The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jobdone
Denim Demon

Re: The Relationships Thread

Postby Jobdone » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Moonburp wrote:
Just don't write an albums worth of songs about them. Doesn't help.

Shit, I should probably stop work on "Burned out too soon: An Ode to Fleshlights Gone By" then

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:05 pm

I love the smell of burning rubber.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:21 pm

"I'm not crying about you, it's just water based lube" was gonna be my break out hit :(

Jim
Denim Demon

Postby Jim » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:51 pm

Are you the ghost writer for Kunt and the Gang?
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:37 pm

I once went out with an inflatable woman. I had to let her down gently....

:eyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Moonburp wrote:
Danroush wrote:It's been over a year since it ended but I still have semi frequent dreams about the (only) girl that left me at the start of last year. I don't have her on fb, she's currently back in Spain so I don't see her or anything, there's no reason to think about her yet I can't get the thought of her fully out of my head and I don't know why. :(

Even though we weren't together for long, we clicked perfectly as soon as we met. She was the first person I'd ever truly loved (could also use the phrase "in love with" but sometimes the phrasing of love and in love changes meaning for some so not quite sure which to use), and I was a complete mess after she ended it last year

Reason she ended it: she is very work focused and I wanted to see her all the time whereas she felt she needed to be working a lot of the time which is fair enough considering she's a top of her year law student back there, and she had also recently got out of a 2 1/2 year relationship when she came over, so she wasn't really in the right place to jump into something, especially as she would be leaving back to Spain that summer.

After a period of not speaking we became friends again, and after a long chat we somewhat came to a conclusion of "right people, wrong time," and when she moved back we were in occasional contact, throwing messages here and there, but after a while I felt like she wasn't really making the level of effort I would consider enough to be a proper friend, and due to the history between us I felt it was better to not have her on fb as a "kinda" friend reminding me of things, but since deleting her, she's now even more stuck in my dreams again, the weird part being I don't even think about her during the day, yet I often wake up feeling shit because of yet another dream.

I know it's pathetic to still be this hung up on someone, but it just makes me feel so shit :(

Fuck, this rings true. Spanish girls get under your skin, bro.

I know it's impossible to think about moving on and that you'll never really find anyone who got you in the same way but you will. The worst thing you can do is spend years hung up on the same person, spending hours on the 'what ifs' and 'if onlys', especially if you have no way to contact them. Deleting them from Facebook is a really good move, props on you for doing that. Maybe I'll do the same one day. Moving on is really hard, but you just gotta live your life like it never happened. Brutal, but needed. You got this, man.

Just don't write an albums worth of songs about them. Doesn't help.

As you probably guessed, she was the reason for the "exes as friends" posts a few weeks ago, so hopefully the dreams will ease off again over the next couple of months, it's just a pain that they hadn't gone already after so long, as dreams like that were part of the reason for deciding to delete her.

I told her beforehand and mentioned I felt I didn't want to stay "kinda" friends in some kind of superficial limbo but never having any proper conversations (used to enjoy having long discussions involving me calling her "evil lawyer" and her calling me "lefty hippie" etcetc, in a jokey way of course) and she just responded by calling me "needy" for suggesting we didn't talk properly these days. :(
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:20 pm

I managed to go on a date yesterday. Being able to say that feels weird, but it went well :yes:

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:39 pm

Congrats man! Fist bumps your way. Yeah dating is still a bit weird for me, but fun weird? Still a bit terrifying though. In a similar vein of success I finally got with someone I've fancied for a while now at the weekend. Who knew that all it would take for me to act like a normal person was to move out of my parents house :lol:
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:42 pm

peypea wrote:Congrats man! Fist bumps your way. Yeah dating is still a bit weird for me, but fun weird? Still a bit terrifying though. In a similar vein of success I finally got with someone I've fancied for a while now at the weekend. Who knew that all it would take for me to act like a normal person was to move out of my parents house :lol:

It felt weird for a few minutes but afterwards it just felt like having a few pints with a mate, which is all you need, right? We both had a good time and she said she was up for it again so we'll see :D

And fist bumps for you too! :yes:

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:28 pm

On another first date tomorrow as it seemingly fizzled out with the female Tim (well, never got going).

Little nervous but she's nice to chat to. Less in common but that could be good. Things to discover or some shit.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:08 pm

tranmerefan wrote:On another first date tomorrow as it seemingly fizzled out with the female Tim (well, never got going).

All that surgery for nothing :x

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:03 pm

NeglectedField wrote:
tranmerefan wrote:On another first date tomorrow as it seemingly fizzled out with the female Tim (well, never got going).

All that surgery for nothing :x

:(

I have inexplicably another first date tomorrow. The one I met last week is a nice girl but I'm just not sure.

The one I'm seeing tomorrow asked me out which is unusual. This was after about 4/5 messages between the two of us, odd but we'll see what happens.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:52 am

Why bother with all the awkward messaging when you can just go somewhere interesting, have a relaxed chat in person and see how you get on together? :yes:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:28 am

I'm pretty sure that's what he's doing?
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:39 am

Well I for one like to try and establish that the person isn't a total moron/nutjob before I agree to meet them :P
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.