What pissed you off today

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: What pissed you off today

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:00 am

They started having interviews for first time passports about five years ago. It was part of the ID cards thing. They scrapped the ID cards, but you still have to have the interview.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:31 pm

It's 35 degrees outside today. Naturally, the office aircon is broken.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Yeah they do an interview as standard now for first time adult passport applications. Had to go to some office in Leeds.
Still not heard from them. I have no idea what else to do at this point? I'm assuming if it doesn't arrive I just can't go, there aren't any temporary measures that would allow me to travel for those few days booked is there? ugh.
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:56 pm

If you've got a phone number then give them a ring. They used to prioritise those that are urgent for people going away soon. No harm in trying. But you may have to go to the office.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Kylan_Paassa
Denim Demon

Postby Kylan_Paassa » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Aye ive already rang several times and theyve assured me its being dealt with, but how close can you actually get to the date of travel? Christ :lol:
Not sure if the office I went to actually issues the passports or was just a place to hold the interviews... I may ring them back again tomorrow night and ask what would be the process had it not arrived by Friday/Monday.
RedTeamWins wrote:
Turbo wrote:I presented the goods and I got no reply. Good job this isnt ebay.

A+++ EXCELLENT MOOBS, WOULD VIEW AGAIN.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:They started having interviews for first time passports about five years ago. It was part of the ID cards thing. They scrapped the ID cards, but you still have to have the interview.

Not always, depends on various conditions as I got my first adult one in 2014 and didn't have to interview. Had to do some other crap though.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Danroush wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:They started having interviews for first time passports about five years ago. It was part of the ID cards thing. They scrapped the ID cards, but you still have to have the interview.

Not always, depends on various conditions as I got my first adult one in 2014 and didn't have to interview. Had to do some other crap though.

If you had a child's passport then it is treated as a renewal so no interview is needed. I went through this with someone at work quite recently!
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:10 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
Danroush wrote:

If you had a child's passport then it is treated as a renewal so no interview is needed. I went through this with someone at work quite recently!

Ah right, I think someone above also used the phrase "first adult" passport which threw me.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:18 am

Finally went to the doctor as the pain in my arm got no better after that fall off my bike 2 weeks back. He said I've fractured a bone in my elbow and has sent me for an x-ray. Fucking train delay and crappy buses taking the long way making getting to the hospital take forever - gonna have to make up a load of time at work. Might have to have an operation as worst case, wonder if I can refuse to have anything done until after masters of Rock. No fucking way am I missing that.

Typing on this forum on mobile is actually worse now since the update, this is fucking idiotic.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:26 pm

I upset a little scrote on his scooter while driving home. Now I'm slightly worried I'll wake up to find the car keyed, or something.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:27 pm

my tablet is running slow as fuck. well, the internet on my tablet is running slow as fuck. it was fine until today,but all day its been basically unusable. everything else is running fine, been playing battlefield and halo online for a fair while today and wasnt lagging. Nothing i have tried has sorted it, except resetting the router because i am using the internet. i might try that as a last resort in the morning but as i said everything else is fine. i use my tablet all the time :x

Matty_the_Emo_Slayer
Denim Demon

Postby Matty_the_Emo_Slayer » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:14 pm

I'm not exactly tapped out broke, but still with an awful lot less than I would like for going away to Denmark on Wednesday. Hoping like fuck I can get down to my grandparents on Monday or Tuesday and they can slide me some early birthday cash.
Upcoming Gigs
Aug 25|Bangor|PiL+Undertones+XSLF+Outcasts
Sept 7|B'fast|Rose Tattoo+Girlschool
Sept 15|Dub|Cruachan+Skyclad+Waylander
Sept 27|B'fast|RBOTN+Midnight Force
Oct 10|B'fast|Enslaved+High On Fire

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Half of reddit going dark in retaliation to some mod being sacked. I don't care. I want to browse /r/wtf.

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Most of the decent subs stayed open so I wasn't that fussed, although /r/djent closing was a nuisance.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:03 am

I got too wrapped up in the circlejerk to care that some subs were closed. I went hard on this one, posting on random subreddit that didn't go dark dumb shit like "Wow can't believe the mods care so little about the community" and shit likme that. It's been great fun.