What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
peypea
Denim Demon

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby peypea » Sun May 18, 2014 12:13 pm

It's a bloody beautiful day and I'm stuck at work and not allowed to leave the store.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun May 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Jobdone wrote:
Nantha wrote:It's a great live venue and provides a platform for local upcoming talent

Nantha wrote:all because of one person complaining about noise who was living in the flat directly above.

Who the fuck decides to live in a flat above a fucking club and music venue and doesn't expect noise.

Yeah, exactly. The venue did everything they could, altered noise levels but even acoustic bands were apparently 'too noisy', soundproofing the whole venue would have been two expensive so they tried to buy the flat and relocate the lodger but they weren't having any of it. So fucking selfish, because of one person the venue has been closed and a lot of people have lost their jobs

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Sun May 18, 2014 2:27 pm

^Excuse my language, but what a cunt :|

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sun May 18, 2014 3:19 pm

I need the fucking football chanting to stop. It is driving me insane. It has been constant since 10am yesterday. Why do I live in fucking Arsenal ARGH

metalsam
Denim Demon

Postby metalsam » Sun May 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Need to move out ASAP. Need to work my ass off over the next few weeks in order to have enough money do every I want this summer and keep my business intact. Could have done without this.

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Sun May 18, 2014 10:24 pm

peypea wrote:It's a bloody beautiful day and I'm stuck at work and not allowed to leave the store.

This :( :(
Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon May 19, 2014 6:11 am

Rang up my car insurance company last week and cancelled it. Today they seemingly took money out my account. Now I'm £400 overdrawn. I'm going to incur charges here I know it.

So now I've got to ring Barclays and Admiral and play merry hell. For fucks sake.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Mon May 19, 2014 6:27 am

Nantha wrote:
Jobdone wrote:
Nantha wrote:It's a great live venue and provides a platform for local upcoming talent

Nantha wrote:all because of one person complaining about noise who was living in the flat directly above.

Who the fuck decides to live in a flat above a fucking club and music venue and doesn't expect noise.

Yeah, exactly. The venue did everything they could, altered noise levels but even acoustic bands were apparently 'too noisy', soundproofing the whole venue would have been two expensive so they tried to buy the flat and relocate the lodger but they weren't having any of it. So fucking selfish, because of one person the venue has been closed and a lot of people have lost their jobs

What an absolute bell end. Ah well, here's hoping they find the disused space to be more of an eyesore than the music was a nuisance and realise their selfishness.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon May 19, 2014 8:48 am

Nantha wrote:Just found out the Blind Tiger Club in Brighton is closing down this weekend.
It's a great live venue and provides a platform for local upcoming talent, I know two people who work there, and I have even been asked to do sound there.
Now it's being forced to close, all because of one person complaining about noise who was living in the flat directly above.
So fucking frustrated and angry :(

What the actual fuck? That's happened far too many times in Brighton. :(

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon May 19, 2014 12:27 pm

Tripadvisor is making me want to murder people.

skull-wart
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby skull-wart » Mon May 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Can't find a decent amp service center in Manc, the bloke closest seems like an unhelpful old fart, bloke in Glossop isn't doing repairs until his new workshop is open, the guy in Chorlton isn't doing any repairs in the foreseeable future so my only other choices are take it to a music shop and have no idea who my technician will be... Or do it myself, and I'm edging towards the latter.

Fucking useless!
Andrewhall28 wrote:Yep, unlike King, Labrie can actually sing

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon May 19, 2014 2:25 pm

tranmerefan wrote:Rang up my car insurance company last week and cancelled it. Today they seemingly took money out my account. Now I'm £400 overdrawn. I'm going to incur charges here I know it.

So now I've got to ring Barclays and Admiral and play merry hell. For fucks sake.

Barclay's can't currently block it/recall it as it's on hold and Admiral haven't accepted.

Admiral have now allegedly cancelled it (supposed to do it on wednesday) and the money should be in my account in 3 days.

I informed them it wasn't good enough and I wanted it today to avoid overdraft charges, they took my account details/sort code and would sort something out today.

So in theory it'll be back in today or the latest tomorrow morning. As of 3pm its still not there. I don't hold out too much hope but I will be ringing Admiral daily until the money is back in my account.

It's payday tomorrow thankfully, so I'll be out my overdraft so just one days charge or something (never been overdrawn like this so I've no idea). However £537 is a lot of money for me and will be greatly missed when it comes to paying rent and buying food.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon May 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Was it direct debit?

Direct debits always take at least a week to change - for instance if you were paying a fixed amount for your energy bill and you wanted to change that amount you'd have to do it about 2 weeks in advance I think (they do it to stop people suddenly reducing it the day before its due).

As a payer you can always cancel the DD from your end though.

If it was a debit card then you've entered the primary risk of doing insurance via debit card - you can't cancel a payment directly, need to cancel it via the payee.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon May 19, 2014 2:33 pm

siliconfury wrote:Was it direct debit?

Direct debits always take at least a week to change - for instance if you were paying a fixed amount for your energy bill and you wanted to change that amount you'd have to do it about 2 weeks in advance I think (they do it to stop people suddenly reducing it the day before its due).

As a payer you can always cancel the DD from your end though.

If it was a debit card then you've entered the primary risk of doing insurance via debit card - you can't cancel a payment directly, need to cancel it via the payee.

Nah, wasn't direct debit. It was a debit card - I rang up last week to cancel and they told me then it was all done. I'd been told previously I have up to the 17th May to cancel and it would be no issue.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon May 19, 2014 3:29 pm

It's in. £537.81 has been credited to my account; my policy no is the reference.

I hope this stops me incurring any overdraft charges too as its the same day.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook