Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Potato-Jim » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:23 pm

This is the first steam summer sale where I can actually buy things I want. So far I got :

X-Com - Enemy Unknown and that other thing, Declassified
Nidhogg
Valiant Hearts
Shadow of Mordor
Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel
Tales of the Borderlands
Papers Please
Command & Conquer - Red Alert 3
Hotline Miami
Outlast

and nearly all of the Payday 2 DLC.

Particularly impressed with Nidhogg and Hotline Miami, actually.

I'm hoping for Game of Thrones, Transistor, South Park The Stick of Truth and Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse to go down in price too.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Been playing elder scrolls online a lot, although usually as part of a group but just doing my own thing. PvP is decent but too big. If you die you spawn miles away from the fight and have to spend 5 minutes or so making your way back.

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 pm

I'm going to be setting up a youtube channel because I might as well be productive while looking for a job, SO out of this list of games which would you guys be most interested in watching a lets-play of first?

Hotline Miami
Shovel Knight
Mark of the Ninja
Bastion
Transistor
Limbo

I was also considering doing a little video of Nidhogg, because that game is crazy fun!
Last edited by Potato-Jim on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brendancoles

Postby Brendancoles » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Hotline Miami for the sheer frustration it causes.

ribbons69
Denim Demon

Postby ribbons69 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:43 am

Potato-Jim wrote:I'm going to be setting up a youtube channel because I might as well be productive while looking for a job, SO out of this list of games which would you guys be most interested in watching a lets-play of first?

Shovel Knight

My mate has almost platinum'd Shovel Knight . Not my kind of game tbh.
Has anyone else been drooling over the Fallout 4 footage from E3 ? That will be the game that finally prompts me to upgrade to a PS4.
Tom G Warrior wrote:I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt,

we fall to rise

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:33 pm

ribbons69 wrote:
Potato-Jim wrote:I'm going to be setting up a youtube channel because I might as well be productive while looking for a job, SO out of this list of games which would you guys be most interested in watching a lets-play of first?

Shovel Knight

My mate has almost platinum'd Shovel Knight . Not my kind of game tbh.
Has anyone else been drooling over the Fallout 4 footage from E3 ? That will be the game that finally prompts me to upgrade to a PS4.

I dunno, Shovel Knight could surprise you. I haven't played it yet but I'm a sucker for platformers. Plus the soundtrack is apparently awesome.

And yeah Fallout 4 looks amazing. I have no reason to assume it wouldn't be. And Mods will always make it better. The fact that the consoles are getting mods too is also pretty awesome, but I'm sure they'll be a lot more restricted.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:35 pm

i have been playing about with the backwards compatibility on xbox one a little bit, and i have discovered and interesting perk that they will probably fix. basically it emulates an xbox 360 within your xbox one, so your games are not played from disc they have to be installed. when you put a disc in, it does its thing and installs a digital copy of the game. you can then just go ahead and get rid of the disc, as there is no distinction between a copy purchased digitally and one installed from disc. i can see them trying to sort that one out before it releases to the general public.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:32 pm

So the steam sales have been shit this time around. According to Steam's tracker, I've only spent $11.90 this sale. None of the big names seem to be getting good deals, just the indy games (which I already own shit tonnes of).
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Bungie are charging £40 for the taken king expansion. It's expensive but whatever.

But wait, there's an edition that includes the base game, dark below, house of wolves AND the taken king? That'll cost a fortune surely. Oh, its £55...
What a slap in the face to people who paid £40-£50 for the game then £35 for the expansion pass...stupid pricing. They can't justify charging £40 for the taken king when they're throwing in content worth at least £75 for just £15 extra, fucking rip off if ever I saw one. Won't be buying it unless they change the price.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Picked up Dark Souls in the Steam sales and actually getting on pretty well with it surprisingly, just ringing the first bell and taking the two gargoyles out first time. Also picked up Arkham Knight today which should be fun.

Tried playing Far Cry 4, but may not finish it. It's just so boring, I have no desire to do much of anything in it and the sandbox is unnecessarily large for what's there.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Almost predictably, Batman Arkham Knight is an absolute mess on PC. What a joke.

Potato-Jim

Postby Potato-Jim » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:59 am

They'll patch it...eventually.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:23 pm

kanet666 wrote:Picked up Dark Souls in the Steam sales and actually getting on pretty well with it surprisingly, just ringing the first bell and taking the two gargoyles out first time. Also picked up Arkham Knight today which should be fun.

Tried playing Far Cry 4, but may not finish it. It's just so boring, I have no desire to do much of anything in it and the sandbox is unnecessarily large for what's there.

Far Cry 4 is amazing don't know what you're talking about :?

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:25 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Almost predictably, Batman Arkham Knight is an absolute mess on PC. What a joke.

Pretty much happens for all AAA games on PC

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Runs like a dream on console. It's seamless, no loading and it is beautiful. :yes: ps4 version is meant to be better but really, I can't see it being a noticeable difference from the Xbox one.