Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next announcement

Postby Baldy77 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I think it was more that it was always used on comedy programmes such as Monty Python and The Goodies as a funny English place and they always used "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" on angry made up letters. So I thought they had made it up. :lol:

hahaha hilarious, definately not made up unless I live in make believe land :rolleyes:

the forum is a very good small (very small) venue and actually has some decent bands (Napalm Death and of course the Anti Nowhere League), also used to be a brass rubbing centre.............. :rock:

slayer666
Definitely Not Nu

Postby slayer666 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Just received new copy of metal hammer and in it there is a new BOA advert with black label society in line up with own logo so I presume sunday special guest ???
Bang the head that doesnt bang, if it's too loud you're too old !!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:22 pm

slayer666 wrote:Just received new copy of metal hammer and in it there is a new BOA advert with black label society in line up with own logo so I presume sunday special guest ???

Guessing it could've been planned to announce them *after* the UK tour in a couple of weeks? :lol:

If it is them, will mean all 3 special guests are bands that just did a UK tour before playing the festival. Probably good business in terms of cost of the band, but considering the amount of attendees that are also regular gig goers, it's not brilliant in terms of not wanting to see the same band over and over, especially considering there's already a lot of repeats in the lineup.

On the other hand I do like them, so at least it's another band to watch on the Sunday :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:27 pm

slayer666 wrote:Just received new copy of metal hammer and in it there is a new BOA advert with black label society in line up with own logo so I presume sunday special guest ???

Yay, more Bloodstock Arms time! :P

Where they the only difference to the current line up or were there other additions lower down?

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Bloody hell-Black Label Society?.If they are special guests on the Sunday then that day will be almost a complete write-off for me-unless the Sophie Stage comes up trumps of course.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Yet another unasked for Download band? :rolleyes:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=81107
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:53 pm

Hmm - quite liked their last album and bought a ticket for their tour because of it and the decent supports, so I'm alright with it, particular as it now looks like I'll be in the Middle East when its on. As for a Download band, they're miles away from being an archetypal DL band and any other band of their type would have no issues playing BOA, just the Ozzy connection and better management made them more well known.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:23 pm

Don't massively hate them, and as special guests there are far worse bands (for me) that I was kind of expecting, but they aren't anything special either - I'd definitely put them down as just another shitty Download type band. At least they didn't play 2 years ago like other special guests though.

Can anyone upload a picture of this advert? Not sure they'd be big enough for special guests myself.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm

Black Label Society are a terrible chore of a band. If they are the special guests this year they really have done their best to shit all over the more traditional BOA crowd. Why are they trying to fit into the Download market? Sonisphere has proven that's a dumb idea.

That would make 1 of the top 6 bands of the weekend one I'd like to watch, and even then I've seen them in both 2013 and 2014 so it's not particularly exciting.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Same here with the one main band. And Sunday looks like a lost cause at the moment.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:28 pm

CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:30 pm

BLS? *shudder* Think I'd rather have a second Trivium set than that.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:02 pm

fluffkitten wrote:BLS? *shudder* Think I'd rather have a second Trivium set than that.

Now, now. Let's not go mad and say things that we regret later.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:17 pm

A casual fan of bls and having seen them before they are ok, problem is that half of the set is wylde soloing which gets boring after 5 minutes so it's going to be an anti-climatic end to the day.

A few thoughts though
-whose idea was it to book the top 6 acts who played the same festival the year before and why?
-all top 6 acts have toured the uk in the last 2 years, if you wanted to see them by now you've had a few chances
-i was expecting something....different. bls just seem.... meh, nothing special

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:35 pm

houston4044 wrote:-whose idea was it to book the top 6 acts who played the same festival the year before and why?

I wouldn't have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out. Add in Sepultura and Orange Goblin and you've got quite a slice of Download 2014. I feel a bit sick now. :ugh: