Sleep

Tell us who you'd like to see play in 2016....
ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Sleep

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:43 pm

After seeing their set in Leeds a few years ago, which ended up being cut short due to Al Cisernos having a big issue with the sound tech at the gig, I would love to see them head a day on the SL stage, or maybe a little lower down on the bill on the main stage. They have an awesome backdrop, if they were allowed to bring it for a headline slot, and they are ridiculously heavy live too
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

UnoriginalAlias
Lowly Peon

Re: Sleep

Postby UnoriginalAlias » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:19 pm

I would definitely love to see them at Bloodstock, as long as they headlined Sophie. I don't think having sleep early on the main stage for 40 minutes in broad daylight would do them justice at all.

Both Sleep and Electric Wizard are really obvious choices for Sophie headliners, I think both would be really well received and would probably pack the tent, I find it kinda baffling that neither have ever been booked for the festival.

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Yep Sophie headliner please :)

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:59 pm

As much as I love EW, I would totally go with Sleep over them. Judging from Basts set this year, if I saw a headline set by Sleep, I may be melted on the spot from the intensity of them. I don't think that SUNN, which has been mentioned in the dream lineup thread, would be a good choice, based on atmosphere and the popularity of them hitting a main spot. Bit too of a maybe/maybe not risk. Sleep would definitely be a good alternative though. If they shoved OM or High On Fire onto another slot, maybe earlier in the day on the main stage, that would also work well
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:16 am

Seen both EW and Sleep (I think the Leeds one you mentioned was the one I was at - which started with Matt Pike going up and down in the wheelchair lift - part Angus Young, part Thora Hird) and prefer Sleep. EW was lame, every time they got a decent groove going they'd ruin it with a mistimed vocal or a sausage fingered guitar line.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:48 pm

Please! Them or High on Fire please!

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:00 am

I Really think it would make sense to have them both; sleep sl headline and high on fire on a middle of the day slot on the dio stage. Would definitely complement each other, and essentially getting two with one band member in common

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:35 am

I'd be VERY happy with Sleep! I know a LOT of people in the local metal community would consider this a big draw.

dclizardking
Paster of Muppets

Postby dclizardking » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:53 pm

Would love to see them play. One of my favourite bands and I've yet to see them live.

heavymetal12345
Powermetal Child

Postby heavymetal12345 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Yes Please

Tommyg420
Lowly Peon

Postby Tommyg420 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:01 pm

Yeah I would love to see sleep at this festival, I doubt it would happen though. Due to an almost complete lack of representation of the Doom sub genre.
Boy's are back in town!
Support your local Scene, Buy Unsigned Merch, T Shirts, Vinyl, CD, Posters, Tickets!

Cerpin_Taxt
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Cerpin_Taxt » Thu May 05, 2016 8:49 am

Yes, Yes, 1000 times Yes!

This is a massive draw for me and a band I've never managed to see live before.