A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Noodle
I am the Law!

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Noodle » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:28 pm

NeglectedField wrote:What is it with overly bubbly women who punctuate everything they say by bursting out in laughter?

Subconscious nervous twitch. Says the expert of subtle human psychology...
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:08 am

NeglectedField wrote:Doubt it, she'd just come to view the room. Grated on the senses a bit.

Probably nerves then.

My mums got that problem. Whenever she gets nervous she starts doing this weird, over the top laugh at everything.

Korthkor
Warrior of Metal
Location: Ghaarenkor (town), Uttorutrothokor (region), Karthon (nation), Ulaan (planet), Mulahai (star system)

Postby Korthkor » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Been searching all day for free video editing software that allows you to cut and splice digital film - literally every one I've come across has lacked this quintessential feature. The free old versions of Adobe Premiere don't work as they simply crash whenever you try to run them. I must have downloaded 15 different programs today, all have no method of cutting or splicing film - which makes them about as useful as goldfish at basic arithmetic.
I looked into the eye of the fish.

BOA 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest 12, 13, 14, 15
BEER, BEER, BEERMAGEDDON! 14'

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Have you tried Wax? You might be able to do with that.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:48 am

Has gandalf had his account deleted? I've seen people quoting him on the 2014 section but no post from him?

And I know I know... I should avoid that section. Had to stop reading about bin jousting before I slapped someone..
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:51 pm

I think you're right. What caused that then?

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:54 pm

He posted a few months ago about getting a caution from the webmaster for absolutely no reason, he's most likely been deleted because the Admins are idiots.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:57 pm

Lee noticed the admin had removed him (and any trace that he had on the moderator log, which I think Aaaarrrrgggghhhh managed to get a screenshot of) shortly after it happened. None of us know what's gone on. None of us are able to contact gandalf the red to find out.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:04 pm

Noodle wrote:Lee noticed the admin had removed him (and any trace that he had on the moderator log, which I think Aaaarrrrgggghhhh managed to get a screenshot of) shortly after it happened. None of us know what's gone on. None of us are able to contact gandalf the red to find out.

:(

That sucks, an absolute shame. He's a nice bloke, just argumentative.

Beardy's probably your best bet in getting in touch with him. I'd ask him in person at Bloodstock but I'd need a translator...
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:57 pm

He hasn't done anything serious enough to get him banned surely? He must have requested for his account to be deleted. Watch out though, he's probably respawned with another username. Been alot of new faces around here. Watching you guys ;)

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:51 pm

This is news to me as well. Just returned after being away for a few days and found that my account has disappeared. I haven't had any emails from anyone saying why my account has been deleted.

I haven't posted anything wrong as far as I know. My last posts were on Thursday. The only thing I posted then that was a bit rude was the 'half thong' photos that had been in all the newspapers and are still on the Forum in quotes. There are far worse photos in that thread.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:44 pm

We have a clear way of working between the mods and myself and any potential 'punitive' action is discussed between ourselves and only taken when we have come to a unanimous decision. None of us were consulted or aware this had happened so you could say we are all somewhat 'unhappy' about this. I am looking into it.
WARNING:!
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.
These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Thank you. :yes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Lee Bloodstock
Dark Overlord

Postby Lee Bloodstock » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:50 pm

How long had you been a member and any idea what your postcount was? Also, someone mentioned you had received a previous warning....can you PM me an outline of what this was for (you might need to make a couple more posts to activate the PM function first....)
WARNING:!

The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion.

These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.

Reader discretion is advised.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:56 pm

My postcount was approximately 8000+ and I've been a member since 2007 or so, but didn't post regularly until about 5 years or so, as I didn't have a computer until then.