The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Fjar » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Congrats! :D
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:08 pm

Congrats Moorich! (portmanteau, deal with it)

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Woah. Congratulations!

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:51 pm

fluffymoo wrote:8 year anniversary today, it feels slightly surreal but incredibly awesome.

Nice one!
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Bloody hell, congratulations guys, that's awesome :D

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:44 pm

I have a date next week (after months of trying with this girl) and now I'm wondering what's the best course of action. She's generally quite laid back but I want to make sure it's a great first date, so do I go in with a plan of action (like were going here, here and here etc not in the rude way obviously but I just want to make sure everything goes great) or offer her "I've got some ideas but we could just see where things go etc"?

Normally I'm ok with these kind of decisions but after months of anticipation I feel the pressure is on more now than never

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:41 pm

houston4044 wrote:I have a date next week (after months of trying with this girl) and now I'm wondering what's the best course of action. She's generally quite laid back but I want to make sure it's a great first date, so do I go in with a plan of action (like were going here, here and here etc not in the rude way obviously but I just want to make sure everything goes great) or offer her "I've got some ideas but we could just see where things go etc"?

Normally I'm ok with these kind of decisions but after months of anticipation I feel the pressure is on more now than never

The first option. Avoid floundering about.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:27 pm

Take her to a lovely restaurant, and then speed off as fast as you can so you can make it home in time for Pointless. Don't want to get stuck paying for someone else to eat fuck that. If you want to be really romantic, offer to pick her up after she's finished eating so long as it doesn't coincide with the One Show or Eastenders.

houston4044
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Moonburp wrote:
houston4044 wrote:I have a date next week (after months of trying with this girl) and now I'm wondering what's the best course of action. She's generally quite laid back but I want to make sure it's a great first date, so do I go in with a plan of action (like were going here, here and here etc not in the rude way obviously but I just want to make sure everything goes great) or offer her "I've got some ideas but we could just see where things go etc"?

The first option. Avoid floundering about.

:yes: thanks, im nervous about it :lol:

Turbo wrote:Take her to a lovely restaurant, and then speed off as fast as you can so you can make it home in time for Pointless. Don't want to get stuck paying for someone else to eat fuck that. If you want to be really romantic, offer to pick her up after she's finished eating so long as it doesn't coincide with the One Show or Eastenders.

:lol:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:48 pm

Thank me later m8.

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:49 am

Decided to stop being a pizza on Tinder. Normal service of dying alone will resume.

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:23 pm

Pizza date not go well then?

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Nah I reckon he ran out of puns :P
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Smindas
Denim Demon

Postby Smindas » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Ha, I had a good couple of dates with someone, but that kind of fizzled out unfortunately. But, in general, I was getting an exhausting amount of matches and, as Jim guessed, was starting to run out of puns. There's only so many times you can use the same puns on different people and not start feeling like you're going a little insane.

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:55 pm

If it doesn't work out dating the female version of Tim then I'm well giving it a go.

Third date tomorrow, she's unhappy I haven't seen all the Star Wars films so wants me at some point to go to hers and watch them. Original, not remastered (naturally) and she has them on VHS... and a working VHS player....

She also wants to show me her local and because it's an hours drive for me I'm welcome to stay at hers so I don't have to drive back and not drink.

I'll update when that occurs so you can laugh at me for getting the wrong end of the stick and ending up on her couch. 8)
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014