Bands post Main Stage headliner

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
GTFCMike
Definitely Not Nu

Bands post Main Stage headliner

Postby GTFCMike » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Satan playing a full set after Megadeth on the Sophie Lancaster stage demonstrates that it can be done. In my humble opinion, a band would be better than the DJ's and would make being in the tent a little more worthwhile.

Thoughts?
Come on Bloodstock. You know you want to. Hypocrisy. Sort it, Bloodstock! ;)

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Re: Bands post Main Stage headliner

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:44 pm

A band on the Sophie stage would be a hell of a lot better than the 4 Plebs of the Apocalypse.
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:44 pm

I presume that there is a curfew on bands as stipulated in their licence, and they may well have been fined for going over. Any variation would have to be advertised and could be objected to, so may not be quite so simple.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:01 pm

No thanks. Happy enough with a day finishing 11pm, might give me a bit of chillout time at the tent then if I'm not too tired. Don't want the same thing as European fests where bands go on till stupid hours in the morning. An 11 finish is fine for me.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:32 pm

So we have gone from wanting a band on at the same time as a headliner to wanting a band AFTER the headliner

GTFCMike
Definitely Not Nu

Postby GTFCMike » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Indeed, Blake. Why not? It's proven to be successful at many a festival abroad. It'd be better than the three hour ordeal that is the DJ's.
Come on Bloodstock. You know you want to. Hypocrisy. Sort it, Bloodstock! ;)

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:10 pm

Makes sense to me if the licence they have is okay to cover it. Could see 2nd stage "headliner" playing an earlier slot where they finish in the middle of the main stage headliner. Then, when main stage headliner finishes, another band plays for around an hour on the second stage.

Example:
2nd Stage Headliner 2030 - 2200
Main Stage headliner 2115 - 2245
2nd Stage 'After Party' Band 2255 - 2355.

This way, you keep your alternative to the headliner, you give the mainstage headliner 45 minutes unopposed for the business end of their set and you can have music on later :)

tmcgoay
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby tmcgoay » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:13 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:So we have gone from wanting a band on at the same time as a headliner to wanting a band AFTER the headliner

yes, bands in the SL tent till midnight, stand up comedy till 1am, live band karaoke till 2am and then the dj's still getting a 3hr set.
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18, '19
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18, '19
SRS '12
EMFA '20

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Makes sense to me if the licence they have is okay to cover it. Could see 2nd stage "headliner" playing an earlier slot where they finish in the middle of the main stage headliner. Then, when main stage headliner finishes, another band plays for around an hour on the second stage.

Example:
2nd Stage Headliner 2030 - 2200
Main Stage headliner 2115 - 2245
2nd Stage 'After Party' Band 2255 - 2355.

This way, you keep your alternative to the headliner, you give the mainstage headliner 45 minutes unopposed for the business end of their set and you can have music on later :)

If it was to be done; this is it.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

StonerWizzard
Definitely Not Nu

Postby StonerWizzard » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Presumably the curfew is based on noise levels? If it is they could easily keep bands playing on the Sophie stage until late, even if they have to be turned down a little bit- the DJs can't be much quieter.
Stand up comedy would also be great for the late slots. Basically, anything other than the 4 DJs playing their iTunes playlist of "Worst Ever 1990s-2000s Metal"
actual hipster emo scum that still thinks his views on metal are worth commenting. deafheaven, baroness, blind guardian, kvelertak and converge pls

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:28 pm

GTFCMike wrote:Indeed, Blake. Why not? It's proven to be successful at many a festival abroad. It'd be better than the three hour ordeal that is the DJ's.

Oh, I wouldn't complain at all if this were to happen. Just find it funny is all :P

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:59 pm

StonerWizzard wrote:Presumably the curfew is based on noise levels? If it is they could easily keep bands playing on the Sophie stage until late, even if they have to be turned down a little bit- the DJs can't be much quieter.
Stand up comedy would also be great for the late slots. Basically, anything other than the 4 DJs playing their iTunes playlist of "Worst Ever 1990s-2000s Metal"

The DJ's always sound as loud as the bands when I pass on the way back to the tent, so I don't understand the logic of the curfew to be honest.

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:00 am

euantehclansman wrote:
StonerWizzard wrote:Presumably the curfew is based on noise levels? If it is they could easily keep bands playing on the Sophie stage until late, even if they have to be turned down a little bit- the DJs can't be much quieter.

The DJ's always sound as loud as the bands when I pass on the way back to the tent, so I don't understand the logic of the curfew to be honest.

Conversely during the day can hear Sophie Stage bands at the tents semi clearly. Can barely hear the DJs from there.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:So we have gone from wanting a band on at the same time as a headliner to wanting a band AFTER the headliner

:lol: I can just imagine the post-festival organiser's meeting, moaning that we forumers are never happy and indecisive and we should make our minds up, and whingemoan, whine whine, ungrateful bastards, etc.

Anyway, variety is a word the Sophie stage and 4DJOTA crew are a fan of, so perhaps this could be something actually planned as a change to next year, replacing some bloke called Dave bashing a drum kit solo for 5 long, boring egotistical minutes on Bloodstock's Got (Barely Any) Talent.

I'm all for it. Maybe book a 'mystery' band that's only revealed when they set up, similar to what Download sometimes do.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:08 pm

A comedian would work better for me. Bloodstocks got no Talent and Karoake hold no interest for me at all, and I think it'd be the same for anyone who isn't friends with someone taking part, so a comedian is a step up. Don't need a band though, I guess I wouldn't moan, but funds might be an issue. It's not really something I care about either way to be honest, we have a band clashing with a headliner, thats enough for me.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!