What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby skull-wart » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:38 pm

metalsam wrote:
Moonburp wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:

Tbh, playing guitar in the bath is one of life's little pleasures.

I've been talking about getting a bath guitar for ages :lol:

If I ever own a hot tub, totally getting a hottub guitar to go with it.

But the water would mute the strings, flood into any acoustic cavities, screw with the electrics and generally be a pain in the arse to move around with? And the strings would rust, depending on the brand.
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:38 pm

I'm sure a total acoustic or uke with nylon/plastic and no metal parts might give rise to some kinda fun. Would have to be some kind of non-porous substitute for wood mind...

I'm overthinking this.

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Work is going so well :D I get to have some creative input helping the VM's and I'm considering doing it as a career. Travelling the country AND getting long holidays?! :love: Getting on really well with the staff building the shop and cleaning too! Gunna miss everyone when we're back to shift work though, I'll be all on my lonesome :(
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm

http://nwb.co/themanclads

Hope they play Nottingham at some point. Pity the line-ups for Rock & Blues are so meh these days, otherwise I'd see them there.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Bumcrack-smellywinkle wrote:Work is going so well :D I get to have some creative input helping the VM's and I'm considering doing it as a career. Travelling the country AND getting long holidays?! :love: Getting on really well with the staff building the shop and cleaning too! Gunna miss everyone when we're back to shift work though, I'll be all on my lonesome :(

What are VMs in your context? In my world they mean something completely different... unless Virtual machines somehow make you travel the country and give you long holidays... :P
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:46 pm

NeglectedField wrote:I'm sure a total acoustic or uke with nylon/plastic and no metal parts might give rise to some kinda fun. Would have to be some kind of non-porous substitute for wood mind...

I'm overthinking this.

You'd pick super fast afterwards from the water resistance :lol:

MMHT: Back from an awesome weekend so I spent today making a pretty serious career move. I also think I can get 3-4 products out this year if I get my arse in gear. BOOM.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:24 pm

NeglectedField wrote:I'm sure a total acoustic or uke with nylon/plastic and no metal parts might give rise to some kinda fun. Would have to be some kind of non-porous substitute for wood mind...

I'm overthinking this.

You're not thinking it right. The guitar balances on either side of the bath and you play it like a lap guitar.

Also, already getting considered for a promotion as head barguy.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:29 am

Then you could practice learning guitar backwards without straining your wrist!
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:40 pm

siliconfury wrote:
Bumcrack-smellywinkle wrote:Work is going so well :D I get to have some creative input helping the VM's and I'm considering doing it as a career. Travelling the country AND getting long holidays?! :love: Getting on really well with the staff building the shop and cleaning too! Gunna miss everyone when we're back to shift work though, I'll be all on my lonesome :(

What are VMs in your context? In my world they mean something completely different... unless Virtual machines somehow make you travel the country and give you long holidays... :P

My Virtual Machines most certainly do not allow me to travel the country
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Bisset wrote:
siliconfury wrote:

My Virtual Machines most certainly do not allow me to travel the country

Visual merchandisers and general new store setter uppers that go to a new store and make all the stock look nicely laid out and in the right place ect. Bad day today, sliced my finger open on a box :(
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:30 pm

skull-wart wrote:
metalsam wrote:If I ever own a hot tub, totally getting a hottub guitar to go with it.

But the water would mute the strings, flood into any acoustic cavities, screw with the electrics and generally be a pain in the arse to move around with? And the strings would rust, depending on the brand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAvm5w7LymQ
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm getting tempted to roll out my IBC fire hot-tub plan again. Anyone have a garden I can borrow?

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:33 pm

I realised today that I finally believe in myself as a sound engineer.
It's not happened overnight, I mean, I took 3 months out to study from the best professionals, got myself work, have sorted myself out with business cards and public liability insurance and I'm going to a networking event in Brighton on Saturday.
I did this all without realising I had crossed that shitty confidence barrier that was holding me back, but yeah, eyyy :D

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:51 am

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:21 am

Nantha wrote:I realised today that I finally believe in myself as a sound engineer.
It's not happened overnight, I mean, I took 3 months out to study from the best professionals, got myself work, have sorted myself out with business cards and public liability insurance and I'm going to a networking event in Brighton on Saturday.
I did this all without realising I had crossed that shitty confidence barrier that was holding me back, but yeah, eyyy :D

Awwwwyeaaaaaaah.

That's awesome to hear.