What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Davros
Denim Demon

Re: What's upset you?

Postby Davros » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:44 am

Jobdone wrote:I'll just agree with what everyone else said Moo, I don't have much to add because I've been going through that whole thing of who I am when I'm around people and who I actually am yadda yadda for the best part of 10 years. I'm fairly sure I've got it nailed down at the moment. But on the other hand part of life is changing so maybe who I was back then was fine and who I was at the time and who I am now is just different because life changes you.

Davros, on the withdrawal thing, honestly sometimes I agree with it depending on the situation. Sometimes I just need the downtime to recharge and not see anyone for a while, but if it's just you sitting there letting the bad thoughts swirl round your head, reach out. I've got a couple of mates where we have that back and forth of "I'm feeling fucking terrible, and I'm gonna snap and sound pissed at you, but I'm not. I just don't want to do that to myself for the next 4 hours"

Yeah maybe it's a case of that. I sometimes find I need to hang back and get everything straight. As I say everything is heightened at the moment as its post Bloodstock and all the family stuff is going on. When thoughts are going on it is easyer to retreat a and recharge. It also helps hanging out with my girlfriend and watching stuff like Mad
Max and not having anything to do with metal and music for a bit.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:22 pm

Tomorrow is the last day I get to see one of the best friends I have in Edinburgh for the last time before she goes home to America. Then, in the next few weeks, some of my lovely flatmates and other friends will move away and it's going to be really sad. I don't make friends very easily any more, so seeing a good bunch go all at once is going to be rubbish.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:20 pm

It appears going by posters put up on the trees on my road that the friendly tortoiseshell cat at no. 80 has been missing since Friday :(

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:12 am

nothing sadder than a missing cat poster :(

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Missed my mate's funeral today because I had to work :(

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:48 pm

My cousin has (second stage? I don't know how it works) stomach cancer. They only found out because it had spread to her ovaries. She has a kid.
I really hope she's going to be okay but I don't know that she will.
I've been crying on and off all day and it didn't help that work has been really fucking shit the past week.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:19 pm

:( That's really shit news dude. I hope she makes a full recovery!

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:55 pm

My Godfather took his own life yesterday.

I love that man. He taught me many valuable life lessons and introduced me to many things that changed my life, such as South Park, Bill and Ted and Jarvis Cocker's solo work. Also, the importance of humour in everyday life. As my parents' best man, he was close to my family and will be sorely missed and remembered forever.

Rest in peace, Ian. You magnificent bastard.

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:26 pm

That's heavy, mate :(

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:27 pm

My thoughts are with you dude. God thats horrible. :(

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:55 pm

A friend of mine from school, in only her first weekend of training in the army, something she'd been working towards getting into for a while, collapsed and died during a training drill.

I'm 22 and already two people from my school year are dead, and neither were ones who had pissed their lives away doing stupid stuff. Makes you realise just how short and lucky life really is.
Steam = Starchild

Catch me at:
Nightwish - London

Gojira - London
Sabaton - London

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:51 pm

kanet666 wrote:A friend of mine from school, in only her first weekend of training in the army, something she'd been working towards getting into for a while, collapsed and died during a training drill.

I'm 22 and already two people from my school year are dead, and neither were ones who had pissed their lives away doing stupid stuff. Makes you realise just how short and lucky life really is.

Fucking hell mate, Aye two here as well. One chappy got poleaxed by the digger of a JCB at his workplace, and the other guy was a drug overdose. I never knew either of them that well but I think they've both been gone for 8 or more years. I am in a group for the former, and his family members and best friends often post messages around times of his birthday and the anniversary, Christmas too which is lovely. I do get a bit emotional when I read them even though I can't remember every saying a word to the chap in my life.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:43 pm

An old friend of mine was killed in a car accident last night. I'm not that upset about it as we'd hardly really spoken for months or seen each other, but still, I think it's the first of friends my age who have died :( he was a really lovely bloke too

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:28 am

Gf of 2 years and I broke up a few weeks ago
I've half struggling and half getting on fine, it's been weird
But I just watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and it's ruined me
I've seen it 3 times before and never felt a thing

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:38 am

Rumours being started about me at work. That I only got a position because someone was pressured into accepting me by the higher ups. Fucksake.
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.