Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Turns out we're not gonna have that bundle I was after for a while. So I'll just settle for the standard Killzone bundle. Torn between getting AC4 or Bf4 though. Hmmm.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm getting Killzone, Bf4 and fifa. Then i'll trade GTA 5 and fifa on 360 for PSN+, was thinking of keeping GTA5, it might look good, but I really have no love for it compared to the previous ones

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:03 pm

miss-mushroom wrote:
Bisset wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:Doom is always fun. I still play it once in a while actually, can't beat it.

Fucking Spider Daemons are bastards!

True, but the worst offenders are these guys:

Doom is the shit, have you played the mod brutal doom? It's normal doom but with extreme violence involved. Also the coolest enemies were the revenants.

I grew up on Doom 2 and Mortal Kombat!
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:49 pm

Don't mind me, just setting up my PS4.

miss-mushroom
Definitely Not Nu

Postby miss-mushroom » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:28 pm

skull-wart wrote:
Doom is the shit, have you played the mod brutal doom? It's normal doom but with extreme violence involved. Also the coolest enemies were the revenants.

I grew up on Doom 2 and Mortal Kombat!

That's a well cool pic. Revenants used to scare me when I was a kid haha. I think it's the screech they make when alerted. Oh and those fucking homing rockets arghhh.
I've heard about Brutal Doom but haven't actually tried it, but I will if you so recommend.

Yeah Doom was the game of my childhood pretty much! First game I got into as a kid.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:48 am

Youtube PS4 arrived today! :D

Resogun is ridiculously fun.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:49 am

I've played resogun the most somfar :lol: had a go on the games I bought, all fun but nothing groundbreaking. DC universe is fun and warframe is pretty good. One small feature I like is being able to play the game volume though you headset, instead of needing one designed for it you can play both voice and game volume through the headset in the box, and it works surprisingly well. The headset for lack of a better word is much better than it looks, though uncomfortable after a while. I have a better gaming headset but a tendency to talk too loud with it on so being able to have everything come through the smaller one is handy at night.

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:06 am

A friendly bloke Bloke brought my PS4 round yesterday morning (Wasn't supposed to be getting one 'till next year) and it can stay in the box until either I get bored with my PS3 or until a half decent game comes out for PS4 :lol:
You should try being dead...

miss-mushroom
Definitely Not Nu

Postby miss-mushroom » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:12 am

Bio-Zombi wrote:A friendly bloke Bloke brought my PS4 round yesterday morning (Wasn't supposed to be getting one 'till next year) and it can stay in the box until either I get bored with my PS3 or until a half decent game comes out for PS4 :lol:

I'm thinking the same thing about upgrading from the PS2 I still have. :P

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:33 am

Battlefield 4 runs insanely smooth on a 64 man server its amazing and Live From Playstation has to be the best thing i've seen in ages (I know it's been done on pc for yonks, but still)

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:08 pm

CrappyMike wrote:I've played resogun the most somfar :lol: had a go on the games I bought, all fun but nothing groundbreaking. DC universe is fun and warframe is pretty good. One small feature I like is being able to play the game volume though you headset, instead of needing one designed for it you can play both voice and game volume through the headset in the box, and it works surprisingly well. The headset for lack of a better word is much better than it looks, though uncomfortable after a while. I have a better gaming headset but a tendency to talk too loud with it on so being able to have everything come through the smaller one is handy at night.

Heh, same. We played a bit of Killzone Shadow Fall, but since we're covering it for the channel didn't play too much of it. The graphics for that game are certainly impressive, and I was honestly a little bit awed by the draw distance.

Still, it seems pretty but standard linear FPS fare, where as Resogun is just pure, unadulterated fun.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Pretty sure I'll end up on the Xbox One when I get around to next gen, mainly because I generally prefer the exclusives that Microsoft get when they come around, and I can't stand the Playstation pads whereas the Xbox ones have always been more comfortable to use, even on the original when they were twice the size of my hands.

Spent this week playing Halo 1-4, having just bought 4, and I have to say Halo 4 is one of the best games I've played in a long time. I'm not usually too fussed about Halo but this raised the bar for me. It's been a long time since I blasted through a game in one sitting.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

JrHunter
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby JrHunter » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Ashes Cricket 2013 was so bad that it's been cancelled and recalled after release. There has been some pretty fucking horrific games over the years but I've never heard of one so bad it's been recalled :lol:

De Stijl
Leather Rebel

Postby De Stijl » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:04 pm

miss-mushroom wrote:
Bio-Zombi wrote:A friendly bloke Bloke brought my PS4 round yesterday morning (Wasn't supposed to be getting one 'till next year) and it can stay in the box until either I get bored with my PS3 or until a half decent game comes out for PS4 :lol:

I'm thinking the same thing about upgrading from the PS2 I still have. :P

PS2 was ace.

Mostly because it could play FF7 and 9.

JrHunter wrote:Ashes Cricket 2013 was so bad that it's been cancelled and recalled after release. There has been some pretty fucking horrific games over the years but I've never heard of one so bad it's been recalled :lol:

Unfortunately (for them), Ashes Cricket will never have the fanbase willing to buy the exact same terrible game every time like FIFA and NFL/Madden have.
RYM LastFM FaceBook

Delightful-Jim wrote:Feelings are for queers.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:23 am

The dualshock 4 is a huge improvement of the ps3 controller, really like it actually. Battlefield 4 is also an improvement over 3. Also I am not shit at this and I was shit at 3 :lol: