the Notts vernacular,a cob is a bread roll,a bap or a barmcake for our northern friends)
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:56 pm

Speaking of snadwiches I was in High Wycombe earlier and they have the best baguette place ever so since I hardly go into the town anymore, and I had just had a pint on an empty stomach thought 'mmmm lets get a baguette', I went to get one and the place was closed!! Do people stop eating at 4??? meh.

Also I bought an eyeliner for £2.99 which I put in my bag, and now I came home, emptied my bag and its gone :cry:

oh and I'm trying to buy a new top, I was gonna go into London but the tube station was closed and by the time I would have gotten to the next nearest it would have been getting late, so I went to wycombe and they had fuck all so I'll have to go into london tomorrow or just give up.

Everywheres shit for shopping down here, I want Leeds, even manchester would do :(

Xzar
Denim Demon

Postby Xzar » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:15 pm

Tuna Crunch from Greggs or Tuna Salad from the affiliated Baker's Oven are always good. Cheap too.

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:41 am

woke up with some sort of fluy symptoms today, seemed to clear up round lunch time, so i went out for a mates 50th on paddys day and now i feel like crap.
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson