Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby peypea » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:41 am

Internet in this hotel is painfully slow, body is not enjoying new meds, and the Grand Canyon is bloody cold in the evening. Damn desert.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:00 am

I didn't end up handing my CV out on Saturday because the printer at my girlfriends folks house isn't great so I have it from her work instead. Going to get copies in about 40 mins. Still feeling largely apathetic about the whole thing. I do want a job, can't begin to tell you how much I dislike staying at home all the time, but hating doing the leg work to getting it, which includes dressing up reasonably smart only for a potential job in fucking McDonalds.

I am going to hand my CV in at the brewery because that is one place on my list I would fucking love to work in.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:11 am

Turbo wrote:I didn't end up handing my CV out on Saturday because the printer at my girlfriends folks house isn't great so I have it from her work instead. Going to get copies in about 40 mins. Still feeling largely apathetic about the whole thing. I do want a job, can't begin to tell you how much I dislike staying at home all the time, but hating doing the leg work to getting it, which includes dressing up reasonably smart only for a potential job in fucking McDonalds.

I am going to hand my CV in at the brewery because that is one place on my list I would fucking love to work in.

If you get a job there, please organise a piss up in it.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:13 am

Noodle wrote:
Turbo wrote:I didn't end up handing my CV out on Saturday because the printer at my girlfriends folks house isn't great so I have it from her work instead. Going to get copies in about 40 mins. Still feeling largely apathetic about the whole thing. I do want a job, can't begin to tell you how much I dislike staying at home all the time, but hating doing the leg work to getting it, which includes dressing up reasonably smart only for a potential job in fucking McDonalds.

If you get a job there, please organise a piss up in it.

Goes without saying. ;)

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Still having to listen to my neighbours tv and screaming nearly 24/7. Still being kept awake by it. Now it's half term, don't really hear the kids unless they cry but always hearing her scream at them. Can't wait for their eviction. S.21 notice runs out sometime this month then it's a waiting game for the rest of the process.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Doing an Iron Maiden tribute with some mates, my only issue is that Phantom of the Opera's opening lines are an utter baw-wank to sing.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 pm

jackcake wrote:Meant to be playing a Halloween gig on Saturday, fancy dress is compulsory. Not a problem, I thought, I'll dig out my patch jacket and old wrestling tights, try to do an 80s glam thing. Use stuff I already have as I'm not spending money on off-the-shelf costumes because I don't 'get' imported US traditions.

That's now been shat on by the main bloke. It's 'got' to be a Halloween theme, so I'm stuck.

I'm playing a Helloween gig and we've decided to go with proper shit costumes instead. I'm going as spingebab as is traditional.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:54 pm

I have no idea where all these farts are coming from, but my fuck, are they coming.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:12 pm

I think I've probably got myself into a Facebook passive-aggressive bitching session with the new housemate. She is generally lovely but I knew living with your average studenty student would be difficult. Working full-time hours, studying and being one of the two people who take care of all the cleaning/buying stuff for the house despite having no bloody time or money; getting a message from someone who has about 5 hours in uni a week and a thriving social life asking us to start something she wants doing if we 'have any time today' while she's off out somewhere made my blood boil somewhat.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:35 am

Forgot to put my glasses on this morning. Can't see shit.

Also my wisdom tooth is pretty much fully out, but the flappy skin bit is still there and I keep waking up having bitten it in my sleep and it's so sore.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Athaern
Powermetal Child

Postby Athaern » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:31 am

My son woke me up at 4 this morning for no other reason than wanting to watch cbeebies. When I explained to my darling 4 year old that beebies does not start for another 2 hours, I get the inevitable 'Why?' I really hate that question v.v furthermore, I have no fecking coffee.
Bloodstock '12 & '13
Abigail Williams for '14

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:12 am

Ahahaha, naww.

Athaern
Powermetal Child

Postby Athaern » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:19 am

It's okay, I have coffee now and he has beebies, I am okay until school time xD
Bloodstock '12 & '13
Abigail Williams for '14

Humperdink
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Humperdink » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Forgot that if you don't watch Bake Off on the actual day, that you must seal yourself in an opaque bubble until such time as you can watch it :(

Was doing so well until I bloody glanced at a newspaper on a cafe table, and caught up on here
Yes. I probably love Opeth more than you do.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Good job you don't work in my office. My co worker loves it (as does most of the hospital). She'd talked about it with 6 different people at 6 seperate occasions by 10am this morning.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014