What's upset you?

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
Nantha
Denim Demon

Re: What's upset you?

Postby Nantha » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:22 pm

peypea wrote:Rumours being started about me at work. That I only got a position because someone was pressured into accepting me by the higher ups. Fucksake.

Are you upset cos people are making things up or upset because you heard that and are wondering if it's true?

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:47 am

Upset because people made it up. The way that they're alleging the pressure was applied is literally undo able. I got the job based on the fact that I can bloody well do it. Nothing else :/
Turbo wrote:One day I'll get around to tasting Pussy.

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Some people are just spiteful jealous shit. Not us. We know you're wonderful. We also know you have a really tight core of integrity which whoever is making these up is just ignoring.

Nantha
Denim Demon

Postby Nantha » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Yeah, it's just jealous bitches. You know fully well you deserve that job so try to ignore it :)

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:16 pm

You get those cunts in retail and they wonder why they don't get considered for such roles. Seem to feel that it should all fall into their lap and it never crosses their mind that people work hard for those positions. If it persists I suggest jabbing them in the ribs in the changing room. No witnesses.

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:09 pm

It's the manager of the store I'm going into that said it. So it's definitely not jealousy seeing as she will be my boss.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Postby Fjar » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:03 pm

Did something nice for a colleague, other colleagues use it to inject their own drama and make it all about them. Fuck. Off.
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

Gandalf the Red
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:33 am

Howard Kendall dying. :(

Normally this would go in the RIP or football threads but he was a family friend due to him going out with my cousin at one point. Met him numerous times and he was a true gentleman, even when taking the piss out of us for being reds. RIP big fella.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

NeglectedField
Denim Demon

Postby NeglectedField » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:23 pm

I was at a very low ebb at work today and I wonder how much longer this feeling's gonna last. I'm feeling a sense of loss from some great colleagues leaving a few months back and secondly leaving the workstream I've just got on with for years, knowing it like the back of my hand so being able to half zone out and enjoy the 'bantz', if you will. The longer you're in a comfort zone, the harder it feels when you have to leave it.

Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Don't know where to write this, or if it's even a good idea to, I just need to vent.

But man, I'm fucking stressed. Everything has gone to shite all at once. At work, I've been doing 55+ hour weeks to meet an approaching deadline. And it's been a case of 1 step forward, two steps back.

And in my personal life, someone I've been pretty much head over heals for over a year is now seeing someone. What a kick in the teeth. Further more, I've somehow pissed off a close friend who doesn't seem to want to know me anymore.

I'm a bitter drinking bloke, I can deal with shit. But this much, all at once? Give me a fucking break, please!

i'm trapped in a cycle of wake up, get shit on, go to bed, repeat. It's really starting to take it's toll now. I feel like i'm on the brink of snapping.
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

peypea
Denim Demon

Postby peypea » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:57 pm

My cousin's cancer is really quite far along. She's going to have very aggressive chemo and then have to have her stomach removed which is going to cost her around 30k apparently and she doesn't really have that sort of money being in Poland and all. But we will do what we can and I hope, really really really hope that she manages to beat it.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:04 pm

never mind, just a wobble.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

fluffymoo
Denim Demon

Postby fluffymoo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:12 pm

Back here again, looking for some much needed e-hugs from you lovely people. Maybe one or two of you feel the same way, I hope I'm not alone.

The last few months, basically since my overdose at BOA this year, I seem to keep fucking up friendships and relationships - work, friends, home, family, I can't seem to get any of those aspects of my life right. I'm getting to a point where I'm too scared to go outside, too scared to inflict myself on the world outside my sanctuary (the bed) for fear that I'm going to screw up yet again. Part of me feels like if I don't go out, if I don't get out of bed, I can't harm anyone but myself so that's where I'm better off staying.

I just needed to vent, thanks.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:06 pm

fluffymoo wrote:Back here again, looking for some much needed e-hugs from you lovely people. Maybe one or two of you feel the same way, I hope I'm not alone.

The last few months, basically since my overdose at BOA this year, I seem to keep fucking up friendships and relationships - work, friends, home, family, I can't seem to get any of those aspects of my life right. I'm getting to a point where I'm too scared to go outside, too scared to inflict myself on the world outside my sanctuary (the bed) for fear that I'm going to screw up yet again. Part of me feels like if I don't go out, if I don't get out of bed, I can't harm anyone but myself so that's where I'm better off staying.

I just needed to vent, thanks.

Moo - I don't see you or talk to you as much as i'd like but you've always had a kind word for me when i've been struggling and there are many who can say the same. Your friendship means a lot to me and countless others. I hope saying that can help you in some way :) :hug:

Also, you introduced me to Haribo peaches and they are the best sweets EVER. I got a 500g bag in Norway. Holiday was worth it just for that!
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:29 am

To echo what Hannah said I don't hang out with you nearly enough Lis, but I still consider you a good friend. You've always been one of the people that made me not feel like a bad person. And I'll always remember you as the person that went to the effort of getting me an inaugural BOA gift and getting it signed. Though Steve the plant may have died, his plant pot sleeve lives on in my memories box.

On the "Fuck up relationships" thing, I do entirely get you. It's one of two things.

The first is that the anxious brain can extrapolate any action or sentence or feeling or facial expression into something horrid and world ending and oh god how can I ever face that person again. The things you remember are not the things others remember.

The second thing is related to even if you think you really have done something. I've been through some fairly low moments in my life and treated some people poorly. However the thing that has consistently surprised me throughout my 25 years so far is how forgiving and how understanding people can be.

And that's in the light of me being an insufferable cunt, so fuck knows how much time people have got for an actually good person.

:hug: :hug: