Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
thehairyone
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby thehairyone » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:42 pm

siliconfury wrote:Virgin Media has, for some reason, stopped loading imgur.com.

It has decided to stop me posting images on here. This is probably a good thing.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:24 am

A scheduling fuck up means i dont really know my shifts for today. I was doing 2, one is half 11 til half 3, one is supposed to be 6 til 10, then on holiday monday and tuesday. The schedules in the back say on holiday today and tomorrow, the schedules at checkouts say working all 3 days, and my holiday form says on holiday monday and tuesday. I'd take tonight off cause i only need tomorrow and not tuesday, but it would be nice to know, and its pretty poor considering i could have showed up at 6 and been sent home if i wasnt on this overtime shift as well.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:32 pm

The blueberries I bought today are crap.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:04 am

I think my stomach is trying to eat itself. This only appears to be happening after having dairy products. This does not please me.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:57 am

Welcome to the club! http://www.lactofree.co.uk - this stuff should help. The milk is about 3x more expensive but is actually milk as opposed to the other alternatives. Avoid the cheese.

You could also try hunting down Lactase pills, which makes dairy more digestable.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:56 am

thehairyone wrote:You could also try hunting down Lactase pills, which makes dairy more digestable.

I got mine from FromFinland.fi - brand called Lactrase. Bit pricey (the shipping is, anyway) but worth it, and they actually say you can open the capsule up and sprinkle the contents onto your food - most brands you get over here advise against it.

http://fromfinland.fi/fi/lactrase-kapseli.html
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:31 am

They only had medium sliced bread left in the shops, not thick. :(
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Need to look at my bank balance but just the thought of it is making me feel sick. :sniff:

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Hadn't eaten at all today until 7pm when I decided to stuff down a whole plate of curry. My stomach aint cool with this shit.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm so bad for doing that. I tend to go till about 5 or 6pm without eating then my stomach goes FOR FUCKS SAKE I'M SO HUNGRY FEED ME! And then I eat everything and anything.

Really need to work on that..

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:46 pm

Meant to be playing a Halloween gig on Saturday, fancy dress is compulsory. Not a problem, I thought, I'll dig out my patch jacket and old wrestling tights, try to do an 80s glam thing. Use stuff I already have as I'm not spending money on off-the-shelf costumes because I don't 'get' imported US traditions.

That's now been shat on by the main bloke. It's 'got' to be a Halloween theme, so I'm stuck.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:43 am

Just get some cotton wool and drape it over your head or something.

My Trivial Grumbling: First actually pool league match tonight. Everyone won, except me and my Dad. Then we lost our doubles match. To be fair, they broke off and then cleared up. Never got a single shot between us.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:00 am

Noodle wrote:Just get some cotton wool and drape it over your head or something.

I don't understand.

Anyway, I've threatened to do this:

Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:38 am

Just wear what you were gonna wear and put on zombie makeup. Simple.
You can do that with any costume and its a insta-halloween

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:36 am

jackcake wrote:
Noodle wrote:Just get some cotton wool and drape it over your head or something.

I don't understand.

Cobwebs, innit. Implies you're goffick and have spiders in your hair. Spiders and goths are scary.

I don't know about this thing. We were always celebrating my sister's birthday instead.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.