Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
WorMzy
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby WorMzy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:12 pm

According to my steam library, I have 315 games, but of those I can only play 162 of them natively on Linux atm.

I didn't really buy anything this Steam sale.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Smerphy
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Smerphy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:11 pm

The only time I ever buy a game off of steam is when I hear about an indie point and click game and tell myself I'm going to get back into point and click games, then I never play it. I have done this for the last 3 years or so. :lol:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Only bought a couple of games, and neither of them were more than £3.50. Was tempted by Wolfenstein, but just couldn't justify it when I have so many games to play.

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:32 pm

I currently have 77 games, 45 of which I bought recently. Not bad. These are mostly games I wanted for ages so that's good!

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:40 pm

Close to hitting 40 hours on Dark Souls now, got a relatively high dex character and off to get me some Lord Souls. Since I've properly got to grips with the play style I've been on a roll. Cracking value for the £6 or so I've paid for it.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:44 am

Went on planetside 2 on ps4 there just to try it out, played for about an hour. It's a pretty fun game, although I'm still in the starter area, it seems decent enough for a free to play game.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:56 am

Decided to hold for Saints Row 4. I found it for £12 on Amazon! As I say, I'm paying catch up.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:35 am

Davros wrote:Decided to hold for Saints Row 4. I found it for £12 on Amazon! As I say, I'm paying catch up.

Got it during the christmas/new year sale for £3.74 I believe :P

VizardAmata wrote:Was tempted by Wolfenstein, but just couldn't justify it when I have so many games to play.

Very much the same here, but I also can't run it on my current hardware anyway xD
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:11 pm

I wanted Wolfenstein, but I didn't 8.75 want it considering the other games I have on Steam.

On the point of wasting money, considering picking up a PS4. I really wanna play Bloodborne, and I'll need it for when Pro Evo comes out in September.

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Wii just got a Wii U.

We'll be getting Splatoon by the end of the week and currently have Mario Kart 8 downloading. We also got Donkey Kong Country which is pretty sick. I think these three games are all I'll play.

Also the fact that Crunchyroll is on it is pretty neat.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:48 pm

The Wii U is actually worth buying now, but I'm waiting for the Zelda Wii U game myself.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:52 pm

Splatoon is pretty fun, though I've not played it in a couple of weeks after getting fed up with the matchmaking system, which is broken beyond belief.

If you never played Wind Waker on Gamecube, you might want to pick that up too. Hyrule Warriors looks like a fun game too (I have it, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet).
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Danroush wrote:
Davros wrote:Decided to hold for Saints Row 4. I found it for £12 on Amazon! As I say, I'm paying catch up.

Got it during the christmas/new year sale for £3.74 I believe :P

VizardAmata wrote:Was tempted by Wolfenstein, but just couldn't justify it when I have so many games to play.

Very much the same here, but I also can't run it on my current hardware anyway xD

Damn that's cheap! Is it for the physical copy? Also at the moment considering I'm so far behind as I've not gamed for the last few years I really don't see the point in buying something new as they're so expensive. In fact I'm quite surprised by how many patches and updates you get on console games. You never got that sort of thing I. The 16 6 bit era. However you didn't get games like GTA5 haha!
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Jobdone wrote:I wanted Wolfenstein, but I didn't 8.75 want it considering the other games I have on Steam.

On the point of wasting money, considering picking up a PS4. I really wanna play Bloodborne, and I'll need it for when Pro Evo comes out in September.

As long as you only want bloodborne and multi platform games, go for it. The exclusives are shocking.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:47 pm

CrappyMike wrote:
Jobdone wrote:I wanted Wolfenstein, but I didn't 8.75 want it considering the other games I have on Steam.

As long as you only want bloodborne and multi platform games, go for it. The exclusives are shocking.

Yeah I'm literally buying it for Bloodborne, a better Pro Evo, and a decent bluray player.