The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
thehairyone
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby thehairyone » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:59 pm

You've done the right thing. Hard, but worth it.

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Danroush wrote:Had another long and depressing dream involving my ex :( I try everything to push her out of my mind and then my body responds by making me dream about her instead. I really wish she hadn't blocked me on fb without even bothering to read the last message I sent (with a request that she just reply with "ok" to show she'd read it if she didn't want to reply fully).

Similar situation with me, but the difference was the unexpected facebook blocking came after I thought we were finally making progress on being friends. Changed my phone a few weeks ago though and rediscovered her phone number. Texted her just to tell her blocking me like that was a really pathetic move, made me feel slightly better.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:58 pm

Danroush wrote:I try everything to push her out of my mind

This is pretty much a surefire way of making sure that you dream about her. Dreams are the brain's way of making sense of the day's events and thought processes. So by thinking "don't think of her" you're very much thinking about her.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Fjar wrote:

This is pretty much a surefire way of making sure that you dream about her. Dreams are the brain's way of making sense of the day's events and thought processes. So by thinking "don't think of her" you're very much thinking about her.

From recent experience I can confirm that Fjar speaks the truth. The only way to get past it was to think about another girl, or college work :yes:

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:15 pm

I spooned with a complete stranger last night at a party, like we had a couple of brief drunken conversations, I can't even remember his name, and somehow I slept fine next to him (obviously nothing touchy feely happened) and it wasn't even awkward or anything. Convinced he was gay because he didn't try it on and he's from Brighton but apparently not :lol: wtf
I love Brighton, I need more spooning buddies
Last edited by Nantha on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Potato-Jim wrote:
Fjar wrote:

From recent experience I can confirm that Fjar speaks the truth. The only way to get past it was to think about another girl, or college work :yes:

I think you completely misinterpreted what I meant by that phrasing :P

If my method of "trying everything" was just going "don't think of her" that'd be pretty damn retarded, trying everything means occupying myself with other things, people etc
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Their point was that your reasoning for doing those things was still based on her, rather than other reasons.

Think of it this way, you set out to do other things, with the end result being "to take your mind off her". After a while, when you take stoke, you HAVE to remember about her to see if you have forgetten about her.

Might just have been your phrasing, yeah, but I saw as that's what they meant.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:04 pm

siliconfury wrote:Their point was that your reasoning for doing those things was still based on her, rather than other reasons.

Think of it this way, you set out to do other things, with the end result being "to take your mind off her". After a while, when you take stoke, you HAVE to remember about her to see if you have forgetten about her.

Might just have been your phrasing, yeah, but I saw as that's what they meant.

Yeah that's not what I'm doing, I'm generally reaching a point where she doesn't cross my mind on as regular a basis as before, but the dreams kind of fuck that up a bit
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:12 pm

gandalf the red wrote:I know it's a generalisation. But an alcoholic, drunk driving, womanising, drug taking gambler is bad news.

Yep. My income has been entirely dependent on betting on football for the last 7 years or so, so I'm relatively pro gambling. But when it goes wrong, it can go very wrong. My girlfriend's family was titled and landed, but one of the family developed a gambling problem and lost the family fortune (which was many millions).
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:45 pm

The closest I've come to ruining my life to gambling is spending all of my money in Goldenrod Game Corner. Pokemon bred a generation of gamblers.

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Tet wrote:
gandalf the red wrote:I know it's a generalisation. But an alcoholic, drunk driving, womanising, drug taking gambler is bad news.

Yep. My income has been entirely dependent on betting on football for the last 7 years or so, so I'm relatively pro gambling. But when it goes wrong, it can go very wrong. My girlfriend's family was titled and landed, but one of the family developed a gambling problem and lost the family fortune (which was many millions).

I've heard a few stories like this. What an asshole.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:36 pm

How would one get the attention of a girl who works at a coffee shop without coming across as a creep or Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

I'm asking for...a friend...

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Moonburp wrote:How would one get the attention of a girl who works at a coffee shop

Eat a block of cheese beforehand, and talk about your work as a full on rapist.

Moonburp wrote:without coming across as a creep or Charlie from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

Shit. Ignore that then :(

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:06 pm

When you buy some coffee ask her to go for a drink?

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:11 pm

I have no idea how you'd work the magic, but I think you'll be aware of whether she's keen or not - fake 'customer mode' chat (e.g. "Wow, it's busy on Monday mornings in here" "Oh yeaaah, it's always like this, haha!!") and it's a no-go, but if she comes across as natural and genuine, you're in. Just remember she's paid to be friendly and upbeat to you. Like a part time coffee scented hooker.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.