What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby tranmerefan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:09 pm

I was diagnosed with Tonsilitus on Wednesday. Not entirely sure I'm feeling any better. :(

Antibiotics run out in 2 days. Im guessing if I still feel the same Ive got to go back to my GP.

Worried about work, I'm in the process of moving departments with someone known not be sympathetic or anything but I genuinely cannot go in feeling like I do. Can't eat, hurts to swallow and I can't sleep longer than 15 mins at anyone time before I wake up with a really dry mouth - which isn't helped my blocked nose.

Anyone who says anything when I go back I'm just going to politely remind them I have crohns (which results in a much weaker immune system) and I'm on Infliximab (been known to remove your immune system altogether).
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:18 pm

it sucks for the tonsilitus, had it a couple of times myself and it's fucking miserable.

give the anti biotics a bit more time though. they generally take a couple of days or more to actually get in your system properly.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:33 pm

See people who tell you they want something done by Monday at 16:30?

Yeah they're the devil
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Monstrous farts.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:38 pm

Just got stopped by the police as I have a headlight out. They said I can't drive in the dark until it's fixed so that's scuppered my plans for tonight because I know they'll be lurking round the village :( They also breathalised me and despite having 2 beers at work I passed?! Schwing. Almost shat myself.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:57 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:Just got stopped by the police as I have a headlight out. They said I can't drive in the dark until it's fixed so that's scuppered my plans for tonight because I know they'll be lurking round the village :( They also breathalised me and despite having 2 beers at work I passed?! Schwing. Almost shat myself.

Driving at night with one headlight while being over the limit? That's pretty retarded.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:14 am

Well I wasn't over the limit? I also didn't know I had a headlight out until they told me.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 am

metalsam wrote:Driving at night with one headlight while being over the limit? That's pretty retarded.

This. Sorry Annabel. It's pure luck you were under the limit. I suppose they've given you a PG9 for the headlight?
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:07 am

TheLotusEater193 wrote:Well I wasn't over the limit? I also didn't know I had a headlight out until they told me.

Your post reads like you thought you might be until you were told you weren't..

I dunno, if I'd drunk enough to make me think I might be over the limit, I wouldn't jump behind the wheel of a car. That seems pretty irresponsible to me.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:10 am

Well 2 beers was risky, yeah. I was freaking out to be honest when they breathalised me, but if I thought it was so risky I wouldn't have driven home in the first instance. It's definitely irresponsible but there was no harm done so ya know.

And what's a PG9? They didn't give me anything.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:00 am

TheLotusEater193 wrote:It's definitely irresponsible but there was no harm done so ya know.

That is so not the point!

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:56 am

Why?! Like I said I wasn't over the limit, and I had no idea my headlight was out - no one had been flashing me or anything. The only thing I'm guilty of is stepping into the car and perhaps being lazy about checking my lights. I think most people are guilty of that.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:04 am

TheLotusEater193 wrote:I think most people are guilty of that.

The fact that lots of people do it doesn't make it excusable. But you know it was a genuinely stupid thing to do, so hopefully you won't do it again. It could have ended badly, being under the limit doesn't mean you're perfectly able to drive - any amount of alcohol means you're not as alert as you should be. I'm glad that your night didn't end differently.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:08 am

I don't see how not checking a light is so inexcusable though. If it was that dangerous the police would've done more than just mention it to me. Sure I don't condone drink-driving but I can tell when I'm not suitable to drive and last night was not one of those nights. Of course any drink can alter reactions etc but then so can lack of sleep, lack of food, amounts of caffiene.

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:14 am

> I can tell when I'm not suitable to drive

This is one of the biggest misconceptions out there today. When it comes to being under the influence, you are not your own best judge.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?