Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Cumbrian Doom
Consort of the Beast

Re: Motorsport Enthusiasts Corner

Postby Cumbrian Doom » Tue May 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Noodle wrote:Watched all 5 MotoGP highlights on ITV now. Dear me, if that's the quality of commentary for the highlights, I feel sorry for those who bought a BT package for it. Bring it back to the BBC :(

Great to see Lowes doing well in World Superbikes.

Marquez: Bloody hell, what a rider! Great to see Rossi back in form!

BTCC: I'm impressed with Andrew Jordan, Gordon Sheddon and Jack Goff. Nice to see Colin Turkington back at the front. I'm amazed Thruxton haven't put in a more effective barrier on that corner. Any one of those crashes could have ended up so much worse. A wall of loose tyres doesn't seem to be particularly effective at absorbing the energy of a 140mph touring car safely...

F1: Well, I think we have this year's champions. It's fortunate that there's enough going on behind them to keep things exciting

I think Rosberg has the ability to challenge, but it has to be getting to him that Lewis can hold him off.

Yeah there we're some spectacular incidents at that corner, the barrier is barely worthy of the name. I like Andrew Jordan too but i was hoping for more from Menu and Giovanardi!

You should watch V* Supercars, you can Youtube it all. Absolutely mental!!
NORTHERN DARKNESS is a printed quarterly Metal Magazine covering Black, Doom, Old School Death, Thrash, Heavy & Speed Metal. Interviews, reviews, a black metal cat comic strip and more... ISSUE 6 WILL BE OUT OCTOBER 1ST 2015

http://northerndarknessprintzine.bigcartel.com

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed May 21, 2014 6:12 am

Menu needs at least a year to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully he'll stick at it to next year.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Cumbrian Doom
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cumbrian Doom » Wed May 21, 2014 6:34 am

Noodle wrote:Menu needs at least a year to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully he'll stick at it to next year.

True! I was well chuffed when I heard he was coming back. back to the glory days!! Did you know James Thompson is still racing in WTCC with Yvan Muller?
NORTHERN DARKNESS is a printed quarterly Metal Magazine covering Black, Doom, Old School Death, Thrash, Heavy & Speed Metal. Interviews, reviews, a black metal cat comic strip and more... ISSUE 6 WILL BE OUT OCTOBER 1ST 2015

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed May 21, 2014 9:07 am

Cumbrian Doom wrote:I think Rosberg has the ability to challenge, but it has to be getting to him that Lewis can hold him off.

If you look at their on track battles this season, Rosberg has been giving Hamilton room, while Hamilton has been cutting Rosberg up at every opportunity. I think there's an element of ruthlessness that defines winners, and my guess is that Rosberg either has or will soon acquire that as he gets more and more pissed of at coming second. I think the outcome in future races may well be different. He's been too nice so far, but the way Hamilton's been behaving, I can't see that lasting.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Cumbrian Doom
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cumbrian Doom » Wed May 21, 2014 9:54 am

Tet wrote:
Cumbrian Doom wrote:I think Rosberg has the ability to challenge, but it has to be getting to him that Lewis can hold him off.

If you look at their on track battles this season, Rosberg has been giving Hamilton room, while Hamilton has been cutting Rosberg up at every opportunity. I think there's an element of ruthlessness that defines winners, and my guess is that Rosberg either has or will soon acquire that as he gets more and more pissed of at coming second. I think the outcome in future races may well be different. He's been too nice so far, but the way Hamilton's been behaving, I can't see that lasting.

Yeah especially in Bahrain. I don't think Lewis has crossed the line at all but he is definitely more aggressive.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed May 28, 2014 2:06 pm

This is what I was doing at the weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DWD66H-Y2w

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Wed May 28, 2014 4:11 pm

Cumbrian Doom wrote:I'm loving the new F1 season with Hamilton winning :-D However getting back into BTCC this year as well as WTCC and Australian V8 Supercars. Anyone watch these?

My Dad lives across the road from Craig Lownes's Dad in Melbourne,and he was crestfallen when he left Ford to join Holden :lol:
You should try being dead...

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Wed May 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Caught the BTCC at Thruxton on the tellybox, was a good weekend. Oulton next! So many track days / drift sessions being taught there this year. Might have to check it out next year.
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Cumbrian Doom
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cumbrian Doom » Thu May 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Yeah I'm looking forward to Oulton. I've been watching the Indycars too, it's pretty good.

Yeah what is the deal with the Ford/Holden rivalry? They can give football hooligans a run for their money haha

Anyone got any thoughts on the Mercedes feud in F1?

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Thu May 29, 2014 5:10 pm

My Uncle (A Ford Fan) actually came to blows with a Holden fan at Bathurst a few years back :lol:

It was getting so bad that they started limiting the amount of beer you can take to Bathurst to something like 48 cans,but because for 50 weeks of the year it's a public road,fans were turning up in the middle of the night the week before and burying their beer so they'd have more at the event :lol:
You should try being dead...

Cumbrian Doom
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cumbrian Doom » Thu May 29, 2014 8:41 pm

Haha aye I heard about that! I'd love to go to Bathurst though!!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:06 am

What a race!!!

Rosberg nursing his car home to second place while Hamilton couldn't take care of his, Ricardo's first win, both Williams and Force India having a strong showing even if it ended in that big crash at the end, plenty of overtaking, great inter-mercedes battle before they started having issues too. :D

Button finishing 4th (considering the current McLaren) is pretty decent too!
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Yep. Very happy that Canada has signed an extension for another 10 years. It has produced some of the most enjoyable races of the last few years and this was no exception.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Danroush wrote:What a race!!!

Rosberg nursing his car home to second place while Hamilton couldn't take care of his, Ricardo's first win, both Williams and Force India having a strong showing even if it ended in that big crash at the end, plenty of overtaking, great inter-mercedes battle before they started having issues too. :D

Button finishing 4th (considering the current McLaren) is pretty decent too!

*So far, only Alonso's race engineer has pronounced his Italian originating surname correctly: "Richyardo"

Anyway, brilliant race! Only things to add are that I don't think Maldonardo will be back next year, which I think would upset nobody, and shame about Max Chiltern's amazing finishing record. Indeed none of the "new" teams were able to finish.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Noodle wrote:*So far, only Alonso's race engineer has pronounced his Italian originating surname correctly: "Richyardo"

Nope. It may be Italian in origin, but it's pronounced "Rick-arr-doh". Thus spake the man himself.