What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:38 pm

Agreed. It was completely different to a metal gig but not really comparable, I still love metal gigs.

Metal_head85
Warrior of Metal

Postby Metal_head85 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:18 pm

I'm just generally happy for some reason. Happiest I've been for rather a long time. Just content with how things are going at the moment. I'm looking forward to seeing what this new year has in store. :)

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:54 pm

Metal_head85 wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing what this new year has in store. :)

ProTip: You will get more enjoyment by making decisions to do good or otherwise consciously set out to make meaningful decisions this year. 'Seeing what happens' is extremely passive, and if nothing really exciting happens you end up feeling worse for not doing anything.

Have a goal for this year and find out what you need to do to get there and set about doing it.

Last year for me it was buying a house, this year it's clearing my debts (except the mortgage ofcourselol). Your goals might not be things that huge, might even just be 'get moderately good at a new musical instrument', or 'aim to see 15 bands or something over the year', or if you're getting ambitious set about getting more professional certification of some sort.

EDIT: It's otherwise great to have a positive attitude to begin with though, adds to motivation to do the above.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:13 pm

Does aiming not to snap and kill someone count?
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:20 am

mikeftw wrote:
euantehclansman wrote:Trailer Park Boys has bame me haddy! :D

I can't stop watching it, know what i'm saying

Yo you're saying knowmsayin too many times dawg! :lol:

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Green Man
Consort of the Beast

Postby Green Man » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:34 am

Jobdone wrote:Image

Now you know what it's like, Dog! :lol:

Metal_head85
Warrior of Metal

Postby Metal_head85 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:54 pm

siliconfury wrote:
ProTip: You will get more enjoyment by making decisions to do good or otherwise consciously set out to make meaningful decisions this year. 'Seeing what happens' is extremely passive, and if nothing really exciting happens you end up feeling worse for not doing anything.

Have a goal for this year and find out what you need to do to get there and set about doing it.

Last year for me it was buying a house, this year it's clearing my debts (except the mortgage ofcourselol). Your goals might not be things that huge, might even just be 'get moderately good at a new musical instrument', or 'aim to see 15 bands or something over the year', or if you're getting ambitious set about getting more professional certification of some sort.

EDIT: It's otherwise great to have a positive attitude to begin with though, adds to motivation to do the above.

Well my New Year's resolution is to attend the gym. Not just go a few times and not go again. Also, I'm doing guitar lessons again so hopefully that will progress well in the year, provided I can get the practise in.

I would love to learn something new that I can use to get myself a better job but I have no idea what. I have some skill in IT but I was thinking about being a Web Developer some time back and someone I knew from school who is in that line of work went over the stuff you need to know for that role and it was so much, it put me off.

As I said, it would be great to learn something completely new but it's difficult to know what because I don't have many hobbies. Not much interests me at all.

Ah well, possibly stick to the 2 goals this year and think in the back of my mind what I'd like to learn and what I think I'd be good at. :)

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:50 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:I love the Gryphon. It has lots of character and nice drinks

Great times there on NYE. Just kept chucking back the drinks and let the good times roll. Was hungover but not as much as I expected.

Also I have sweet sweet internets back. Just as well because I think most people are having a quiet one this weekend.

Purple n Batty
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Purple n Batty » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:26 am

After being away most of the last 1 1/2 weeks, waking up in my own bed in my own time with all 3 cats snuggled one side of me and Will the other side.
I don't suffer from insanity, I'm quite happy with it

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:44 am

As much as work is going pretty well at the minute, I'm happy to only have 1 more shift before 8 days off, only to go back in for just 3 hours and get another 3 days off :D means I'm not really back properly until the 18th, a 3 hour shift doesn't really count.

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:28 am

Went to a mates last night and despite staying up till 3.30am drinking gin and having a good time I still managed to drag myself out of bed at 7 this morning to go swimming
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Had a lovely week in Sweden for the New Year. Lots of delicious food and excellent people to be around, and many games of the Firefly boardgame.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Ndnd wrote:Went to a mates last night and despite staying up till 3.30am drinking gin and having a good time I still managed to drag myself out of bed at 7 this morning to go swimming

That is some serious will power! I can't get myself up at 7 at the best of times.

WMMHT: Got given the evening off as I have a cold-flu thing and work was dead. Gonna tidy my room then spend forever in bed.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:20 am

Ndnd wrote:Went to a mates last night and despite staying up till 3.30am drinking gin and having a good time I still managed to drag myself out of bed at 7 this morning to go swimming

HOW?

I'm happy cos I had an amazing time in Europe and I came back alive (just) with a bunch of absolutely hilarious stories to tell :D

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:37 am

Nantha wrote:

HOW?

I'm happy cos I had an amazing time in Europe and I came back alive (just) with a bunch of absolutely hilarious stories to tell :D

This. And finally being back in my own bed :lol: