The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Applecore
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Applecore » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Also just found a collection of all Buried Alive matches, which was pretty cool.
Had to laugh at the commentators saying how The Undertaker is a master of these types of matches and things like that, as out of the 5 Buried Alive matches there's been, he won 1 of them, and that was a tag-team with The Big Show against The Rock and Mankind, and they only won after Triple H interfered by knocking out The Big Show and buried Mankind anyway..

Highlight of the bunch has to be the Undertaker vs Vince McMahon though, the dude's head busted open from the first punch :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:32 pm

Ok I have a theory on what they might be doing... Or what they could do to save Mania.

First I'm starting to think that CM Punk walking out is now just a worked shoot, it would make sense if it was legit to walkout the night after Mania once you've had the big payoff. Also he's not talking to anybody, and WWE have removed all mention of him but haven't wished him well in his future endeavours (even if he's under contract until June/July they could just give him his release with a no compete clause and wish him well like they have before). Even if it is true then apparently Vince is desperate to get him back but it's HHH that's not all that bothered but is leaving it in Vince's hands. Now more on Punk in a little bit...

In a new video (like the one where he announced the title unification) HHH had announced that if Brock Lesnar wants a WWE title match then he will have to earn one not just announce himself as number one contender, this is probably going to lead to either situation a) a match at Elimination Chamber where Batista puts his title shot on the line against Lesnar or B) Lesnar somehow ends up costing Batista his title shot and Daniel Bryan ends up with it.

Then for the a Elimination Chamber match, the booking plan so far is they've put Christian in there as a filler and they're going with the plan that if they can find somebody better to replace him then they will have that person attack, injure and replace Christian in the match (which is what happened to CM Punk in his first title reign and how he lost the title without being in the match) so what if this is how CM Punk comes back attacks Christian, wins the Title now they could go two ways with this a) ignore the fact he's attacked another face for his spot thus keeping him face or b) acknowledge him attacking Christian but say the same happened to him, moan about his frustrations and remind people about his long title reign ect turning him heel.

Then you have the possibility of two different title matches at Mania either
A) a face CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar
B) a heel CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan

If we go with match B then they could do a little shuffle of matches to have

Batista vs Brock Lesnar

If it's true that sting has come to terms with wwe then Sting vs The Undertaker

And Triple H if needed could be booked into a match with Randy Orton, though I'd rather see HHH not wrestle and leave it to the full timers and maybe have Sheamus vs Randy Orton where Sheamus becomes the new face of the company.

Keep John Cena vs Bray Wyatt

Other matches I imagine we'd be seeing..

Cody Rhodes vs Goldust

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns for the U.S title.

And Afew weeks ago Big E. Langston and Mark Henry kept hanging around together so I was expecting Henry to turn and challenge for the Intercontinental title but since the Brock attack Henry's not been on tv.
I would have quite liked Big E. Vs Henry if they'd have replayed the old NWA angle between the Road Warriors and Powers of Pain. Because they're both powerlifting fans they could have trained together and ran an angle where they have a bench press challenge only when the maximum weight is on Big E.'s press Henry rams the bar down on his chest.
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Applecore wrote:So, I just came across this.. Summerslam 1994, Undertaker vs Undertaker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8pKKU2Bevg

Why doesn't the WWE do stupid shit like this anymore? :lol:

They do...

http://youtu.be/26lJ14mJfec

http://youtu.be/wyGxxRCsspo
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:42 pm

More importantly, why don't WWE do stuff like Chikara. In a summary of their return:

"and from it emerged tag team 3.0 and Arhibald Peck (who in a CHIKARA storyline, was trapped in the past after being hit with a Backfist from the Future by Eddie Kingston) with the idea that 3.0 had gone back in time to retrieve the lost Peck."

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:56 pm

The Warlord wrote:First I'm starting to think that CM Punk walking out is now just a worked shoot, it would make sense if it was legit to walkout the night after Mania once you've had the big payoff.

Every dirtsheet source so far suggests that it isn't. If it is, this is one of the biggest works in history, keeping everyone clammed up.

I will genuinely applaud WWE if this turns out to be a work.

Bearstock
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bearstock » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:50 pm

The live TNA from Glasgow on Thursday was shit on thetele.

However the 2 taped shows in London yesterday was great in person.

Interestingly during the big tag match there as was a fight in the crowd and the remaining guys just kinda wandered off, filming the finish of the match later in the evening. Interested to see how they edit that one.

The Wolves wrestled which was pleasing, already showing good chemistry with Bad Influence.

Have posted up a review on Facebook which I'm happy to post here if anyones interested? Spoilers galore mind.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:27 pm

Dolph zigglers promo on the wwe app was very good, I think importantly it was totally genuine, and hopefully is leading to a renewed push for him.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Don't know if it was full scripted or improv'd a little bit, hopefully the latter.
these scripted promos are getting a bit boring because it just helps with the homogenization of WWE at the moment. Tons of people wrestle the same, and the majority of them all sound the same.

Great promo though, full of passion.

but srsly zeb colter <3

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:53 am

Is Mick Foley still under WWE contract? Is this still a work? Because I'm really thinking it's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSr-5yy ... re=mh_lolz

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:30 pm

Jobdone wrote:More importantly, why don't WWE do stuff like Chikara. In a summary of their return:

"and from it emerged tag team 3.0 and Arhibald Peck (who in a CHIKARA storyline, was trapped in the past after being hit with a Backfist from the Future by Eddie Kingston) with the idea that 3.0 had gone back in time to retrieve the lost Peck."

What's even better is in the "Ashes" youtube series they did leading up to NPWD the Backfist To The Future angle gets explained to 3.0 by Peck's lawyer R.D. Evans (who is the other wrestling character of Peck) who then go off in search of Archie and actually discover the location of "Parts Unknown", in the freaking past, and then use a time-traveling Delorean to show up at National Pro Wrestling Day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3vMnTx-nag&list=PLu88hFr9UX0iZhm8uKcBg6b06oKj3m8TO

PG wrestling done properly!

And no, Mick is no longer employed as an ambassador. Any shows he appears on now are as I freelance I suspect.

Anyway, I had a cracker time at Pro Wrestling Ulster last night in their new venue. The women's match stole the show, it was my first time seeing Nikki Storm from Glasgow- solid wrestler, great at getting heat and really sound as well. Gave me a hug and all just for complimenting her on the match afterwards.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Raw was terrible :( They apparently threw a lot of people out for chanting CM Punk, and they're giving Bryan Punk's feud against can and HHH... Great.

Someone who was there also said that during an ad break batista had a video package and came out to say how much he loved the place and their baseball team. Just to try and stop the Booing I guess :lol:

Fucking hell the product is going a really bad way. If Taker doesn't come back for his annual spotfest, I might not even order WM.

Oh and lest we fucking forget, way to shit up bad news barrett, fucking hell. I hate Lawler so much, what in the shit was that crap?! "I have some bad news for you, hopefully next week you won't be here" Not only is it ruining one of the few funny things in it right now, it was the worst comeback in the history of spoken English.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:51 pm

I thought it was hilarious that the announcers were completely ignoring the crowds CM Punk chants, but throwing people out is a bit extreme..
And passing the Kane/Punk feud on to Bryan is so fucking desperate. It's a crap story arc that didn't need to happen. Stop fucking up Bryan as the number one contender! It's what your fans want!!
Also yeah, complete fuck up of Bad News Barrett. No wonder they didn't cut back to BNB, he was probably pissing himself with laughter at such a weak comeback.

Also also, calling it now, after Bryan beat Orton:
Orton beats Christian.
Orton loses to Sheamus
Orton beats Cesaro
Orton/Cena gets interrupted by Lesnar/Wyatts.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:37 pm

The reports of people being thrown out are not true at all. Sad people that make this shit up....
Lawler should really be gone tbh, but I think his heart attack killed any chance of him being taken off TV when he really should have been. Hopefully by the end f the year he'll be gone.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:56 pm

AND THE BAD NEW FOR YOU BARRETT IS THAT AFTER AN AMOUNT OF TIME, THERE'S A POTENTIAL YOU WILL NO LONGER BE THE ONE GIVING THE BAD NEWS AT SOME POINT. AHA!

And then no one follows up on that. Like "What did you mean Lawler?" or "What the fuck was that you crazy old fuck?" or "Wait, what?". If this leads into some Lawler/Barrett feud I'm gonna be so fucking mad.

TIME FOR JOE'S EXCEEDINGLY LENGTHY BREAKDOWN OF COMPLAINTS/COMPLIMENTS ABOUT THIS WEEKS RAW.

I actually didn't mind the Orton promo. It didn't take him 2 minutes to say 3 lines, and it was alright you know. And then Triple H/Steph fucked it up with the "BLAH BLAH BLAH" and fucking Triple H doing the Yes arm thing? Fuck off. They've been shitting on him since Summerslam last year and now HEY WE'RE DANIEL BRYAN MARKS.

Decent enough Shield match. I finally decided to start paying attention to their matches and they're good. Which I guess is expected because there's two old indie guys in there. Reigns got busted open which looked cool. I hate that BAH GAWD IT'S THE SUPERMAN PUNCH is becoming a thing. Looks like the breakout from this is them finally addressing Ambrose never defending the US title, and Reigns/Ambrose are constantly at it, so I'm guessing fued for the US title when Shield inevitably break up. It'll be great watching Ambrose get buried so they can push Reigns as fast and as hard as possible.

I'm loving these Wyatt promos. Nothing more to say, just great shit.

Fuck you Lawler. You stupid cunt. Fuck you. No point.

YEAH. SWAGGER LOST AGAIN. I can't wait for another tag team to break up. We're gonna lose like 3 teams after WM.

I love that the New Age Outlaws refuse to be heels. Kinda meh match. And I have no idea what that thing was at the start where Road Dogg flipped out about whatever. But damn nigga dat moonsault. I guess either Road Dogg was gonna break something, or Cody was. Better for the young guy.

YAY BETTY WHITE AS A GUEST HOST. REMEMBER HOW GOOD THOSE WERE? THE GUEST HOSTS?

Are we seriously pushing Titus O'Neil? Is this a thing now? No one cares WWE. Also Miz coming to complain for some reason or another.
"CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TITUS O'NEIL/MIZ FEUD" - No one ever 2014.

IT'S EMMA FROM NXT. This. This I don't get. But some people get it apparently. I just never will. She moves her hands like she's got autism for a while. I don't. It makes no sense.
"IT'S FUN. IT'S SO FUN" apparently. Fair enough. Not gonna shit on it.

Look like it might be Sheamus v Ryback now. I'm okay with that. Ryback is fun to watch occasionally. It's not like it's gonna be top of the card or anything.

Batista promo that no one cares about, with Del Rio that no one cares about, to culminate in the least heated, most confusing and seemingly random fued ever to tide Batista over till WM.

"WE WANT ZIGGLER" for the Wyatt match. Nice. And what is Xavier Woods? Him and R-Truth seem to be around for the singular purpose of filling time and getting squashed. But I always mark out for the Wyatt entrance. Shit is too good. Watched some Luke Harper stuff from the indies last week, he's got more to show. He was also dressed almost exactly the same as he is now, just with a cleaner wifebeater. Good showing for Ziggler which was nice.
Followed with a decent enough Shield promo. Looking forward to this match.

Divas match! No idea, didn't watch it. I'm still in love with AJ.

That was a long ass match for DBry v Orton. I was not expecting that. Really enjoyed it. Crowd was a bit quiet when Bryan wasn't just kicking people, but it seeemed a quiet crowd in general. Also liked Orton is this match. Fucked with the crowd a little bit, and played the heel well.

And then YAAAAAAAY. CORPORATE KANE. THAT TRIPLE H MATCH AT WM THAT SCHEDULED FOR PUNK. TAHT THING EVERYONE WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO!

"LOOKING FORWARD TO JOE? THAT'S RIDICULOUS, NO ONE WANTED THAT"

True, but this does mean we get to see how inventive the crowd get with the Batista/Orton main event. How obscure will they get with their chants? How hard will they boo for each finisher? It's going to be match of the year for sure.

But seriously. Fuck all happened this episode, and they still refuse to address Punk leaving, which suggests they think it can still be saved.

Ah well. Smackdown spoilers to look forward to tomorrow night.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:37 pm

I was thinking "Fuck. No." when they said it was a dance-off, because I fucking hate Fandango. But then laughed hard when Summer Rae did her little dance and Emma won the crowd over with her really stupid dancing because everyone hates Fandango.
Plus she's nice to look at, so y'know.

Also yeah, I'm hoping that after Elimination Chamber we see a big Shield bust-up leading to Reigns taking the US title and being pushed forward. He's a decent wrestler and I fucking hate Ambrose. I'd like to see them just boot him and have Reigns & Rollins as a tag team, but I have a feeling he'll just outgrow them instead. Maybe join Rybaxel, or The Real Americans (if they remain a thing)..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock