The (Un) Official Football thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: The (Un) Official Football thread

Postby Turbo » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Dire fucking straits here.

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:42 pm

So Yeovil lsot again. I think League One is rapidly approaching. I love my team, but if we don't get a result against QPR on Saturday (already unlikely) then I think we need to start planning for bouncing back in League One next season.

Yes, it's early days, but we're looking dire. :lol:

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:09 pm

kaosweaver20 wrote:So Yeovil lsot again. I think League One is rapidly approaching. I love my team, but if we don't get a result against QPR on Saturday (already unlikely) then I think we need to start planning for bouncing back in League One next season.

Better get used to losing against Birmingham City because the only points we seem to be getting at the moment is from you guys. We'll be going to League one at this rate too.

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Turbo wrote:
kaosweaver20 wrote:So Yeovil lsot again. I think League One is rapidly approaching. I love my team, but if we don't get a result against QPR on Saturday (already unlikely) then I think we need to start planning for bouncing back in League One next season.

Better get used to losing against Birmingham City because the only points we seem to be getting at the moment is from you guys. We'll be going to League one at this rate too.

Difference is, you guys are a 'big team' so will likely get a few more decisions go your way, unlike 'Little Old Yeovil'. Also you have experience in this league and we have basically none. Sucks to be us...so, so much. :o

Come with me and you will see, our future in debris. First the sun and now the stars are fading

GetToTheChoppar
Denim Demon

Postby GetToTheChoppar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Coutinho out for 6 weeks. :(
Turbo wrote:Move on, fuck her off. Smoke crack and worship satan.

Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bearstock » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:18 pm

gandalf the red wrote:I also notice that they don't have the local football show on the Monday night anymore either.

I miss that show. Yeovil were always the main feature, especially when the other South West clubs started being rubbish. :lol: Whereas on the league show we're still small fries.

Late Kick Off you mean?

It starts usually around January/Febuary time.

Not sure why it's not on for the duration of the season but yeah much better show

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

kaosweaver20 wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Difference is, you guys are a 'big team' so will likely get a few more decisions go your way, unlike 'Little Old Yeovil'. Also you have experience in this league and we have basically none. Sucks to be us...so, so much. :o

There is nothing going our way, our way is down. :lol:

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:19 pm

The same can be said for us, sadly. Oh woe is us. :lol:

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Came back from 2-0 to claw our way to a point, utterly baffled though as to why the player who was having a completely shocking match took the penalty, me and everyone else around were all saying beforehand it was a stupid decision and surprise surprise he failed to score it :rolleyes:

Generally happy though, still got a good chance of going up if we stick at it well.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:40 pm

Jurgen Klopp ain't happy

Buggrit Hall
Consort of the Beast

Postby Buggrit Hall » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:56 pm

Beardy wrote:
Darkweasel wrote:Good first half, shame about the second.
Ran out of ideas and ran out of legs.

And Aspas came on.

I don't think it's a coincidence just how close his name is to "a spazz", absolute donkey of a player!

Still, 10 points out of 12 is fantastic, Moses looked good and we get the Dwayne Dibbley toothed, goalscoring cunt back next week :B
Genuinely the happiest I've been about LFC in a long time. Early days yet but I think we've got a good shot of scraping back into the top 4 this season.

Well bugger me rigid -a Liverpool fan being realistic shocker. I thought all of you lot automatically expected the title after a win? Kudos to you Beardy!!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 am

gandalf the red wrote:I not heard anyone say that Liverpool are going to win the League? :?

I've heard plenty say that Everton are going down though, and most of them are Blues. :lol:

I've heard plenty claim that Liverpool are going to win this year after their good start to the season. Personally I'm not convinced, but they look like they're on for a solid top 4 finish at least. Everton are currently favourites for best of the rest (7th place in the league) with the bookies and I'd be very surprised to see them go down.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Tet wrote:
gandalf the red wrote:I not heard anyone say that Liverpool are going to win the League? :?

I've heard plenty say that Everton are going down though, and most of them are Blues. :lol:

I've heard plenty claim that Liverpool are going to win this year after their good start to the season. Personally I'm not convinced, but they look like they're on for a solid top 4 finish at least. Everton are currently favourites for best of the rest (7th place in the league) with the bookies and I'd be very surprised to see them go down.

I've heard a few people tipping us to win this year too - not one of them has been a Liverpool fan though. I think most of us would be happy with 4th place, getting back into the CL money market and having a solid foundation to build from.

Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bearstock » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Liverpool won't win the league.

Gonna be a good few years for them though and whilst they will probably just miss out on 4th place it will be close.

Top 6 seems a lock just not the order between Chelsea, Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool.

kaosweaver20
Consort of the Beast

Postby kaosweaver20 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:14 pm

I think it'll be Man City, Chelsea, Man United and possible Liverpool for the top four. Arsenal may still break into that group, but they'll go toe to toe with 'pool for it. I think Tottenham will be a force to be reckoned with in the future but this season will involve the team getting settled with all the new players. It's a transitional period.

And no way will Everton go down. A slight dip in form, maybe, again due to the new style and management system, but there's too much quality there to go down. ;)