Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jackcake
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby jackcake » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Another moan about Saturday's gig. We're doing Enter Sandman. I have even less enthusiasm for playing Metallica than I do Afternoon De-fucking-light. At least with the latter I'm just about able to feign interest.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:53 pm

Turbo wrote:
Noodle wrote:
Turbo wrote:I didn't end up handing my CV out on Saturday because the printer at my girlfriends folks house isn't great so I have it from her work instead. Going to get copies in about 40 mins. Still feeling largely apathetic about the whole thing. I do want a job, can't begin to tell you how much I dislike staying at home all the time, but hating doing the leg work to getting it, which includes dressing up reasonably smart only for a potential job in fucking McDonalds.

I am going to hand my CV in at the brewery because that is one place on my list I would fucking love to work in.

If you get a job there, please organise a piss up in it.

Goes without saying. ;)

Find something they have a problem with, solve it, boom, job.

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:32 pm

My sister getting moaned at by the doctors at work as not everyone who wants a flu jab has had one. However, with a team of 5, one is of sick due to cancer and my sister is the only one trained in giving the flu jabs. This week she's done 218 on top of all the other every day district nursing she does. She's getting upset and feeling really stressed with it.

However, just heard she had a meeting with the big boss after breaking down at work yesterday, who upon realising she was the only one who bothered with the training the big boss thinks what she's managed to get done is amazing. After tomorrow she's off work for 2 weeks so basically, as no one else has bothered turning up for the training, no one can get their flu jabs done.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:49 am

But... When I had mine done the nurse just put the needle in my arm. No special protocol or anything. How hard can it be to train someone to do that? And how can someone not be bothered to do the training for it? I don't get it.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:49 pm

There's a lot more to the training than meets the eye though. My brother had to go through heaps of it just to hand out pain killers or the patients' daily medicines.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:57 pm

fluffymoo wrote:There's a lot more to the training than meets the eye though. My brother had to go through heaps of it just to hand out pain killers or the patients' daily medicines.

Two words make it quite tedious to become trained in dispensing any kind of medication:

1) Allergies
2) Litigation

Basically, you have to be aware of all the contraindications and allergic reactions the drug you're dispensing may cause, and how to identify the medical history of the patient to make sure they won't have an allergic reaction, because if they end up in hospital you can get done for it if you weren't fully trained.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:59 pm

Yeah, I think you need to be properly trained in being able to give advice relating to the jab, and what to do in case of a reaction to the vaccine. Stuff that's not in Nursing 101, but is specific to the flu jab.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Royal Mail said my socks would be here today and they aren't.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Energy drink on the last train home. Fucking buzzing...shit
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:21 am

The shit I just had started well (thought I was going to have a one wipe wonder) but ended as a sludgy explosion.

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:06 pm

My friend's whatever-the-hell-he-is has started coming round in the early hours, coming into my room and trying to get me to go and 'chill' with them. I was perfectly 'chilled' asleep in bed and I really don't want a threesome.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:46 pm

Got my best ever score on one of the brain training games I do...but for some reason my brain performance index for that game went DOWN as a result. Second time this week that's happened.

All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:07 pm

It might seem a bit silly, but I really miss hearing and speaking Swedish.

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Rushed into hospital this morning in lots of pain with suspected viral meningitis. Turns out it was just a nasty ear infection coupled with stupidly high blood pressure.
Not the best way to spend a Sunday.

Still, on the bright side. Morphine. :yes:

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:59 pm

fluffymoo wrote:It might seem a bit silly, but I really miss hearing and speaking Swedish.

I can imagine. Worse if you're monolingual and just hear a foreign language as a collection of distinct sounding noises.