The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:20 pm

I'm just not even mad at this point.

I'm just depressed.

We've got such a shitty mania lined up so far.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 pm

^ This.

Spoilers for those who've not seen Raw.
I could have put up with Heyman trolling if the rest of the episode had been up to scratch, but realistically the only decent part was the Wyatts vs Shield match. Wasn't expecting Rollins to be the one to walk, and for once Ambrose didn't piss me off haha.
Also the Aaron Paul/Ziggler segment was pretty funny, and the Santino/Emma vs Fandango/Summer Rae match was good too.
But man, fuck The Authority and fuck that ending.
I know it's scripted and shit, but Triple H and Stephanie saying they don't care what the fans want and that they own them and all that guff was just fucking insulting. They're trying to maintain themselves as "bad guy" bosses like Mr McMahon was in the '90s, and it's just not working.
There's a lot of talk of the Wrestlemania match being Kane & Triple H vs Daniel Bryan. If it is I don't know if I'll bother watching.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:20 pm

Ugh, we do :( It's such a shame. What started off as a great Raw turned into the same shit we've had constantly since Summerslam. They clearly made the show run long to make people think Punk was showing up, then what we get is bloody that.

Bryan will lose what he's got soon, i'm sure of it. This whole thing is starting to get really lame, it was pretty much

"WE ARE HI-JACKING THIS SHOW BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO FACE ME AT WM, HHH!"

*confused audience starts chanting no*

"No Daniel, we aren't fighting"

"Ha, that's because you are scared!"

"Nope, you're terrible and not worth my time, even my wife could beat you up, wittle bwyan, hahaha"

"Oh yeah? W-well listen to these people, Yes!... Take that"

Bryan is horrible horrible horrible at talking, every single week HHH makes him look pathetic.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:50 pm

I think if Bryan loses his hype with the fans, it'll be because the fans are tired of chanting to a brick wall. I'd actually take a HHH vs Bryan match for Wrestlemania if it meant the end of all this bullshit. Fucking Bryan vs Kane AGAIN on Main Event tonight.

Oh and I forgot.
Fuck yeah Usos, but also fuck you WWE. I am so fucking sick of this bullshit title clause where the sore loser can have a rematch whenever they want. No. They lost. Move the fuck on and retire those old cunts already.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:53 pm

Yeah, he did some good heel shit, but his face promos are just "THE CROWD STILL LIKES ME RIGHT?"

You can only milk the fucking Bryan shit for so long.

This isn't the feud people wanted. This isn't best for business. If they'd had a solid build up since Summerslam with the screwing over, they could've easily had Bryan fucked over at Rumble one last time, and then beat Triple H at Elimination Chamber to win a chance for the title at WM, but no, this has all been pulled out of their arse because Punk fucked off.

Fuck Batista, fuck the face/heel/"HAHA, GET IT, WE HATE THE CROWD" fucking authority, fuck the terrible main event, fuck the tag titles changing hands on a Raw where it'll mean nothing because people were too busy waiting for CM Punk, fuck shitty rehashing of the Raw ending with Bryan being beaten up, fuck everything about the product right now that isn't involving the Shield or the Wyatts basically.

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:03 pm

Don't forget Cesaro, he's great also!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:10 pm

Oh wait yeah.

Cesaro and Zeb are still cool.

Emma would be good if she just gave up on the gimmick that's pretty much never going to go over with the bigger audience at this point. Just be a wrestler. She's a good wrestler. Do that.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:14 pm

The Cesaro/Big E match was off to an OK start, I struggle to give a fuck about Big E tbh.
The Swagger interruption seemed forced, there was no sense in it. Sure sneak a cheeky punch in if the opponent is thrown out of the ring in front of you, but to run in and do the SwaggerBomb was a bit.. weird.
Did fucking laugh when Cesaro then interrupted the Swagger match with the Neutralizer.

I also really like Emma because she's a decent wrestler (and she's purdy) but she's also really goofy and fun to watch (and she's also purdy).
Also I want to see her naked.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:26 pm

I started liking her after NXT Arrival and realising she has an australian accent.

I fucking love the australian accent man.

But I will never understand the dance. I just do not get it.

And Cesaros cheeky grin after that neutraliser was great. He's gonna make such a good face.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:31 pm

I have faith wrestlemania will be good. Everyone steps up at mania.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:37 pm

I think the dance is meant to be stupid, and I guess it's "her thing". Like how Bryan has the pointy fingers for "YES!", the Usos do the Haka, Fandango and Summer Rae do their dancy shite. Everyone who's remembered has a gimmick to their entrance. She's just probably started it a little early.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Bearstock
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearstock » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:47 pm

It's her gimmick. She wants to start an Emmalution.

She's ok I'm just hoping that Paige screws AJ at 'Mania claiming to be the best womens champion in the entire WWE.

I say hoping, that would be in vein.

The womens "match" at Wrestlemania will likely be The Bellas, Natalya, Summer Rae and Alicia Fox vs AJ, Tamina, Aksana etc and it'll probably turn into a dance off which King loves and everyone else growns whilst JBL makes his feelings clear but goes off on a tangent.

Cena will be getting matched by Bray Wyatt until Cena starts fighting back causing Harper and Rowan to run down and have a 3 man beatdown until the "unexpected" but music still lined up ready "I AM A REAL AMERICAN" Hulk Hogan comes out to make the save allowing Cena to win and Hogan and Cena then pose in the ring for several minutes with Cole patronising the viewers bleeting about "What a Wrestlemania moment".

Orton vs Batista could actually go either way in terms of the overall winner. There will be a 2 count after the hangman DDT, a 2 count after the spine buster. A long 2 count after a Batista Bomb and another long 2 count after an RKO. Also a 2 count after Randy counters a spear attempt with a slam. Probably be a spear that gets hit too either another 2 count or sending Orton out of the ring.

Expect a controversial finish so we can see rematches up until July either way.

Those 3 matches will be shit.

I do however think Taker vs Brock will be a massive positive. Taker yet again surprising everyone with how physical he's able to get still. People seem to forget Lesnar can perform well also.

Shield triple threat will be excellent and I'm far from convinced the obvious Reigns win will happen.

Cessaro and Swagger could go either way. Both men are technical and are capable of putting on an early Benoit vs Angle style match. Only expect them to get 10 minutes tops though so might never really get going and all boil down to a Zeb interference. Probably a new partner for Swagger costing Cessaro.

What will they do with Ziggler?
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Bearstock wrote:Cena will be getting matched by Bray Wyatt until Cena starts fighting back causing Harper and Rowan to run down and have a 3 man beatdown until the "unexpected" but music still lined up ready "I AM A REAL AMERICAN" Hulk Hogan comes out to make the save allowing Cena to win and Hogan and Cena then pose in the ring for several minutes with Cole patronising the viewers bleeting about "What a Wrestlemania moment".

I really hope they don't ruin Wyatts like they did Nexus and pull this kinda shit, but I can see it happening.

And my brain will haemorrage with fury.

Bearstock wrote:What will they do with Ziggler?

Pre-event match against Tons of Funk. Loses in the first 25 seconds.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Looks like Drake Younger has signed a developmental deal. NXT has a new messiah!
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Bearstock
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearstock » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Jobdone wrote:
Bearstock wrote:What will they do with Ziggler?

Pre-event match against Tons of Funk. Loses in the first 25 seconds.

Oh yeah I forgot about the all important pre show.

Maybe we'll get to hear how Christian and Sheamus had a match during Fan Axxess the day before too :lol:
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5