Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu May 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Trine 2 and Pixel Shooter Ultimate. Heard good things about Trine, fuck all about Pixel Shooter.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Fri May 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Yeah looks like another shitty game for PlayStation 4 again! Don't know why they don't just give us a classic game from PS2 or PS3 instead of a game that looks like it was on the the Sega fucking Master System.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Fri May 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Hope Microsoft give us good free games for Xbox One which is starting next month :)

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri May 30, 2014 2:23 pm

halo spartan assault and max: curse of brotherhood.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri May 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Seem to be getting a few visitors in my Minecraft world. I always feel as if they're bombing or burning something down :lol: .

Keep my eye on the map, if they're around one of the buildings I rather like then ill kick em. Fuckers. :lol:

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:16 am

herzeleid wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:im sure it works with the camera, which is an inferior peripheral to kinect and has no practical uses in games. i wouldnt mind cause it can be cool when its changing colour in games but you cant switch it off :|

Bleh. I really don't want another Xbox, but a good controller is so damn important to gaming. I don't want Kinect, their stupid interface, their entertainment nonsense, any of it. Why can Sony just copy their controller then I can be happy.

Pretty sure I saw a PS3 controller in Tesco that was a very similar model to a 360 one.. One of those dodgy "Madcatz" type things, but it still could be what you're after.

Games-wise, I picked up Watch Dogs and COD: Ghosts yesterday.
So far I'm pleasantly surprised by Ghosts. I wasn't sure on how the dog aspect would work but it's not such a ballache as I feared.
Played the first mission of Watch Dogs. I can see myself enjoying it but not getting very far before trading it back in. Hopefully it grabs me a bit more soon (or at least before it drops in trade-in value :lol: )
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

herzeleid
Denim Demon

Postby herzeleid » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:37 am

[quote="Turbo"]Seem to be getting a few visitors in my Minecraft world. I always feel as if they're bombing or burning something down :lol: .

Keep my eye on the map, if they're around one of the buildings I rather like then ill kick em. Fuckers. :lol:[/quote

What's your gamertag? I have been Minecrafting lately, I could see your world!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:40 am

Turbohammaren

To be honest I would dearly love to set up a new world and make one as a four player or more. Perhaps in survival too, but a couple of the guys I wanted to do that with turned their noses up saying the game is £15 and too expensive. I have possibly spent more time collectively over the year or so I have had it than I did on Black Ops 2. A game that I (and the two guys in question) spent £60 for the Hardened Edition.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Yup, I think I'll be trading in Watch Dogs tomorrow. Just went on it again and.. I just don't give a shit.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Also I'm deleting a bunch of game data off my PS3. I got to WWE2K14 and now The Rock's theme music is playing over and over again while it works on it.. For fuck's sake :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Applecore wrote:Yup, I think I'll be trading in Watch Dogs tomorrow. Just went on it again and.. I just don't give a shit.

Heard only but praise for that game? What didn't you like about it? I only ask because its one of the games I was sort of looking forward to playing on the xbone, and that list isn't a big list. Well yeah its Assassins Creed IV and Titanfall. Hence me not rushing to the shops just yet for an xbone.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:00 pm

I think it could be that I've just finished Wolfenstein (which was crazy and fun), and I've still got Far Cry 3 (which is less crazy but still a lot of fun) and Bulletstorm (which is, again, crazy and fun) to finish, so it just seems a bit bland.
I might not be giving it much of a chance, to be honest, but realistically, if I want to play a 3rd person sandbox game, I've still got GTA V to finish, and I think I'd sooner go back to Sleeping Dogs and polish that off first.

I'll probably come back to it in the future, but I think right now I'm just regretting coughing up full price as I'm not really in the mood for it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:30 pm

I can understand that. I haven't even started Saints Row 4 yet because of the fun I am currently having on GTA5. Sleeping Dogs came up for free a few months ago on gold and playing it after GTA5...god. Not a second of gaming went by thinking, "I could be playing GTA5 now."

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:40 pm

Yeah I'll have to complete GTA V before going back to Sleeping Dogs. I just remember with that, I felt involved in the story from the start. Whereas with Watch Dogs I haven't really felt like I need (or want) to get involved at the moment.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:16 pm

I'm loving Watchdogs it's great fun! the only thing letting it down is the same thing as GTA5 and that's the shit radio stations/soundtrack i mean Public Enemy is the only artist i like and it isn't even one of their best songs, Other than that it's a great game and i'd highly recommend it.