A free-for-all thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Jim
Denim Demon

Re: A free-for-all thread

Postby Jim » Thu May 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
siliconfury wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:E4 has got the most interesting programme that they have ever broadcast on. A fat bloke sleeping. And now he's woken up and is dancing with a panda. :lol:

You missed a cracker on BBC4 the other night. 2 uninterrupted hours of a journey on a canal. No narration, just random facts appearing on screen, and natural sounds.

Funnily enough I would've watched that but I was in the boozer. :lol:

I dare say they'll repeat it again.

It's on iPlayer apparently:

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/dkqk6 ... canal-trip

:D
Who the hell reads anything in sigs these days, unless it's an animated gif?

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed May 13, 2015 5:54 pm

I hope they get arse raped in prison.

Two teenagers who shaved off a sleeping schoolgirl's eyebrows and hair at a house party have been detained.

The 16-year-old victim, who cannot be named due to her age, discovered long strands of her hair on the floor when she woke up.

Aiden Kendrick and Ryan Kelly, both 19 and from Newton-le-Willows, admitted causing actual bodily harm on 18 July.

They were sentenced at Liverpool Crown Court to spend 10 months in a young offenders' institute.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me ... e-32725066
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Womble
Denim Demon

Postby Womble » Wed May 13, 2015 8:18 pm

siliconfury wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:E4 has got the most interesting programme that they have ever broadcast on. A fat bloke sleeping. And now he's woken up and is dancing with a panda. :lol:

You missed a cracker on BBC4 the other night. 2 uninterrupted hours of a journey on a canal. No narration, just random facts appearing on screen, and natural sounds.

Norwegian state television often broadcasts ferry journeys, train journeys and fire burning. I asked my girlfriend (a Norwegian) if people watched it or if it was time filler. She was like "Yeah, we watch it. It's relaxing and nice background viewing. You DON'T have stuff like that here?"

It's strange to think how cultures can be so similar, but dissimulator. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_telev ... orporation

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed May 13, 2015 10:43 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I hope they get arse raped in prison.

Two teenagers who shaved off a sleeping schoolgirl's eyebrows and hair at a house party have been detained.

The 16-year-old victim, who cannot be named due to her age, discovered long strands of her hair on the floor when she woke up.

Aiden Kendrick and Ryan Kelly, both 19 and from Newton-le-Willows, admitted causing actual bodily harm on 18 July.

They were sentenced at Liverpool Crown Court to spend 10 months in a young offenders' institute.

"You shaved off someone's hair, so I hope you get raped."

JUSTICE.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Wed May 13, 2015 11:35 pm

Moonburp wrote:

JUSTICE.

Post of the year.

:lol:
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed May 13, 2015 11:51 pm

Yep.

Someone's been to tame house parties in the past. :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu May 14, 2015 12:21 am

Moonburp wrote:

JUSTICE.

So you think it's alright to assault a young girl? :rolleyes:

Bet you didn't even read the article.
He imposed a five-year restraining order on them to keep away from their victim.

In other words they've been harassing the victim since. But the leftist fuckwits side with the perpetrators instead. I'd much prefer someone to cut their fucking throat instead. That would be justice and two less scumbags.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu May 14, 2015 12:25 am

I'm not sure you understand justice
Didn't say anywhere in that article they were harassing her. Its a shitty thing to do but a 10 month sentence for shaving someone's head? Get a grip. Your suggestions are even worse.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu May 14, 2015 12:54 am

I really don't believe that anyone would think that cutting someone's hair off without their consent is alright. The other week everyone was in uproar when a forumer said she was groped when she was asleep, but when it's a stranger being abused then it's a bit of a giggle.

I'm also going on what was said on the local news. They led an internet campaign against the girl, who was subsequently bullied in school. They also have numerous convictions.

More details here.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... ir-9248516

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Thu May 14, 2015 6:26 am

There is a man that comes into work every wednesday, he's been coming in for a while, he always buys:
2 disposable cameras
2 bags of green apples
2 loafs of brown bread
And a big bag of stirfry mix

Nicest guy in the world. However, he argues on the phone, but theres no one on the phone. He just holds a phone up to his ear and argues with himself. No words even come out, just makes aggressive faces and silently has a go at his phone. When he gets the cameras developed he claims they're medical photos, but they're just close up photos he has taken of his face, eyes, mouth and hands, too blurry to even make anything out. He scares me but he's never done anything. Now he's started hitting himself in the head and yesterday asked me if we made business cards, then said alot of words very fast including 'NATO' 'Military' and 'computer hacking terrorists from America' and now I don't know what to think

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu May 14, 2015 8:16 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:I really don't believe that anyone would think that cutting someone's hair off without their consent is alright. The other week everyone was in uproar when a forumer said she was groped when she was asleep, but when it's a stranger being abused then it's a bit of a giggle.

I'm also going on what was said on the local news. They led an internet campaign against the girl, who was subsequently bullied in school. They also have numerous convictions.

More details here.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... ir-9248516

No one said it was "a giggle". People merely suggested that hoping someone would get raped was a pretty damned disgusting thing to post. It's awful what they did to the poor girl but suggesting something far worse is hardly justice.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Katesyl
Paster of Muppets

Postby Katesyl » Thu May 14, 2015 11:21 am

some_thing_wild wrote:There is a man that comes into work every wednesday, he's been coming in for a while, he always buys:
2 disposable cameras
2 bags of green apples
2 loafs of brown bread
And a big bag of stirfry mix

Nicest guy in the world. However, he argues on the phone, but theres no one on the phone. He just holds a phone up to his ear and argues with himself. No words even come out, just makes aggressive faces and silently has a go at his phone. When he gets the cameras developed he claims they're medical photos, but they're just close up photos he has taken of his face, eyes, mouth and hands, too blurry to even make anything out. He scares me but he's never done anything. Now he's started hitting himself in the head and yesterday asked me if we made business cards, then said alot of words very fast including 'NATO' 'Military' and 'computer hacking terrorists from America' and now I don't know what to think

Sounds like pretty standard psychosis (or perhaps even something like Aspergers). People are often advised to talk into a phone to voices to look more socially acceptable. If he's been like this a while I imagine he's known to professionals; if he's in the community he's probably not considered a risk except of being hugely vulnerable due to these ingrained beliefs and odd behaviours. Does sound like he could be having a relapse though.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu May 14, 2015 3:36 pm

Katesyl wrote:Sounds like pretty standard psychosis (or perhaps even something like Aspergers)

No. Asperger's Syndrome is merely a term to describe a set of behaviours for certain people that are at the less extreme end of the autism spectrum. Myself included. Common traits include an inability to recognise social clues, to read emotions in others, and sometimes physical clumsiness (fortunately, I've largely grown out of the latter). It doesn't generally include arguing with imaginary voices on the phone, hitting yourself on the head or having paranoia about computer hacking and the military.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Thu May 14, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm going to trust the mental health nurse on this one.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu May 14, 2015 4:21 pm

I was thinking the same thing there...