Trivial Grumblings

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Trivial Grumblings

Postby jwh20 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Turbo wrote:Ive had two absolutely horrendous night's sleep on the bounce. Taking today dead slow.

Same. I look horrendous and I'm not thinking straight at all. What a day to be working face to face on my own. So exhausted all day I've not been able to get excited at all for my trip to Norway tomorrow. Which is going to be raining the entire ruddy time.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Motorhome failed its MOT this morning. Sigh.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:31 pm

jwh20 wrote:
Turbo wrote:Ive had two absolutely horrendous night's sleep on the bounce. Taking today dead slow.

Same. I look horrendous and I'm not thinking straight at all. What a day to be working face to face on my own. So exhausted all day I've not been able to get excited at all for my trip to Norway tomorrow. Which is going to be raining the entire ruddy time.

Jumping on the no sleep bandwagon. Looking forward to a real lie-ion on Monday.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:30 am

Feel wrecked. Try and cheer myself up by going for a number 2.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:56 pm

The Vulcan got cancelled due to bad weather. Sadly now I'll never be able to say that I saw (and heard) it fly.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:05 pm

thehairyone wrote:Sadly now I'll never be able to say that I saw (and heard) it fly.

You're giving up too easily. The Old Sarum Airshow in a couple of weeks is only an hour's drive for you. Or the Goodwood Revival meeting is only an hour and half. Honestly, it's worth making the effort. Just MHO.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Tet wrote:
thehairyone wrote:Sadly now I'll never be able to say that I saw (and heard) it fly.

You're giving up too easily. The Old Sarum Airshow in a couple of weeks is only an hour's drive for you. Or the Goodwood Revival meeting is only an hour and half. Honestly, it's worth making the effort. Just MHO.

More stuff has been added since I last looked. I had it in my head it was stopping flying next weekend. Will do what I can to get to one of those...

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:06 am

Last 2 dates I've been on have been with Chatterboxes who wouldn't shut up beforehand but go deathly silent afterwards. FFS :lol:
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:41 pm

Feel pretty meh at the moment. Ate too many pizzas, not had enough winks etc. I can't wait until I can legit just piss off to bed and not be up at 4am. Sodding laptop is also behaving rather strangely as well. I sort of hope its on its way out because I really want a computer/new laptop.

CrappyMike
Denim Demon

Postby CrappyMike » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Now that I'm a team leader I actually have to do early shifts. Had to be up at 4:30 this morning to get ready and had a terrible sleep, slept a total of 4 and a half hours, an hour and a half at a time. And I have a mid shift tomorrow, mid shifts are silly. Especially on a Tuesday.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:22 pm

Turbo wrote:Feel pretty meh at the moment. Ate too many pizzas, not had enough winks etc. I can't wait until I can legit just piss off to bed and not be up at 4am. Sodding laptop is also behaving rather strangely as well. I sort of hope its on its way out because I really want a computer/new laptop.

Now wide awake. After a weekend of eating pizza and drinking beer, I think I nearly just fisted myself.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:32 pm

The car failed it's MOT. Lots of welding required.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:10 pm

Friend of mine needs driving from Gatwick to Coventry in a couple of weeks time and I can't financially tell him that I would do it for free or a bottle of Jack Daniels. Worked out it will cost him probably £100 when you consider fuel and me taking a day off work and thus loss of earnings. Think he's better off just getting the train, shame because I like to help.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:02 pm

Just set off my gag reflex with my toothbrush. Id be absolutely useless at giving blowies.

jwh20
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby jwh20 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:48 am

I'm working in a library today. So why are there dozens of screaming toddlers?

It's also quiet (in a customer sense, not a volume one) and I've forgotten my book I'm mega close to finishing- the library doesn't have a copy either. Going mad with boredom, and the noise.