Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
someone else
Denim Demon

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby someone else » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:18 am

Gig photographers generally getting in the way of paying punters - blocking the view, pushing past, flashes going off in your face
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:01 am

someone else wrote:Gig photographers generally getting in the way of paying punters - blocking the view, pushing past, flashes going off in your face

Or paying punters filming the whole thing with the camera phone in your face. In a darkened room that light and the subsequent glare really ruins it! I don't mind people taking a few pictures during a show, but filming the whole thing, really? Who watches that crappy footage anyway? I guess enough to put most bands off releasing proper DVDs unless they're on a big label. I sometimes get tempted to "accidentally" knock them into the pit.

At least gig photographers are supposed to bugger off after 2/3 songs. This may be irrelevant as my reviews site is amateur (and I can't be arsed with it anymore), but even if I'm on the guestlist for review and get a photopass I don't use it - I would rather be watching it properly so I can review it better.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:10 am

jwh20 wrote:
someone else wrote:Gig photographers generally getting in the way of paying punters - blocking the view, pushing past, flashes going off in your face

Or paying punters filming the whole thing with the camera phone in your face. In a darkened room that light and the subsequent glare really ruins it! I don't mind people taking a few pictures during a show, but filming the whole thing, really? Who watches that crappy footage anyway? I guess enough to put most bands off releasing proper DVDs unless they're on a big label. I sometimes get tempted to "accidentally" knock them into the pit.

Oh that too, I seem to be the only one at gig that will say anything to anyone who does that, particularly to the ones who hold it above their head so that they can see! Most just tend to grumble to each other. I went to see Lordi and there was one guy filming the whole thing near the front, tap on the shoulder and he put it down (not before looking at me like I was the most unreasonable person in the place)

Last night, the snappers were roaming about the for the whole gig. For a gig that wasn't full, it takes a special skill to get in so many people's way, and not give a monkey's about it.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:09 am

I bet there is someone on this forum who films entire gigs with their phone
Please enlighten us.
Why is watching it back in low definition with crappy distorted sound better than seeing it live?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:47 pm

Remember once watching an entire gig through the screen of a camera because of some twat tall cunt in front of me. Tall people should be told to kneel or sit down or fuck off or something. We need to address this. Stop tall people from ruining gigs. Fucking wankers. Piss off.

Really good picture quality though, I think it was HD.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Jim wrote:Can confirm - 5 seconds from finger on power button to lock screen. This is amazing!

I've had that on my chromebook for the last 2 1/2 years. That combined with a lightweight OS makes it lightning fast without having to pay much for high powered hardware :)
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:07 am

I spent two hours last night in St John's Crypt watching three Russian guys in pointy black hats do Tibetan chanting (with the odd horn/drum) for two hours.

Basically this but two hours, sat on stony ground and trying not to fidget.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK5uG2fN6HE

I mean, it was interesting and all but the main reason I stuck it out the whole time (unlike half the room) is I didn't wanna look like a philistine.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:15 am

Seems I started a conversation over facebook with some girl I went to college with. I am hoping I can cannon it pretty quickly. Lord knows why I started chatting with her. I am officially banned from internet after 4 beers.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:58 pm

My Jager is frozen. FML today.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:59 am

Landlord taking ages with that microwave he agreed to. Decided to reheat some food in the oven in a saucepan. Took it out fine, then forgot to reput the oven mit on when I went to drain any remaining water. Burnt inside of my hand, now got a michelin man left hand full of bandages...
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:13 pm

Bangover is setting in. Why do I always do this? I need to find some other way of appreciating music than giving myself whiplash. Bet this house doesn't have any proper bath salts or something otherwise I'd be game for that.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:57 pm

I have eaten far too much for one person. This goes against my resolution of having smaller portions.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Got stung by a wasp for the fourth time this year at work (I'm assuming they were all by different wasps and it's not just one with a personal grievance with me) today. Fucking stripy bastards, wish they'd all just fuck off and die already!

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:44 am

Ive had two absolutely horrendous night's sleep on the bounce. Taking today dead slow.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:15 pm

That feeling of having forgotten something in the packing process.