What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby Fjar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Manager arranged a meeting with me on Monday scheduled for today, worked myself up ridiculously badly over what it might be about, thinking I was going to get a royal bollocking, but I couldn't think of anything I could be bollocked about. In reality it was a 5 minute 'So we're halfway through your probation, how's it going? Any concerns? We certainly don't have any?' etc. etc. thing. :lol: I think the stress of leaving my last job made me feel like I was hopeless and I couldn't do anything right, so it's made me paranoid for the last three months that I could really disappoint them in some way. So I'm pretty much overjoyed that everything's fine, and it's made me look back on the shitload of things I've achieved with a new perspective.

TL;DR Everything's coming up Milhouse.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:26 pm

Exhausted and feel lke I could sleep forever but WOW such a good day.

Arrived at my trial shift, did usual prep work, making cakes etc. The head chef then approaches me asking to make some kind of cake and some biscuits. Of course I forgot my recipe book, so I had to improvise and produce some lame ass gingerbread and a chocolate orange torte.

Roll on an hour later, I get a job offer ;D Then an hour later I met up with one of the other chefs for a drink. She said the head chef was desperate to hire me and she'd been sent to twist my arm as he knew I wasn't 100% convinced, PLUS the pastry chef I was working with said I shouldn't even be applying for commis positions because that's way below my skill level.

After thinking my work was pretty shitty, that was a real confidence boost!

Alex.
Paster of Muppets

Postby Alex. » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:41 pm

TheLotusEater193 wrote:Exhausted and feel lke I could sleep forever but WOW such a good day.

Arrived at my trial shift, did usual prep work, making cakes etc. The head chef then approaches me asking to make some kind of cake and some biscuits. Of course I forgot my recipe book, so I had to improvise and produce some lame ass gingerbread and a chocolate orange torte.

Roll on an hour later, I get a job offer ;D Then an hour later I met up with one of the other chefs for a drink. She said the head chef was desperate to hire me and she'd been sent to twist my arm as he knew I wasn't 100% convinced, PLUS the pastry chef I was working with said I shouldn't even be applying for commis positions because that's way below my skill level.

After thinking my work was pretty shitty, that was a real confidence boost!

:D :D :D :D Nice one Mannabel!

V-Man wrote:If I wanted to act mature why would I have stayed in education? GAWD

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks! :D

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:48 pm

That's awesome Annabel. :D Is this the job with the person from your old job?
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Yeah, she's just a commis too but she's how I found the job.

Honestly I still don't think I'm gonna accept, I have 2 more trials lined up and if they're good I'd rather go for them. I've really gone off the idea of London recently. Either way it's nice to know i'm not shit!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Congrats Mannabel! That's awesome.

I am a bit drunk for the first time in a year and I'm getting less intolerance shit than I would normally do. Looks like some summer canal drinking might be on the cards after all :D
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:21 pm

thehairyone wrote:£100 in coppers. This will require multiple trips.

How did you manage to accumulate that much?

I got sick of ending up with loads of coppers after nights out (Not like that! Missus! Titter ye not!), so I put them in an Elvis piggybank and take them to the bank when that gets full. When full, that only contains about £8 worth.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

TheLotusEater193
Denim Demon

Postby TheLotusEater193 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:23 pm

peypea wrote:Congrats Mannabel! That's awesome.

I am a bit drunk for the first time in a year and I'm getting less intolerance shit than I would normally do. Looks like some summer canal drinking might be on the cards after all :D

Thanks and YAY OMG DRUNKEN ANIA!!!

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Nice one Annabel :) I can understand why you'd want to avoid London if possible though

peypea wrote:I am a bit drunk for the first time in a year and I'm getting less intolerance shit than I would normally do. Looks like some summer canal drinking might be on the cards after all :D

Hooray! I can offer you tasty cider in the future and not be a terrible person.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:33 am

It won't necessarily always be the case. I'm pretty fucking uncomfortable right now, but not as bad as I have been at times :3
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Metallumz
Warrior of Metal

Postby Metallumz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:34 am

Caught this dizzyness bug that's been doing the rounds on Tues, finally managed to scramble myself out of bed and interract with humanity once more for 2 hours at the local open mic. Coca-Cola followed by a pint of Guinness, classy.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:54 am

peypea wrote:Congrats Mannabel! That's awesome.

Weeey.

And congrats annabel!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:26 am

TheLotusEater193 wrote:Good things

Fuck yeah, grats Annabel.

I personally vote you go into a business venture where you sell delicious pastries to the bloodstock forum in exchange for friendly emoticons and vague suggestions of "I'll get you a pint at some point".

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Finally get to hand in my resignation at my old job soon, thanking god that the managers aren't in so I don't have to deal with their shit. Wishing i would have added some ''constructive criticisms'' to the end of the resignation to make things interesting. Even though they are my managers I have had to deal with the biggest crock of shit whilst being employed there. So done with this job, can't wait to start at B+M soon :D
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude