What has made you happy today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Re: What has made you happy today

Postby fluffymoo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 am

Third and last night in a row where I'm in charge of the evening events. Can't wait until it's over and I can have a proper evening again. Having time to have dinner with Rich tomorrow will be nice :D

Ndnd
Denim Demon

Postby Ndnd » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:01 am

Off to Barcelona in a couple of weeks and when I get back I am heading off again to go to Piedmont to visit Sigurd's Vineyard. Great *hic* times ahead!!
Mau Mau
Noodle wrote:Darkweasel, Kim or sig in 3.... 2...

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:04 am

Well it's a bit of a good but at the same time bad thing but it sort of chirped me up a tad. We're doing mock German exams this week and next and today I managed for the Reading and listening part a B1...just. 34 marks out of 45 and the B2 grade is from 33. What makes me unhappy is I feel that my speaking side which we didn't do today will let me down. Having such a poor partner whom I cannot prepare with as she's not there until the day of the exam being the sole reason for this too. I have been told that if I don't get a B1 for the speaking side, then the whole exam will be an A2 or worse. So I take from it what I can, I have resigned myself to an A2 grade, and the positives are that that is a pass, I would dearly love to get the B1 grade and ill do what I can, but as long as I get something I should be happy about this.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:06 am

Ndnd wrote:Off to Barcelona in a couple of weeks and when I get back I am heading off again to go to Piedmont to visit Sigurd's Vineyard. Great *hic* times ahead!!

Barcelonaaaaaaaa!

Can't hear that name without thinking of Freddie Mercury's song with Montserrat Caballé from the 1992 Olympics.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:41 am

MetalBeast wrote:
Ndnd wrote:Off to Barcelona in a couple of weeks and when I get back I am heading off again to go to Piedmont to visit Sigurd's Vineyard. Great *hic* times ahead!!

Barcelonaaaaaaaa!

Can't hear that name without thinking of Freddie Mercury's song with Montserrat Caballé from the 1992 Olympics.

I can't here that song without thinking of Man United losing in the Champions League final. Twice. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:16 pm

My friend from Poland brings me news that his wife has given birth to a baby boy. Hoping to meet the little fella next year some time when I manage to march over the Odra once again. :)

bloodfiend
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:57 pm

Getting sacked from my job, yay!!

This is a good thing - I hated the job and the manger treated me like shit, they were chronically underpaying me, and there's loads of other much better jobs in my field out there, and I've already got some interviews in line up.

Onwards and upwards!!

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:52 pm

Devin Townsend is doing an AMA on monday in /r/ProgMetal
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Busy, productive day meaning thanks and lovely feedback from my (slightly scary) mentor. Strange how you don't realise the massive negative impact people who are down themselves can have on your mood and confidence down until you get rid.

Bumcrack-smellywinkle
Consort of the Beast

Postby Bumcrack-smellywinkle » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Swiggity swude
Send me a nude

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:55 pm

36 out of 45 in todays test. Watch me fuck this right up when I do the real thing next week. :lol:

Purple n Batty
Consort of the Beast

Postby Purple n Batty » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:46 pm

Email from the boss saying she's reviewed my employment records and it's about time she signed me up to the private health care scheme which should help get to the route of my shoulder pain a lot quicker and get it fixed. That was a nice surprise as usually emails are because we've done something wrong despite her asking us to do it. :D

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Got a lot of work done today, got through the Friday afternoon M1 traffic painlessly, bagged a free lasagne/casserole dish at lunch. Little things.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Team Away Day.

Which translated to - 2 hours of moaning about the company, going for a pint and a lovely meal on the company credit card (Hench as fuck mixed grill. Everyone said they regretted their choices after seeing mine) and then a few goes at bowling. I am still bad at bowling.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:15 pm

BEER AND PIZZA.