Computer Games Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
RB2610
Denim Demon

Re: Computer Games Thread

Postby RB2610 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Ended up getting MGS3: Snake Eater for 3DS in the end, saves fiddling with an emulator, and apparently the 3rd one is one of the more important ones for catching up with the story for MGSV.

In other news, Rocket League is a whopping 10% off on Steam at the moment (or free if you preorder a Steam Controller or Steam). Buuuuuyyyyy itttttttt
Winner of "The who are you again? Award for people who seem to slip under the radar, despite posting regularly" 2009!!

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 pm

People paid for rocket league? :lol: its good but I wouldn't have bought it. One of the more fun ps plus games.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:03 am

Rocket league looks alright actually. Its one of three games I have seen played at this event. Im getting it for the lulz. Hope my laptop will run it.

WorMzy
Denim Demon

Postby WorMzy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:42 pm

The only good MGS is the first one. Third one is decent, but faffy.
"I don't always go to clubs... but when I do, I enter through the ladies room"
~ Adam Jenson

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Played MGS2, it was crap. Got Ground Zeroes for free so may give it a go at some point.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

XRe: Computer Games Thread

Postby CrappyMike » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:13 pm

My brother has preordered phantom pain on ps4 so I could download it if I want. I may do that and then buy mad Max digital and call it even. The reviews (sorry, pre-review impressions) are all good so it might be worth a try. Problem is the ps4 hard drive is so small when you look at the size of the games... I have a 2TB for my Xbox one so if I do get mad Max it will be for that.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:35 am

Packing up my shit tomorrow. Now have a set of headphones that will work on my 360 and my laptop and with an adapter my xbone which will be coming soon. Ill do a good bad ugly on this tm.

More revelant: im dead impressed with BOPs3. Its slick, I love the running up walls, jetboots and sliding across floor mechanics. I'm sold when the game comes out.

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:35 am

CrappyMike wrote:People paid for rocket league? :lol: its good but I wouldn't have bought it. One of the more fun ps plus games.

I don't have a PS4 yet so...yeah. A couple of friends and I stream it from time to time and it's a great laugh :)

I do really want to play Until Dawn, and I must be one of the only people in the Gaming subculture that doesn't give a flying fuck about MGS :rolleyes:

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:50 pm

So as promised.

Insomnia55.

The Good.

Food to the table. Though it did cause me to die in game because I needed to sign for it, but oh well online play is a bitch. Some of the pizzas were well fit.

People were friendly on the whole, even if they did think they're some kind of gaming masterclass because virtually everyone was PC only, least in our lobby.

Exhibition was ace, particularly the retro gaming tent - where someone was playing Black Ops 1 zombies. I think I played that at one point in the weekend.

Insomnia 56 is at the NEC where I hope all future ones are because no more hotels for me. I won't make the next one but the one in Spring 2016 looks likely.

The Bad.

CLANS - seriously put these dicks in a hall to themselves. Obnoxious, charmless fuck wits with no manners. There was a clan of perhaps 12 or more people sat right behind us, and with them an audience. The alleys weren't the widest so I had to fight my way to go piss or beer. They were backwards and forwards all the time knocking into peoples chairs and one of them managed to knock my jacket off which was subsequently kicked 30 feet away and was a bitch to find in pitch black.

The bar was not really ready for this event. We did sort of start early on Thursday afternoon but we got to the bar to find the only beers on offer were Fosters or Guinness. Pluto can orbit the sun in the time the Guinness was poured. Some bar staff didn't recognise UK currency. Some bar staff seemed to totally forget/have a rough idea at least of who was next waiting, and with a bar full of punters at times there was only one person behind serving. Glad I bought a keg of beer.

Shortage of toilets: See ugly.

Ugly.

Seemed that 2 large halls and a bar had one toilet. About 7 urinals and 3 shitters. Then the urinals started over flowing. I nearly absent mindedly walked into a lake of piss.

CLANS AGAIN: Unwashed bodies/wearing the same tshirt for four days solid. They smelled of shit.

On the whole I would go again and would recommend. Hopefully armed with a bit of cash next time though. Did I mention my bank in the ugly section?

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:23 am

I've got that WoW needle back in my arm.

Levelled from 1-70 on the bank holiday.

It's so grindy.

It's so good.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:49 am

I have that, but I am afraid to play it. Be on it for what I think was 3 hours when in fact it was 3 days.

Ill dig it up one day but PC gaming is more behind than console. I still haven't completed Return to Castle Wolfenstein and I think I have Command and Conqueror Tiberian Sun knocking around somewhere. Ah just spotted Half Life 2. Another incomplete game. fml.

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Potato-Jim wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:People paid for rocket league? :lol: its good but I wouldn't have bought it. One of the more fun ps plus games.

I don't have a PS4 yet so...yeah. A couple of friends and I stream it from time to time and it's a great laugh :)

I do really want to play Until Dawn, and I must be one of the only people in the Gaming subculture that doesn't give a flying fuck about MGS :rolleyes:

I'd go one further and extend that to pretty much anything Konami does.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Killing_time
Leather Rebel

Postby Killing_time » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Until Dawn is another interactive movie from Sony! Played it for a few hours and whilst the storytelling is good there's just not enough freedom which means that the collectibles are ridiculously easy to obtain. Graphics are very good and the voice acting is good but it just falls a bit flat on gameplay.

Metal Gear Solid V

About 8 hours in and it feels like i'm playing Far Cry 3/4, Tagging enemies and finding the best way to take down outposts and compounds! It looks fantastic and plays well but seems a bit all over the place and not very good as a story so far :( I'm hoping this will improve the further i get in the game. Didn't like the motherbase business in Peace Walker so them bringing that shit back for this was terrible for me also! Still early days though so not gonna give a full review on what i think just yet.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:25 pm

I'm not having a lot of luck trying to get my xbox 360 controller to work on my laptop. I am one of the strange few that are still knocking around on Vista for the time being. It's not as simple as plug and play like stuff on this shitty operating system generally isn't. I have a lead and a controller obvs, downloaded the drivers off Microsofts website and installed. Then when I go to "set up game controller" I have no game controller to set up. Anyone care to share some light on this?

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:26 pm

As in you're using a wireless controller and have a separate lead, or you have a wired controller? For my wireless one I use a gamepad receiver, cost just under 20quid I believe (didn't have the wired controller at this time.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1