The Relationships Thread

Put the world to rights here (off-topic discussion)
gelder
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby gelder » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:29 pm

I've finally, properly decided on which girl i should go for. now just need to tell the other one, but shes awesome so i really want to still be friends with her so now im planning how to word it

FUCKING SUCK!!!!

:p

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:50 am

Well My love life is a bit messed up at the moment. Being single is so confusing.

I was with this guy (we shall call him mr x) for 2 years, we got on really well but he ended it due to his messed up life. Although I didn't want us to break up we did. Now he is still telling me that he loves me and still wants to be with me but is not ready yet. I really want to be with him but am not holding my breath as I know he's not ready.

But there is this other guy, Mr B who is lovely yet he has told me that although he likes me he still loves his ex and can't have a relationship with me so just wants fun yet when we are together he is so confusing, all over me, then not.

Finally there is mr C who I like but we just chat over msn as he lives about an hour drive away. Yet he continually tells me that he likes me and wants to be with me and never does anything about it. I try but he get's scared.

Although I am single and am doing nothing with them (apart from mr b) I feel used.
I'm a relationship gal (not too serious) who likes to feel wanted and loved. I just feel used.
I know I should stop it with thses guys and move on but I'm not the prettiest picture and I do feel special.

Life is so complicated. I just want to meet a nice guy to go to gigs and rock places with.
Maybe one day.
Last edited by *red* on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
]I'm dyslexic and have trouble spelling. Please do not correct me.

I try my best...sometimes for you spelling nazis that is not enough

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:47 am

I think anyone who 'just wants fun' will end up making you feel used. And if he still likes his ex it can't make you feel very special can it? I'd leave that one alone! Mr c sounds a bit dodgy, if he'll stay stuff like that over msn but won't bother in the real world I'd forget about getting with that one. Just my advice, from what I read!

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:56 am

Yeah. Thanks Lick. (that sounds so dodgy :o )

Damn it all the nice men are taken, either that or "not ready for a relationship". I need that line, along with the famous "It's not you, it's me" line engraved on my tomb stone! :eyes:

I don't need a man but a chance you be a nice thing.

Yeah I'm gonna leave it with Mr C and have a chat with Mr B.

Well at might as well just have fun and enjoy my freedom. :D

Lick Mars
I am the Law!

Postby Lick Mars » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:09 pm

lol yeah just enjoy the freedom while you have it! :D

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:20 pm

FRRREEEDDDOM (Red runs naked around the board!!)

:o

lars_ulrichs_blister
Denim Demon

Postby lars_ulrichs_blister » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:01 pm

w00t wheres the beer!! i always knew id find naked chicks and beer on this forum eventually...............

:lol: :yes:
If God is black then he is Samuel L Jackson

Bauul
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bauul » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:27 pm

*red* wrote:I'm a relationship guy (not too serious) who likes to feel wanted and loved.

To be honest it took me a while to work out if you were a girl or a.... Manowar fan. ;)

I'd agree with Lick about the Internet guy, it's so easy to talk the talk online, but actually walking the walk is a whole different story, something they might never do, even if they are well meaning (that's a big if as well).

As for the 'in love with ex' bloke: True he might just want fun and still does love his ex, but a mate of mine was in love with her ex, even though was enjoying some fun with a rebound type. She told him she was still in love with her ex, but he pushed on anyway, and today she's totally over her ex and they've been dating for over a year now (went to the Dominican Republic for couple of weeks last month lucky sods). So I'd suggest simply have your guard up and don't presume anything about the security, but don't rule out anything progressing, because it can happen.

And Mr. X: I guess a similar story really, if he says he couldn't handle a relationship, he might be right, but he also might be wrong. I know someone who broke up with his girlfriend because he couldn't handle the relationship, but his girlfriend had none of it and basically bullied him back into the relationship. Best thing that ever happened to him too, they're very happy now. So yeah, if you feel strong enough, and I'm not presuming you do, and fully accept neither of the relationships may work out, it might be worth trying anyway. Though ask yourself "if this ended now, would I be hurt?", and if at any point the answer is yes, then pull back immidiately, it's simply not worth the heart ache.

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:38 pm

:? I'm confused :lol:
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:01 pm

There's a girl at work I like but even if my confidence wasn't shot to bits and I had the guts to say something, I'm still elsewhere. It wouldn't be fair to her, not that she'd be interested.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

The Warlord
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby The Warlord » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:29 pm

jackcake wrote:There's a girl at work I like but even if my confidence wasn't shot to bits and I had the guts to say something, I'm still elsewhere. It wouldn't be fair to her, not that she'd be interested.

Ah you knever know Steve take the plunge mate, you knever know! Do Eeeeet!
Instant Wanker.....Just Add Beer!

*red*
Leather Rebel

Postby *red* » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:20 am

jackcake wrote:There's a girl at work I like but even if my confidence wasn't shot to bits and I had the guts to say something, I'm still elsewhere. It wouldn't be fair to her, not that she'd be interested.

If you don't try you will always be wondering "what if!".
Just make sure she knows that you like her. Flirt, or just be very friendly.
Who knows what may happen.

Seize the day because you never know what may happen next ;)

Many times have I liked a guy, not done anything about it then found out too late that he lliked me too. :o

Go for it :yes:

andeh
Denim Demon

Postby andeh » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:50 pm

Yeah dude, "carpe scrotum". I've decided it's really not a good idea to keep it to yourself anyway, least if she says no you've got it out of your system I guess.

jackcake
Denim Demon

Postby jackcake » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:10 pm

Not going to happen. Yet another rejection is absolutely not what I need right now.
Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Last.fm

Bauul
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bauul » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:30 pm

jackcake wrote:Not going to happen. Yet another rejection is absolutely not what I need right now.

Does somebody need a cuddle?