The Wrestling Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:31 am

So Global Wrestling Force are having their first PPV on January 4th, meaning Wrestle Kingdom will be available in the US but promoted as a GWF show, not New Japan. All I can say is FUCK OFF JEFF JARRETT. Well done you proved you're still useful in the business by negotiating the deal with the PPV carriers, but that's no excuse to stick your name on the show. Assuming he'll be involved in a Bullet Club match on the card I can guarantee it will be the weakest thing on the show. He and Scott D'Amore have already made Bullet Club uncool and now he's going to do the same to the whole NJPW brand in the states. Well done you fucking clown. People are already talking about still paying more for the uStream iPPV instead of getting it for cheaper and with commentary in English just to spite you.

This also annoys me as the chances of their being an ROH World Championship match at Wrestle Kingdom pretty much just got eliminated.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:40 am

Ugh.

Also Kurt Angle said he'd have his first wrestling thing in january, so it's probably gonna be with GWF.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:13 am

RAW this week was shite. Cena/Ambrose vs Orton/Kane was the main event, because apparently they didn't notice just about everyone kicking off about seeing Cena vs Orton AGAIN last week.
Also, fun fact, Cena and Orton had their first match together in 2002. So, y'know.. stop fucking putting them against each other.

Anyway, as you were..
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:47 pm

Jobdone wrote:Ugh.

Also Kurt Angle said he'd have his first wrestling thing in january, so it's probably gonna be with GWF.

Now that I would be up for if it means he'll be wrestling in the Tokyo Dome on the 4th. His match with Nakamura 7 years ago was great, would love to see a rematch.
Upcoming Gigs

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:07 pm

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:56 pm

Okay, I'm only an hour in, but I gotta disagree with Craig here.

This is my favourite Raw in months so far.

The ambrose shaped hole in my heart has been filled.

"They sent the cruiser weight division after me"

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Okay, admittedly I then just skipped 30 minutes because nothing I cared about was happening.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:39 pm

The only good bit for me was Ambrose's antics. But they replayed his antics so much that I stopped enjoying it.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:35 am

Another Tokyo Dome rumour floating about is Wanderlei Silva coming into team with Sakuraba as PRIDE-GUN against Suzuki-GUN. As always with MMA crossovers I'm a bit wary, especially as Silva is clearly in it for the money given that he walked out of UFC only a few days ago. Still, Sakuraba has been impressive thus far except for the shit match against the Gracies, and if there's anyone who can draw a good match out of an opportunist like Silva its Minoru Suzuki. He's the only guy aside from Lesnar and Dan Severn to ever be a world champion in both sports after all.
Upcoming Gigs

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:12 am

Applecore wrote:The only good bit for me was Ambrose's antics. But they replayed his antics so much that I stopped enjoying it.

Yeah I ended up skipping through the rest of the show tbh.

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:10 am

WWE have apologised to any Russians offended by Big Show ripping down the Russian flag during the Rusev promo. Yet said nothing when people kicked off about Lana mentioning that downed flight the other month..

Way to show some balls, guys :lol:
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Applecore
Denim Demon

Postby Applecore » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:45 am

Decided not to renew my WWE Network subscription for the next month. I've only been watching NXT and old PPVs on it (as well as Night of Champions), and realistically I can live without the old PPVs and just download NXT/watch it on tv once I figure out the delay between Network and Foxtel.
I was also watching The Monday Night War, but it's actually started to get on my nerves with how often they're repeating themselves, and discussing things out of order. While it's cool to get the whole Stone Cold Steve Austin story in one hour block, he's had more than one documentary that's told the same story. I'd rather see each episode dedicated to a year or two during the conflict and hear how each event/wrestler/promotion brought things along.

Anyway, I might renew in time for Hell in a Cell, to save scrambling for a torrent as soon as it ends and trying to avoid spoilers (though I'm finding it hard to give a fuck), but then I might not.
Buy me a beer at:
8-11/8 - Bloodstock

Bearstock
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearstock » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:37 pm

I have an ever growing feeling that by the time we get the "Network" it's gonna end up more like an additional Sky Sports channel, similar to how the have the channel for Forumula One now.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:53 pm

you can easily get it now anyway, so if that is the case you can still get the proper network. i believe it is a tv channel in canada.

Bearstock
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearstock » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:44 pm

CrappyMike wrote:you can easily get it now anyway, so if that is the case you can still get the proper network. i believe it is a tv channel in canada.

I'm a bit skeptical that once it's officially available over here they'll clamp down on "other" methods of access.

I made a playlist of songs from 1990-2004 the other day, mix of hard rock, metal and soft rock like.

Got a nice little section of wrestling related songs. Just reminding me of all sorts of stuff.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5