Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
herzeleid
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby herzeleid » Sat May 03, 2014 12:39 pm

CrappyMike wrote:Finally reached level 100 in GTA online. Heists should be out by the end of the month, plus the ability to own multiple properties. Which is what's needed to keep me playing because there is very little left now for me, I have 10 customised cars so another 10 car garage gives me something to work at. The money is just adding up every night now with nothing to buy except ammo and sometimes a new colour scheme for one of my cars (which admittedly with paint wheel paint and tire smoke can cost up to $50k) I need a reason to work for my money again.

I haven't played in mooooooooooonths and I have a garage with 10 supercars and the most expensive property. When everyone kept getting billions I made everything amazing, all upgrades, full ammo, an attack chopper then left it. When they took the money they left me 350k, and when I was given all that money I had 0 because I saved up honestly for a Cheetah, so it worked out well.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Aye, I am going to play a bit of that tonight. Have the flat to myself. Want to do a bit of cheeve farming on Sleeping Dogs first. I am nowhere near level 100, think I am barely 16. Just been doing races and occasional survival missions.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Who else is total awe of the brilliance of Child of Light?

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Tue May 06, 2014 12:38 am

Ensorcelled wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:Heists should be out by the end of the month

Oh, that thing that was meant to be out at launch? :lol: R* had a great idea on paper, but the real thing wasn't spectacular in any way. Looking back, I think I enjoyed RDR multiplayer more.

I think though if heists were out day one, the game would be dead right now. Heists and hopefully some new contact missions plus multiple property's will inject new life into the game

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue May 06, 2014 7:59 am

Thanks to Star Wars day I decided to buy KOTOR 2 again. Sith Lord Douche Canoe reporting in
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue May 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Bisset wrote:Thanks to Star Wars day I decided to buy KOTOR 2 again. Sith Lord Douche Canoe reporting in

THAT. FUCKING. GAME.

I loved it way more than KOTOR 1.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue May 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Moonburp wrote:
Bisset wrote:Thanks to Star Wars day I decided to buy KOTOR 2 again. Sith Lord Douche Canoe reporting in

THAT. FUCKING. GAME.

I loved it way more than KOTOR 1.

It was great up until the obviously rushed end but it's been so heavily modded it's pretty much complete. I forgot how irritating it was getting influence with some people. I want to get the handmaiden to be Force sensitive but I have to be nice to her which gets me Light side points. Just have to murder people to make up for it
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue May 06, 2014 10:43 pm

So I shall have Sleeping Dogs 100%'d tomorrow. Few achievements I didn't pick up. Some are silly and I wont bother with, but otherwise - one more game completed, onto the next one. Not sure which though. Have plenty to choose from. Might go back to GTA and try and get up to level 100 :)

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed May 07, 2014 4:52 pm

Working my way through final fantasy XIII with final fantasy XIII-2 to move onto. Never been the biggest FF player but it interests me, so I'll get through these. Also got darksiders 1 and 2, which I have played before and give 10/10 and 9/10 respectively so will enjoy those again. Gonna be buying bound by flame sometime over the weekend as well, so plenty to keep me busy. GTA high life update is out next Tuesday with a new gun, 5 new apartments, 4 new cars and the ability to own 2 properties.

mikeftw
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby mikeftw » Wed May 07, 2014 5:05 pm

CrappyMike wrote:Working my way through final fantasy XIII with final fantasy XIII-2 to move onto. Never been the biggest FF player but it interests me, so I'll get through these.

13-2 is much better than the first, but a lot easier, haven't got round to the final installment yet, i'll wait until it's a lot cheaper

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed May 07, 2014 10:43 pm

Yeah if I enjoy these 2 I'll pick it up, but not at £30 unless these completely blow me away

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Thu May 08, 2014 8:21 pm

XIII is decent, but mainly because I really enjoyed the battle system. However, despite having brought it over a year ago, I have yet to even touch XIII-2. I picked it up on the cheap and I'm not really particularly enamoured by any of the characters or the setting enough to get going on it. Lightning Returns looks alright, but I have a similar issue. XIII as a whole is a bit meh.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Thu May 08, 2014 9:12 pm

New, linux-compatible Unreal Tournament coming, free. :D

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/ ... free.3660/
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu May 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Anyone see a reason why I couldn't get the 100 challenges achievement on Hitman Absolution by just challenging a mate to kill the chef on the left over and over again? Sucks for the chef, I know.

Edit fuck: its only campaign. Fuck it. Might have to complete that again, this time on normal. Its not even my type of game. Fuck it x2.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu May 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Smindas wrote:XIII is decent, but mainly because I really enjoyed the battle system. However, despite having brought it over a year ago, I have yet to even touch XIII-2. I picked it up on the cheap and I'm not really particularly enamoured by any of the characters or the setting enough to get going on it. Lightning Returns looks alright, but I have a similar issue. XIII as a whole is a bit meh.

I got them both in 5 for £20 at game so can't complain. No characters stick out to me yet but I only played for about an hour so far.