Do you like this years line-up?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 93

minimustain
Warrior of Metal

Re: Overall, Do You Like This Years Lineup?

Postby minimustain » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Overall I do like the line up. I do think it's not the same type of line up boa would normally put together. What with more bands playing who do more of the festival circuit n there own tours. So as cool as it is to see them n to also see them play boa it's not as special in that way, but it means the festival is growing which is a good thing I'd love to see boa get to 20. 25 k capacity and for Judas priest n Ozzy Osbourne to headline . As long as bands like slipknot n Avenged bvb do not play then il be happy. But there are some gems this year , Bands who would do a one off London show. So be good n exciting to see them. So now boa are booking less euro bands like they used to do but its a nice mix in which to please the treditional boa fans n to gain new ones in which would help the festival evolve .I am waiting for Blind Guardian to be announced for the Saturday. It has to happen. If not them Battle beast.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:32 pm

minimustain wrote:I am waiting for Blind Guardian to be announced for the Saturday. It has to happen. If not them Battle beast.

Not going to happen, sadly.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:42 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Skippy wrote:
houston4044 wrote:I'm sure lots of metal/rock fans will know of them; and I'd go as far as to say some non-metal fans will know of say CC or Napalm Death out of novelty/controversial knowledge. The important part of how that translates to sales I don't know, but I don't think it signals a weak line up necessarily, although I concede out of that list of bands there are repeats (though apart from Sepultura none are that recent).

What??! You mean Sabaton, Belphegor, Xerath, Metaprism, Reign of Fury, Oaf, I am I, Pritchard and Dainton, Batallion, and Orange Goblin haven't played that recently? And that's only a quick glance at bands going back to 2012, the amount of repeats from years when I first went (2010) is stupid.

I meant from this list of bands

houston4044 wrote:
Napalm Death
Enslaved
Death
Sepultura
Cannibal Corpse
Within Temptation

The ones I was arguing about probably having the biggest name recognition for casual or non-metal fans

Oh right sorry, that makes more sense now.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:56 pm

minimustain wrote:Overall I do like the line up. I do think it's not the same type of line up boa would normally put together. What with more bands playing who do more of the festival circuit n there own tours. So as cool as it is to see them n to also see them play boa it's not as special in that way, but it means the festival is growing which is a good thing I'd love to see boa get to 20. 25 k capacity and for Judas priest n Ozzy Osbourne to headline . As long as bands like slipknot n Avenged bvb do not play then il be happy. But there are some gems this year , Bands who would do a one off London show. So be good n exciting to see them. So now boa are booking less euro bands like they used to do but its a nice mix in which to please the treditional boa fans n to gain new ones in which would help the festival evolve .I am waiting for Blind Guardian to be announced for the Saturday. It has to happen. If not them Battle beast.

Blind Guardian and an older classic like Venom or Angel Witch would really help balance out this years line up

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Fri May 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Tet wrote:
minimustain wrote:I am waiting for Blind Guardian to be announced for the Saturday. It has to happen. If not them Battle beast.

Not going to happen, fortunately.

Thoroughly agreed :eyes:

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat May 02, 2015 12:43 am

:lol:

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sat May 02, 2015 12:10 pm

Beardy wrote:
Tet wrote:

Thoroughly agreed :eyes:

Oh shit that's a sign of the end of time. :lol:
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Mon May 04, 2015 1:02 am

fluffkitten wrote:
Beardy wrote:

Oh shit that's a sign of the end of time. :lol:

That's quite depressing.

It's got me thinking: what will it take for me to decide to not attend Bloodstock?

I love Bloodstock. I have attended since 2008 and wished I was older in order to have attended the indoors.

This year, Trivium, Black Label Society, Rob Zombie, Godflesh, Pro Pain, Raging Speedhorn and the likes, seem to be dominating the line up.

If I was new to the festival and I came across a poster, I wouldn't really look twice as I would see those names at the top of the poster, indicating to me what the festival is about.

However, because I have been before several times, I know what Bloodstock is like to actually attend, so I look at the undercard and see massive potential and positives (Agalloch, Sabaton, Delain, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Opeth, Enslaved, Bast, Ne Obliviscaris etc) which makes me justify my attendance overall.

What it feels like, is an ex girlfriend who was amazing at the time you were with her. Maybe great sex, outgoing, liked to go out and party, but there was that one major problem that only got worse over the years and you just dont know how to break it to her that you dont want to be together anymore - especially based on your fond memories together and you end up saying 'But I love her!'.

Sorry for long post. Thinking aloud after a few bevvies!
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon May 04, 2015 1:16 am

I don't think judging any festival entirely by their headliners is fair tbh. Last year was the only time I have watched all three, and I was only really excited to see one! Before that, though, I was doing well if I bothered to watch a single one.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon May 04, 2015 1:32 pm

I don't think Lee was even judging by headliners though, more like by the entire top half of the mainstage, which seems entirely reasonable, as if that isn't very good then you can't expect much of the rest to be.

Also I agree with the girlfriend comparison :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon May 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Ah, well if that's the case then I retract my statement entirely.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue May 05, 2015 3:27 am

Its funny how everyone has such different tastes at the same festival, I have no interest in any of the bands you listed as the positives! Not that I have a problem with those bands, and I like some of the bands that you mentioned before! And what's wrong with Godflesh being on the line up? There awsome! Don't know how people seem to have a problem with bands like this when Within Temptation are headlining!
Last edited by Warlock on Tue May 05, 2015 3:35 am, edited 8 times in total.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue May 05, 2015 3:29 am

That was meant to be in reply to Leemanruss, not good on the quotes thing

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue May 05, 2015 8:48 am

I think it is great we all have different bands we want to see (or avoid). At least it makes for a healthy debate!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue May 05, 2015 2:31 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:I think it is great we all have different bands we want to see (or avoid). At least it makes for a healthy debate!

Agreed! Personally can't stand Godflesh, but I'll just be elsewhere when they are on.