Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Turbo
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby Turbo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:48 pm

3 days till Insomnia. I'm pretty stoked to say the least. Just hope my mates car is big enough to put our combined gaming paraphernalia. Might leave my laptop behind. Seems alot of aggravation for essentially the ability to play Age of Empires II. I am not running short on games with Far Cry 1-Blood Dragon, the absolute time sink Minecraft, quest to get my Tiger on World of Tanks (probably a day on premiums work by itself), GTA5, Bully, Max Payne 3, Borderlands, two Metro games that were free this month, Fallout: New Vegas and if it arrives between now and Thursday, Sims 3 for the lolz.

RB2610
Denim Demon

Postby RB2610 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Danroush wrote:
Potato-Jim wrote:Rocket League is totally worth your time and money. But I'd definitely say it's a better experience when played with friends.

Which I have not done yet ;-;

I saw it at E3 and the coverage was just a massive circlejerk.

It looks like a slightly better version of a fuck about football game I made on Halo 3 forge with rockets and hammers...5 quid for a copy maybe...but 15?

Except it has cars, which can jump, and fly!

Seriously though, while yeah, the basic concept could be knocked together in most games that support mods and have vehicles for free, what makes it worth the price is how well they've refined the gameplay to be really fun and satisfying.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide whether to continue playing Fallout: New Vegas again (played it before, but only got about halfway through the story), or acquire one of the older MGS games to see what all the fuss about, since MGS5 is looking like it's getting crazy good reviews.
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:08 pm

Only metal gear game I have enjoyed was revengeance. Silly name, fun game.

Had a quick go on the black ops 3 beta tonight and I have to say it has, similarly to black ops 2, rekindled my interest in cod. It's excellent. Other than that I have not found much use for my PS4 lately, I might buy cod for that though it depends who else is getting it.

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Danroush wrote:
Potato-Jim wrote:Rocket League is totally worth your time and money. But I'd definitely say it's a better experience when played with friends.

Which I have not done yet ;-;

I saw it at E3 and the coverage was just a massive circlejerk.

It looks like a slightly better version of a fuck about football game I made on Halo 3 forge with rockets and hammers...5 quid for a copy maybe...but 15?

Obviously the PR-wankery contributed to the games success, but in terms of game design, it's near flawless.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:46 am

Plonked another 3 hours into it last night.

Continues to be ridiculously fun, and I continue to be bad.

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:50 am

Football Manager 2015 being down to less than a tenner a few weeks ago has taken over my life, why is each instalment the most addictive game in the world?

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:54 pm

Well this is a turn up for the books. Three people came around my house, I sent the old guy home because he stank and was boring. Two people my generation were invited in. I went to the toilet, came back to find them making out. They went home, I went to bed. I woke up the morning had to go to work before finishing off breakfast accidentally leaving the cooker on and yes you guessed it I had a fire and I didn't have a smoke detector so I had to leave work early so I could ring the fire department. My cooker and the surfaces were wrecked so I had to replace them. Then I decided with my last 100 simoleons that I should invite that bit of all right out. I invited her out to the American football stadium, she stopped around mine. She's eating my food. She was alright with a kiss and a massage but making out was definitely out the question. Then I decided to clean the sink while she was in my bath for a cheeky peek. We went to bed at 3am. Had a bit of a lie in, I mean 10:30am on a Saturday christ. Spent all morning on the sofa cuddling and watching some lame TV shows. Might get some pizza in a bit. Hoping for a bum later.

Sims 3 arrived.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:37 am

Rocket League has advanced. I changed my name on steam to Harry Kane to channel the true power, and I scored a hattrick 3 games on the trot. This convinced my mate to google "Good football player" and now Messi and Kane are setting each other up constantly.

Ez pz.

At 8 hours now. Continues to be amazing. Another guy picked it up recently so now we're on 4v4 maps and it's fucking nuts.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:16 am

Cannot deal with 4v4, too chaotic. Doubles or Standard at best. Been hammering ranked doubles with a mate, unstoppable!

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:55 am

Yeah, I like that they straight up called it "Chaos" because it fits so perfectly. How big of a step up is ranked? Is everyone just as a spacky as usual or do you actually have to know how to play the game?

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:42 pm

In my experience, wins come by easier in ranked :lol
But I don't know how the tier system works, you start at bronze and x amount of points pushes you to silver etc, so you may well be faced with purely bronze levelled players to begin with.

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:05 pm

So my copies of Until Dawn, Mad Max and Metal Gear Solid V have been dispatched :D Gonna be a lot of gaming next week :)

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:08 am

One of the Metal Gear Solids were free on xbone either this month or last. I got it as I can build my library from my 360 so when I get an xbone I should have a few things to play.

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:39 am

I've still not played any MSG beyond a demo of the first one. Should really get around to it.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:44 am

Same here. Totally over looked.