The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Jobdone » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:43 pm

Hm... wonder how long it'll be before a Hola Unblocker type thing gets set up so I can watch it even without being in america.

Could take forever to get it over here with licenses and copyrights and shit.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Hopefully a loophole like that can be found quickly enough. I'll be signing up no question. I imagine content from the video library will have to be added steadily. After all, we're talking WWE, WWF, WWWF, WCW, ECW, AWA, Jim Crockett Promotions/NWA: Mid-Atlantic, Georgia Championship Wrestling, Championship Wrestling From Florida, (I think) Smoky Mountain Wrestling, Stampede, UPW, GWF, WCCW and Maple Leaf Wrestling- TV, PPVs and recorded house shows. Some of that footage is over 50 years old as well so I imagine it will require some restoration. But to me the option to stick on a hard to find match like Nick Bockwinkel vs Curt Hennig 60 min. iron man match on a whim is priceless. I almost kind of hope that AJPW goes bankrupt soon so WWE can add that to the library too.

Best of all is the rumour I've heard that Chris Benoit matches will be available, with a warning screen.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Haha, you guys are seriously going to pay a tenner a month for old PPVs? Jesus. You can find them anywhere for free! Those gits have had enough of my money for sub-standard PPVs. Now, if the 9.99 got you the monthly PPV in addition, we'd be talking.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:50 pm

You can maybe find about half of WWE PPVs on places like youtube, but things like old episodes of ECW TV not so much. And that's before you get into the rarer regional promotion stuff that only got broadcasted on syndicated TV, and the stuff that has never been shown. Sure there's torrents for everything but for the convenience it is well worth it. High quality streaming beats the hell out of having to go through the process of finding and downloading things.

Plus, I imagine WWE will severely crackdown on copyright infringement on places like youtube after this. Til now allowing some WWE content on to pass on there has made sense, it's a good way of new followers finding out about the product. For getting absolutely everything at the click of a button 10 bucks a month is a pretty fair price.
Upcoming Gigs

Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bearstock » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer wrote:You can maybe find about half of WWE PPVs on places like youtube, but things like old episodes of ECW TV not so much. And that's before you get into the rarer regional promotion stuff that only got broadcasted on syndicated TV, and the stuff that has never been shown. Sure there's torrents for everything but for the convenience it is well worth it. High quality streaming beats the hell out of having to go through the process of finding and downloading things.

Plus, I imagine WWE will severely crackdown on copyright infringement on places like youtube after this. Til now allowing some WWE content on to pass on there has made sense, it's a good way of new followers finding out about the product. For getting absolutely everything at the click of a button 10 bucks a month is a pretty fair price.

THIS!

Unquestionably this sounds like a great deal, almost too good to be true in a way.

All PPVs shown live and immediately on demand after.

Raw and Smackdown repeated.

NXT.

Content constantly added to the on demand library.

Chris Benoit will be included.

If you're anything like me and you buy DVDs galore then for about a tenner a month to watch all current conent and archive footage not only from WWE but WCW, ECW and back when it was WWF as well with the likelihood of rare footage from smaller promotions is well well worth the price.

Due here late this year/early next year.

Also available on PS3/4 and X Box 1

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:00 pm

herzeleid wrote:Haha, you guys are seriously going to pay a tenner a month for old PPVs? Jesus. You can find them anywhere for free! Those gits have had enough of my money for sub-standard PPVs. Now, if the 9.99 got you the monthly PPV in addition, we'd be talking.

You get all the current monthly ppvs starting with WM30

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:34 pm

Wrestlemania, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble and Summerslam being included is the biggest surprise for me as those were originally supposed to be left out. We should enjoy this while we can before they stick the price up!

Also, AJ Styles is booked for a further 14 ROH events. That plus a Japanese tour will see him through til the end of the Summer. There might not even be a TNA for him to return to by that stage.
Upcoming Gigs

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:49 pm

CrappyMike wrote:
herzeleid wrote:Haha, you guys are seriously going to pay a tenner a month for old PPVs? Jesus. You can find them anywhere for free! Those gits have had enough of my money for sub-standard PPVs. Now, if the 9.99 got you the monthly PPV in addition, we'd be talking.

You get all the current monthly ppvs starting with WM30

In that case I take back what I said and would happily pay for it. Maybe it could be 7.99 for us though, what with the strong Pound...

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:18 am

It looks brilliant so hopefully they can sort it out here soon enough, even if just on wwe.com and apps for consoles. I'd happily pay for it.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Right now which promotion I think is top changes on a nearly weekly basis between ROH, WWE and NJPW. I'm excited about Chris Hero and AJ Styles' matches in ROH sure, but I think NJPW may have just matched that dream match potential. Fucking KENTA is going to New Japan!

Upcoming Gigs

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:53 pm

It's worth the price alone for PPVs when you think Sky Box office charges £15 for them and about £18 for HD, then you get Raw, Smackdown ect with less to no commercials (something that seriously pisses me off on tv when there's a break every 5 mins) and as wrestling a the only thing I watch on sky sports that could be cancelled. Then you get NXT more or less live instead of weeks later. Then they'll be the old PPVs including wcw, ECW & more as well as the great documentary sand new programming they'll probably have wwe films on there aswell. I'll be getting it.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:42 pm

I just wish we could have it now :lol:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:13 pm

I'm not sure if this Wyatt thing will lead into a bigger storyline, or it was just to test how much of a babyface Bryan was.

That slow "YES. YES. YES" in the cage with the whole crowd was genuinely electrifying.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... B2gg#t=170

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:44 pm

So people can say anything the want about Batista, but I'm really looking forward to him coming back. Reports are he's back long term and full time, so I'm excited to see what he'll be doing.

tmcgoay
Consort of the Beast

Postby tmcgoay » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:32 am

just watched the TNA Magnus AJ Styles match, we knew where they were gonna go with that but i think it was quite entertaining and has given the opportunity for a couple more fueds if they play it right and get a couple of months worth of story lines from it
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19, '21
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19, '21
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/