Pokémon Bloodstock: Version 2

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Re: Pokémon Bloodstock: Version 2

Postby Delightful-Jim » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:01 pm

CrappyMike wrote:As usual, Neils post is too complicated for me :lol: I have caught a shitload of pokemon, but I! Still not happy with my team. I have, the fire starters final evolution (I forget the name) blastoise, pidgeot, raichu, lucario (which I now have 2 of cause I caught riolu and evolved it then got given one :lol: ) and currently switching between rhyhorn and absol, just can't setlle on a 6th pokemon yet.

I'd stick with the Ryhorn to be honest. I always feel secure with at least one ground type knowing Earthquake on my team. :)
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:01 am

Jobdone wrote:Rhyhorn outclasses Absol as long as you catch one with a fiery attitude, and leave it with a Catch 22 Berry until level 23, at which point you need to check the AV values and make a decision because Absol could be better as long as +5/-5 on the DUI attributes matches up with it's internal monologues and it was raised without violence.

Not sure if joking, or EV training is even more ridiculous than Neil manages to convey.

:eyes:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:50 am

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
Delightful-Jim wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:Got pokemon y today, just started playing. Got a pidgey and a fletching but only going to use one, leaning towards pidgey.does anyone know if fletchling will be any good or am I better off with pidgey?

Fletchling is incredibly OP when it evolves into Talonflame. It is MUCH better than Pidgey.

Only if you get a friend safari Fletchinder with the Gale Wings hidden ability.
But basically 120 base power for Brave Bird + STAB, is 180 base power. Give it a choice band to boost attack by 50%, so you end up with 122 base power in attack (134 with the right nature), and then the ability gives speed priority to flying type moves. So whilst you basically take a massive hit on damage, it's a great revenge killer. If you don't want to be locked into one move with the choice item, you could go for a 30% boost with a life orb.

However with a standard Talonflame you have the flame body ability which halves the number of steps taken to hatch an egg if it's first in party (even better is if you get the hidden Hatching O-Power), that coupled with fly so you can fly to Kiloude City to check for perfect IV's without having to take up an extra slot or mess about on the PC every 5 eggs, makes it a really useful pokemon to have if your breeding for nature/IV's.

>using smogonbird

Why not just get a Rotom-W as well, boooooo.

For anyone who has these games, I have been breeding Ekans' I have a couple spare. One is 6IV but you'll need an ability capsule because it's shed skin, the other is 31/31/31/x/31/31 and Intimidate. Both are Adamant. Both come with Sucker Punch.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:57 am

WorMzy wrote:
Jobdone wrote:Rhyhorn outclasses Absol as long as you catch one with a fiery attitude, and leave it with a Catch 22 Berry until level 23, at which point you need to check the AV values and make a decision because Absol could be better as long as +5/-5 on the DUI attributes matches up with it's internal monologues and it was raised without violence.

Not sure if joking, or EV training is even more ridiculous than Neil manages to convey.

:eyes:

Everything is say is factual total truths.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:37 pm

herzeleid wrote:
AnnihiSlateR wrote:
Delightful-Jim wrote:

Fletchling is incredibly OP when it evolves into Talonflame. It is MUCH better than Pidgey.

Only if you get a friend safari Fletchinder with the Gale Wings hidden ability.
But basically 120 base power for Brave Bird + STAB, is 180 base power. Give it a choice band to boost attack by 50%, so you end up with 122 base power in attack (134 with the right nature), and then the ability gives speed priority to flying type moves. So whilst you basically take a massive hit on damage, it's a great revenge killer. If you don't want to be locked into one move with the choice item, you could go for a 30% boost with a life orb.

However with a standard Talonflame you have the flame body ability which halves the number of steps taken to hatch an egg if it's first in party (even better is if you get the hidden Hatching O-Power), that coupled with fly so you can fly to Kiloude City to check for perfect IV's without having to take up an extra slot or mess about on the PC every 5 eggs, makes it a really useful pokemon to have if your breeding for nature/IV's.

>using smogonbird

Why not just get a Rotom-W as well, boooooo.

For anyone who has these games, I have been breeding Ekans' I have a couple spare. One is 6IV but you'll need an ability capsule because it's shed skin, the other is 31/31/31/x/31/31 and Intimidate. Both are Adamant. Both come with Sucker Punch.

I didn't use Smogon, I just noticed the ability on a traded one I got, and have a basic understanding of tactics, and spotted patterns of success online.
The Inner Tent is Not Flame Retardant!
http://www.last.fm/user/annihislater18

Delightful-Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Delightful-Jim » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:20 am

I still have to battle one of you guys, eventually. I keep forgetting :lol:
If I like it, It's probably awful.

Clutch, Kamelot and The Ocean for BOA 2014 pls!

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:19 pm

I would but only if it isn't a tier type game. I like to properly train and have decent IVs and whatnot, but I use my bros instead of what is good. Basically shitmons like Arbok :p

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:54 pm

The cartoon HD app has 750 episodes of Pokemon and 14 movies

I want to watch the movies in the order they came out compared to the series
Im assuming the first movie was after the first series, but after that I have no clue, someone please tell me the order to watch them in

Side note; if you havt got cartoon hd yet, do. Seriously.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:00 pm

It's contentious as to whether or not the movies follow the timeline of the anime
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... main_anime

but this thread might be of use, though it is only one persons speculation.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread ... d-in-anime)

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Wed May 07, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm sure it'll come as no surprise given the in game hints in X & Y, and the trend they've had of remaking every game two consoles down the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0

I really hope they expand it though and add additional content. I kind of feel like this was the weakest generation, especially once you beat the elite four and there's next to nothing to do.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed May 07, 2014 2:22 pm

They make it sound like it's a new game, in a different place, but with the same legendaries. I won't hold my breath in hope that they'll stick to that..
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Wed May 07, 2014 2:56 pm

HOENN CONFIRMED

WOOOOOO

Yeah they'll obviously add a load of content. Think of how much shit they added in the Gold/Silver remakes. Plus these will be on 3DS, so more megas will be a thing. Probably explains where they were going with the leaks of Mega Latias and Mega Latios.

I'm hyped as shit for this. Definitely getting Alpha Sapphire :D

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Wed May 07, 2014 3:11 pm

Did they add much in HG and SS? They had the pokemon following you, and a park for them. But beyond that I don't recall a hell of a lot more. Then again, it's been ages since playing it.

I too shall be going for Alpha Sapphire.

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Wed May 07, 2014 7:41 pm

You could catch several legendary pokemon from other games, they added a safari zone, a park where you can move pokemon from GBA games to the DS games, the ability to rebattle gym leaders, raising the levels of the Elite Four, a Battle Frontier, and probably other shit I don't remember.

But yeah, HG/SS had the most stuff to do in it post-game. Hoping these remakes do something similar. I'll be getting Omega Ruby since my brother is going for Alpha Sapphire.

AnnihiSlateR
Denim Demon

Postby AnnihiSlateR » Wed May 07, 2014 7:57 pm

fair enough, I'd forgot a fair bit of that :p