TV: Current and Recent

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Re: TV: Current and Recent

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:10 pm

I love Modern Family but can't help but notice the amount of recycled and tweaked Frasier storylines it comes up with.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:53 pm

New series of NCIS. 'Mon Gibbs.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:49 am

First episode of Agent Carter was good fun, seems to have hit the ground running a lot more than Agents of SHIELD (which I did catch up on and ended up enjoying a lot once past the first dozen episodes or so!).

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:38 pm

I'm half a decade behind the rest of the world but I'm really enjoying Chuck at the moment.

After that, I've got a choice of Arrow, Gotham, The Flash, Constantine to watch, as well as The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones all to start up in the next few months I'm not sure how far I'll get through them.

Anyone suggest a good order to watch the in (apart from the obvious Arrow before Flash)?
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Second episode of Agent Carter... this show is a winner. Highly recommended for fans of the Marvel Studio movies, Hayley Atwell is a sparkling lead and has great chemistry with an enormously entertaining Jarvis (the proper one, not just his voice !). This is really good fun, I'm really looking forward to Daredevil if they keep up this quality.

Skippy
Paster of Muppets

Postby Skippy » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:14 am

Soze wrote:Second episode of Agent Carter... this show is a winner. Highly recommended for fans of the Marvel Studio movies, Hayley Atwell is a sparkling lead and has great chemistry with an enormously entertaining Jarvis (the proper one, not just his voice !). This is really good fun, I'm really looking forward to Daredevil if they keep up this quality.

See, as things stand I have no intention of watching it. Almost ANYTHING that's a prequel to something else is a bad idea for me, there's only so much scope to do anything. Particularly something that ties so closely into the films and Agents of Shield. I just don't understand the point of the series, particularly as Agent Carter didn't really strike me as all that important or amazing a character in Captain America anyway. I think I might just give that a miss.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:14 am

Well, it's your loss! It's significantly better than AoS so far. I'm not a fan of prequels but I see this as more a sequel to Captain America than a prequel to what else is going on in the Marvel Universe.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:04 pm

So Richard Armitage is going to be Dolarhyde in Hannibal for season 3:

https://tvline.com/2015/01/13/hannibal- ... dolarhyde/

Really looking forward to the next series, although massively disappointed that Michael Pitt isn't going to be Mason Verger this time around as I thought he was fantastic.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:13 pm

[SPOILERS]Oh shit, so we're gonna catch Hannibal and get Red Dragon done in the same season. noice.[/SPOILERS]

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Soze wrote:Well, it's your loss! It's significantly better than AoS so far.

No it isn't, but it is very good.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Darkweasel wrote:
Soze wrote:Well, it's your loss! It's significantly better than AoS so far.

No it isn't, but it is very good.

I should have clarified...I was talking about at this stage in AoS life. Let's be honest, that show was borderline terrible for it's first three months and didn't really pick up until about the 15th/16th episodes. Admittedly since then it's been very good to excellent but these first 2 episodes of Agent Carter are absolutely streets ahead of the majority of AoS's first season. The 2 main leads have more charisma than the entire cast of Shield put together had in that time!

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Fair point, and agreed. :yes:

Bearstock
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Bearstock » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Clarke in The 100 is potentially the most insufferably irritating lead character Ive seen in a show in ages!
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Darkweasel
Denim Demon

Postby Darkweasel » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:38 am

American Horror Story tried its best this week, but basically just killed more people simply because it could. If everyone was to die next week, I honestly wouldn't give a shit.

Parks and Recreation is back! With two episodes in one night. :D
Chris Pratt still has a decent sized role (for now anyway) but the star of the show, for the first time ever, was Jamm. Ron had a couple of quality moments of course, but Jamm just made that second part his own.
Tom's just starting to piss me off now though. Get him a girlfriend and fuck him off. Even Larry/Jerry/Terry is more interesting.

Luke_X
Denim Demon

Postby Luke_X » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:53 am

Black Sails - didn't know what to expect and thought it would be a load of shit like Vikings but this surprisingly really good. I highly recommend if someone is looking for a good pirate story. Wondering how they will build up to Treasure Island.