What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
sugarmouse
Warrior of Metal

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby sugarmouse » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:17 pm

NeglectedField wrote:I don't think you're being a dick really, if someone's behaviour is frustrating then naturally you're gonna vent about it.

sugarmouse wrote:I do know he isn't interested in cooking, though. He lives off cookies and the odd slice of toast and often has said he doesn't know how I can be bothered with cooking at all.

The fuck :| I mean, we were all bad as students (assuming you both are) but even in my avoidant student halls days I ensured I got the odd bit of fruit & veg in me, etc. And chances are he hates your mess, grumbles about it in private but puts up with it because he fancies you, judging by what else you've said about him.

Nope neither of us are students!He's a middle aged business man. I've always loved cooking, even when I was a student although I did eat a fair bit of crap, too back then! He doesn't really understand food. He didn't know what an avocado was, and he was going to the shop once and asked did I want anything, I asked for some salsa and he asked me what it was, what colour it was (he didn't know what it was, basically).

Also I once said he could have some of my popadums, and he tried to eat them straight out of the packet without cooking them and then text me to say 'These popadums are disgusting I have put them in the bin' :p

Applecore wrote:
NeglectedField wrote:I don't think you're being a dick really, if someone's behaviour is frustrating then naturally you're gonna vent about it.

:)

This, tbh. I used to bitch about my flatmate all the time on here.
As far as I'm concerned, it's better to bitch/talk about someone's annoying behavior to a bunch of people who don't know them than it is to do the same behind their back to people who do know them.

Noodle wrote:
*long quotes*

Let me assure you I find none of your actions to be dickish. We'rr perfectly capable of airing our own grumblings that are glued to the trivial end of the scale. Your situation has the potential to make things unbearably awkward for one or both of you if it goes wrong, so venting your frustration appears to have been useful for you on this occasion.

The others may well be right in that he does want to plunger your plughole. He may just need a bit of life coaching, and you could perhaps use him to help get cooking done. He'd learn how to skin a carrot and warm it up, you get to order a minion around.

I think it is, too. I don't want to actually upset him, he's irritating to me but he isn't a horrible person or anything-we just clash a lot!

Haha plunger down the plughole!I am SO using that one!!
We're all ****ed. It helps to remember this.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Skin a carrot and warm it up. Using that one Noodle. :yes:

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:32 pm

People are cocks. Fed up.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Missed Emperor, watched Amon Amarth instead.

Fuck me these boys are dull.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:29 am

Funny turn at work before I even open the shop. Fuck this.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:48 am

^ Hope you are ok.

Really don't want to do anything today, but I have a buttload of washing up to do, and another session on the books. Fucking joy.

AlixB
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby AlixB » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:15 pm

I skipped King Diamond and W.A.S.P. at Wacken because I had a big day planned on Saturday and I was sure King Diamond was playing other festivals...wrong :evil:

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Fucking landlord needs to get his act together and sort us out some proper paperwork for this new tenant before they decide to drop out.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:25 am

I must have slept awkwardly yesterday, I am hobbling around like a little old man. Back's in bits.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:27 am

Have to work until 10 tonight because of people coming to do stuff with the floor. Gash.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:12 pm

Having one of those "Holy fuck, I'm fucking lonely" nights.

Also lost momentum on that whole music/sound design thing and thinking about giving up that path for good.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 am

Get back from a week in Germany for Wacken to a bill from my factors for, how can I say, my fucked building integrity. I've only been in here a month, I don't want to have to pay over £1000 for a temporary fix dammit.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:42 pm

A I-have-nothing-to-wear panic the day before BOA. Fuuuuuccck.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:58 pm

On the packing front, all these years and I never realised how much more you can fit in if you roll rather than fold stuff. Mug.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:08 pm

NeglectedField wrote:On the packing front, all these years and I never realised how much more you can fit in if you roll rather than fold stuff. Mug.

I think that's where the laydees always go wrong. All neatly ironed and folded clothes won't fit. Just sling them in and force everything in to the corners. Plenty of room. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp